>have Clear Sky & Call of Pripyat on Steam
>install Clear Sky
>play for an hour and uninstall a week later
>go back to SoC
>install Call of Pripyat
>play for 2 hours and uninstall a week later
>go do my 20th playthrough of SoC

I can't be the only one who does this.

I actually liked Clear Sky alot. And reluctantly finished CoP.

But overall I agree, I have finished SoC at least 6 times.

>there will never be a STALKER 2

How are you coping today, Sup Forums?

By believing Gunslinger will be released someday.

I don't understand you. CoP is great. It has netter world than SoC, more interesting quests, awesome only-one-in-the-world anomalies and there's one controller encounter and one bloodsucker encounter I will not forget till the end of my life.

Its better that I forget about the game ever being developed.

:^(

I didn't like clear sky at all, CoP is more polished and you'd think it's the better game but SoC is indeed the one I play the most.

Also it feels like there's more shit to do in SoC than CoP which seems to end once you finish the main story.

SoC with AMK 1.4 is objectively the best STALKER.

>play Stalker CoC
>add a few mods
>out of memory

I didn't want to play anyway

I always stop when I get to the Red Forest for some reason

Stalker Strielok, im Cheeki Breeki.

I finished all of stalker ages ago and I needed my fix so I started playing the metro series

it's bretty good AMA.

also characters in metro refer to the surface scavenger people as "stalkers" is this a straight up reference or just coincidence?

Metro and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. are both inspired by the novel "Roadside Picnic" where scavengers looking for artifacts are called "stalkers"
Many of the devs of 4A games are also ex-GSC World staff who developed the X-Ray engine for STALKER

This one always spooks me.

Roadside picnic was breddy gud. Aside from Area X, there really aren't many books out there about 'the zone'. Shame really.

STALKERSOUP or Narodnaya Solyanka is pretty fucking awesome

too bad STALKERSOUP is buggy as fuck and crashes a lot, but the dev is making a 64 bit xray engine which will massively help STALKERSOUP, as well as all modders in general

i just started playing SOC, any recommended mods? i just got to the bar

Finish vanilla, then install AMK 1.4

It's better to start a fresh playthrough with a mod.

SoC's quite widely considered as the best STALKER game. I'm one of those people who think so.

It has way better map design, better pacing (actual "hobo phase"), more memorable missions, and it does not feel as cartoony as CoP.

Vanilla first. Starter Pack's OK to have tho', as it's nothing but bug fixers + lightweight graphics.
Play always on MASTER difficulty, disable crosshair, and don't give up because of shitty starting gear.

>tfw lost mod that lets you actually play the guitars you pick up
Fucking damn it.

As an add-on to the guide the other user posted, fucking avoid COMPLETE. It's utter garbage.

agreed, mane

LOL

RETURN THE SLAB

This. SoC is the best STALKER game out there. CS is an unfinished mess and CoP empty and dull (both amazing games though).

>actual "hobo phase"
What do you mean by this?

Getting killed in one shot always ruined Stalkersoup for me. That and the sniper shotgunners just made it a bitch to play.

The problem with CoP is that it is too friendly of a world. Nimble was a mistake.

Most of those things are improvements, though. I don't understand the complaint.

fuck this game was ridiculously well made

i didn't like how common artifacts were in SoC, it felt like picking coins in mario they were so tightly grouped together, especially in the area where you fight the mercs. however i did enjoy how 'nonlinear' the main quest was.

>install CoP
>download CoC mod
>start as a Loner on Random
>start in Agroprom
>first task from a group of loners is to save a hostage
>"K"
>head off towards great swamp
>immediately tailed by military chopper
>barely make it into the swamp
>head west towards the hostage
>barely take down a group of 3 Military at a camp
>another helo over my ass
>take cover in some collapsed basement
>notice it's gone off and is shooting in another direction
>check PDA
>notice my hostage target is moving towards me
>"o fuk"
>jump out and look
>hostage is running towards me while the helo rains fire down on him
>run up, grab him, and lead him back to cover
>spend the next 20min barely getting back to Agroprom alive
>helo still in Agroprom
>sneak past the military base
>see call over radio issued for helo assistance on a loner nearby the base
>"God dammit"
>run our asses back tot he Loner camp
>return the hostage just in time for the helo to sweep overhead and watch all the Loners start firing off at it
>head down to Agroprom Underground
>immediately murked by bandits
>save deleted because Iron Man

Fuck I love STALKER. God damn.

>CoP first play with Complete
Will always be my regret and a haunted nightmare. Sorry Sup Forums

problem with a lot of the hardcore mods is that they don't really change enemy AI, outside of maybe view distance and accuracy. Stalker's AI would always fan out in a perfect circle around you, and if they hit a corner they would just sit there and wait indefinitely. the transition between 'alert' and 'unaware' was fairly spotty as well, taking out an enemy silently always had a chance of aggroing everyone in the base.

Yeah,
>download CoC
>only ever play CoP with Misery 1.0 / 2.0
>start game
>immediately max the settings
>start new save
>"oh my fuck, why is everything ugly"
>"why does everything look muddy"
>"why are the LODs so ugly"
>realize this is default CoP graphic configs
>close game and play Misery 2.0 instead

I just wish Misery 2.0 didn't cause load times to be so agonizingly long, or require 3rd party patches to not be insanely nightmarishly retardedly difficult in awful ways.

yeah i didnt like misery because every enemy was an elite sniper regardless of how shit their gun was.

also the fact that you died at 5% hp and went through that stupid dying animation.

You were warned but ye dannae listen!

My main issue was vendors not buying anything above 80% durability, and zombies being elite fucking snipers with infinite view range.

I know there's more problems, but I haven't played Misery in maybe 2 years. I just know every time I did, I had to dig around for those fan patch tweaks.

But everything else about Misery, I loved dearly.

Oh yeah, medkits healing at a rate of a dick crawling 1cm an hour, and barely healing anything period.

>installed stalker trilogy
>don't know which one to finish first
Decisions, decisions.

MISERY exists solely to make STALKER as convulated and awkward as possible.

Dude. No matter what game it is, also do numerical or release order.

I will never understand how people have trouble with this shit.

Always do numerical / release order***

Misery 2.0 load times are long as shit because of all of the custom scripts being pumped into the game.

Same reason why loading too many script-heavy mods into Skyrim made you get the infinite load bug.

Which in this case is?
Sorry I just have no back knowledge of the series,
I'm just a new guy enjoying a game for the first time and liking to get lost only to end up as a bandit camp, forgetting to quicksave, and doing it all over again.

A magical experience.

all the crafting bullshit they added didn't help either, i didn't feel any more immersed patching my chemical suit with bits of tarp and copies of mein kamphs than i did just paying someone.

the biggest problem was that as soon as you buy an expensive suit, you get shot once and the thing is practically busted and costs five million dollars to fix, so you just have to savescum so you never get shot.

But it's so easy to just be rich from selling artifacts

Shadow of Chernobyl -> Clear Sky -> Call of Pripyat

All are great games. CS less so, it's easily the wekest entry, and also the most horrendously buggy, but they're all good in their own right.

CoP was personally my favorite. It was more refined and cleaned up, but lacked the interesting areas of SoC, and instead took the approach of having 3 big areas with a ton of shit in them.

CS gets a pass because of how cool the swamp and red forest were.

youtube.com/watch?v=je9-3CjXWOI

Nah you can outright skip Clear Sky and I suggest you do so.

Skip Clear Sky.

It's shit. Shit full of bandits lobbing endless grenades.

Strange, since I never had any of them crash on me having at least one hour in each for testing purposes,

Currently most of my investment went into clear sky, I don't know why you call it bad tbqh :^)
Seems standard stalker experience from an outsider prospective, cheeki breeki counter does go over the safe limits sometimes but i always manage to get through.

Some of you stalkers are allright, don't go to freedom base tomorrow.

>Well made

HAHA no user, it's just slav programing magic, there isn't any code to bind into anything functional, and by all standards the game shouldn't even start up, but somehow it does, and somehow it functions.

It's almost disappointing how easy it is to clear the freedom base.
Every time I try to replay STALKER now I actually just stop playing around the time I get to the bar because the game gets so easy.

CoP is reddit.

once you get a gun that can reliably headshot the game becomes a joke.

Opinions incoming
SoC:
+cool story
+well defined phases (hobo,stalkin,death incarnate)
+many location
+balanced weapons
+the arena
-freedom was underdeveloped as a faction
-factions are fairly one dimensional
-side quests are boring crap

CoP
+AMAZING anomalies
+side stories you can give a fuck about
+characters
+artifact hunting that's fun
+handles better in general
?upgrade system is op and makes guns too good, but could be made right if it provided sidegrades instead
-big open areas, very little forests, makes the game feel small and sandboxy
-lost some of the tone of the original, you don't feel as vulnerable

I played CS last and don't really care to describe it.

Then download AMK

Truth. I end up gimping myself by taking tiny amounts of ammo for my primary and a not so great secondary.

That doesn't make it significantly harder though.

There's actual gear progression
You start off weak as fuck, pistol and sawn off
you work up to an mp5
Ak-74su, 74, an94 etc.

I feel like the upgrades would have been goat if they were a little more expensive. I fucking loved the way they did it tho. upgrading your gun like that was a brilliant idea.

Are you playing on the hardest difficulty?

Because i mean apart from the completely broken 9x39mm it was kind of hard.
That is if you aren't a dirty save scummer, which you might be.

I've never played anything other than master. I just play conservatively I guess.

I agree with you about the abundance of anomalies in SoC.

>install Call of Chernobyl for CoP
>32 maps, all the Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Cop maps + Lost Alpha maps
>Spawn in Cordon is a l lone stalker
>Get a task to save a stalker from bandits in the swamps
>The bandit camp is in a farm, at the north western end of the swamp map
>Sneak past two villages with 15 + military stalkers in them
>The bandit farm is near one of the military village
>Hide in the tall grasses nearby, start to snipe bandits out
>Suddenly, bandits radioed in for reinforcements
>Reinforcements fought their way through the military stalkers villages
>15 + bandits heading for the farm, followed by 20 military stalkers and one helicopter
>Watch the blood bath happening in front of my eyes, still hiding in the tall grasses
>Loot some military guys for a rpk74 and ammunition
>Shoot the helicopter until it explodes
>Ended up killing all the remaining bandits and soldiers, still hiding in the tall grass

Thank the fuck that tall grasses is a thing.

Is CoC compatible with any other mods?

It is, but the extend to which it can be improved it too crazy imo.
Part of the appeal of the original was that your progression was never really down to dumping money into guns like an RPG.
You found your guns and armor for the most part.
Being able to dump your gun and grab the new shiny one you got from the guy you shot without having to dump money into upgrades and pimping it out was part of the experience.
You were on the same level as any other guy with the same rifle in SoC, but in CoP your gun is better than anything you encounter (of the same weapon type) after a few upgrades.
It felt like an RPG thing where you are the MC and stalker has always been about the very opposite imo (except at the point at which you get exo-skel and nothing can kill you, than you're Dr Freeman).

But the game is actually harder on easier difficulties because enemies take less damage so they just become bullet sponges.

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons

It's compatible with Arsenal Overhaul, STCoP Weapon Pack 2.8.0.7, DoctorX Factions stuff, Item Soup

moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons

I use STCoP and DoctorX myself.

>Play stalker for the first time
>No idea what i'm doing, but it's really fun
>Up and walking at night while it's raining, trying to get to the military checkpoint at the bridge
>Suddenly wierd sounds, everything shaking.
>Oh boy i bet these are those blowout things.
>Run and hide in the granary type building.
>Climb to the top
>It's pitch black
>Suddenly light below me.
>Oh shit, better stay quite
>CYKA BLYAT, bullets everywher
>Oh shit, shoot back with my shit makarov
>Suddenly grenades everywhere.
>Everything explodes.

>32 maps, all the Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky and Cop maps + Lost Alpha maps
Doesn't this shit make it unplayable. The original game stutters regardless of hardware anyway.

Because Red Forest sucks.

they are instanced

Call of Chernobyl sucks.
>play merc
>go to military warehouses
>encounter freedomers
>kill freedomers
>suddenly more freedomers approach
>more freedomers incoming
>even more freedomers
>shit more freedomers
>when will it end fuck more freedomers
>eventually kill last freedomer on map
>mfw I literally killed all freedomers on the map including the leaders just from one encounter

The maps are instanced, as usual. Also, it stutters a lot less than Misery, since it doesn't have billion of scripts running in the background.

I'm convinced to play again. I didn't know they updated it last September.

>i found a bug so the whole mod sucks

>bug
This literally happened with Duty too.

STALKER is nothing but one big bug.

ah yes, the blanket excuse for any bad thing about stalker.

It's pretty much the blanket excuse for the entirety of Eastern Europe.

Didn't see that happening in version 1.4.22. Some can come if they radio in, but not all of them, now.

let it never be forgotten how the menu runs at thousands of FPS and can make your gpu transmute into corium

Are the questlines and faction relations addons already integrated in CoC?
If I add them do I have to start the game fresh?

>not framecapping your game

what the fuck are u doing u nigger.