Kotor thread?

Kotor thread?

Only reason I almost played Force Unleashed 2 was cause of the Sion skin

Sion was the best. I loved the buildup with him at Peragus

convince me not to play Consular yet again

Cause you could run around with a blue and green lightsabers hacking everything as a whirlwind of death instead.

It's a hard sell user, blaster consular is too fun

I do like Sentinel for the skillz though

Is this the biggest example of Obsidian not understanding the source materiel they were working on?

It was so bad they shitcanned the series and eventually repurposed it as a shitty MMO.
They did a clean rip of everything Obsidian to make it work.

>watching the Harbinger swooce right in

Why does ballista have such a shit VA? It kinda worked in the beginning when she was portrayed as an arrogant overconfident Jedi, but later on it's so one-dimensional.

Because Kotor 1 while fun was a fairly 1 dimensional story

I don't I like how she developed.
I wanna make that British bitch gag on me.

>not understanding the source materiel they were working on?

Are you seriously saying that they didn't know what they were doing, at the same time as breaking down the entire setting.

Sawyer read pretty much everything that had been created in the Expanded Universe by that point. He had more of a grip over the setting than George Lucas did.

Yes but my point is specifically that her character has something of a curve during the story yet her VA still sounds bored af even when she turns to the dark side and slaughters her friends with Revan.

>they killed the Jedi Knight series for this

I think user is thinking KOTOR 2 is the garbage MMO

Good news, user, KOTOR 2 exists!

Simple reminder, not being specific of course, to report any and all blatant shitposting

>tfw no game that combines the gameplay mechanics of Jedi Academy with an RPG setting

Whats the best class to play as? kotor

I doubt that

Go light consular while only using dark powers and a blaster

Depends I guess.
You can blaze through the game as a counselor force powering your way through with ease.
But for me the most fun way his either duel sabers or blasters with as many skills for tham as you can get.

Sentinel
Be the skill monkey

Oh yeah I remember her trying to sound evil and it just came off an silly. I should've killed her on my last playthrough

if i go full on darkside, does the jedi temple at dantoiine be different?
talking about kotor 1

Just finished a playthrough in kotor 2 full lightside max influence even turning HK to the light, Kreia didn't even say I failed her. Feels good man

Should I play these games? I generally don't like games that either force you to be an edgy evil faggot or Jesus Christ himself.

Wait you can turn HK good?

why would it? you never go back to dantooine in kotor 1 after the first time

In kotor 2 your mentor will chide you for doing that, but unfortunately you do need to pick a side and follow it to get the most out of the game

>turning HK to the light
This is not possible. You can put the droid pacifist thing in him but it's taken out immediately.

Sometimes I wonder whether this image is sarcastic.

First game is bad about this, but the second game dials it back a little so you can be dark side with being a super edgy cunt. iirc a lot of dark side options result in you being a manipulative asshole for your own gain

i meant how the jedi's are towards me compared to when i go full on lightside.
ie is the dialogue different if i go full on lightside or darkside on taris

>go to nar shadda
>beggar begs for money
>option 1: of course here can I do anything else to help you
>option 2: fuck off before I muder you and rape the corpse

I hate this image. Not everything has to be a crazy well written deconstruction. Kotor 1 is just a general space adventure and it isn't trying to be anything else.

And the funny thing is that, while it's definitely better written than the first game, kotor 2 isn't exactly an example of amazing writing either.

They're both fine.
They both suit the specific mood and atmosphere of their respective games

Kotor 2 is Pink Floyd's The Wall, and 1 is Dark Side of the Moon.

Fucking think about it.

Why do you guys like games a fucking coma patient could beat? You will never, ever have to reload your last save. Even on Hard.

Only reason to play is

>"Muhhh Star Wars."

>Both of them are made perfectly clear they're a bad choice and you get chided for doing either

First time playthrough of KotOR 1 here:

Why is sneak attack so fucking overpowered? I'm a Scoundrel/Guardian with Bastila and Jolee in my crew and after initially getting my shit kicked in by Tusken Raiders. I now destroy people.

I almost one shotted Chundaar on Kashyyk.

And now I'm onto Manaan.

Also is there a proper order for the planets? I just did Tatooine to Kashyyk to Manaan and then I think I'll do Korriban next.

That's my favorite order actually.
People hate Manaan but I loved it.

shit, that sounds retarded.
i mean is there a difference how the jedi's treat me depending on my light/darkside points.

I'm actually playing Kotor 2 for myself the very first time right now.

I liked this moment, because I kreia immediately voiced my thoughts.

Everything is overpowered.

Good luck having fun. Only Star Wars babbies like the Knights games.

>Also is there a proper order for the planets

Well, there is no such thing as a canon order or anything. However there is a story twist after you've done 3 of the 4 planets which afects a couple of things on Korriban or Kashyyk if you chose to either one of those last.

>implying there's actually hard games

You're meaning, if they have some sort of differing reaction to your character based on your morality points?

No idea, but it pains me to see you struggle to articulate yourself user.

>Daily reminder that there will never be a KOTOR 3

thanks Bioware

Nigger, you're stupid.

Difficult games are a dime a dozen. Besides, I'm not asking for crushing difficulty.

All I want when I play a fucking RPG is some modicum of challenge. Both Knights games have no difficulty whatsoever. All you do is win, win, win. Nothing puts up a fight.

Play Jedi Academy on Jedi master setting.

What changes on Kashyyyk?

i'm sleepy as fuck and can't seem to concentrate on anything
give me 5 example of "difficult games"

Stop giving (You)s

not him but with enough influence you can turn him light sided, doesn't actually change his personality as far as I know

Should I skip kotor 1? It seems so boring

>Some say that to this day, the spirit of the dark lord Revan is still searching for his missing pants.

i generally save korriban for last, but every order works desu, although Manaan and Kashyyk are annoying imo

I understand your sentiment. Being generic or simple isn't inherently a bad thing. However, KotOR isn't the example I'd use to argue that.

KotOR is just plain stale and boring. It's not that it didn't try to be something a little more creative and ambitious like KotOR II, it just didn't execute its ideas well at all. Aside from Jolee and the epic tweest, there's really nothing memorable at all from the game.

A bunch of shit in 2 wont seem as important to you but otherwise its fine

HK's "side" level never changes

You remember having to answer questions to the machine to gain access to the star map? After the twist you don't have to answer and instead gain instant access to it.

You're ignoring my point.

I don't want the Knights games to be extremely difficult. All I'm asking for when I play a fucking RPG is some modicum of challenge. Both games are broken easy. Using the Dungeons & Dragons rules was a fucking mistake.

You're overpowered in no time.

Is Mass Effect a passable experience if I just want moar of a similar type of game? I remember the first game came out when I was in high school, I played in on someone else's 360 for about an hour or so. Will I be getting something overly consolized like Invisible War?

she has the most annoyingly fake accent though

How did Calo Nord survive the sith bombardment?

you dont have to play it at all.

just read the plot synopsis i guess but i didnt even do that and still think kotor 2 makes my dick hard

Mostly cause
one

he is a clone

he was much too Calous to be hurt

This isn't true at all.

I pay no mind to what would be effective and just pick what I think looks cool. I die sometimes. Usually when I run into an actual problem, the more of a problem it is. But the further I get into the game the rarer these moments are.

Basically, you're saying grey is black and you're fucking stupid, but you've got half a point to make. The game is overall too easy.

Next time try saying that instead of laying down absolutes you fucking autist. smdh

Devil May Cry 3
Your first Souls Game (bloodborne counts)
Fighting games in general

as for RPG's that are difficult I don't know. Dragon Age: Origins was good. Darkest Dungeons is good.

People will give you shit, but it's really not worth it. If anything, it's worth playing to see just how much Obsidian improved the characters that return in KotOR II.

I'd warn you though that you can't really go back to play KotOR after having played KotOR II, for a variety of reasons. So if you think you might ever want to play it, you should do so now.

Play Jade Empire.

I cannot fucking believe you actually died playing Knights of the Old Republic.

What does the Game Over screen look like? I beat both games on Hard and never saw that shit.

Early game you can die easily, for instance if you rush into the Arena unprepared some of the opponents are tough.

>every time I play I don't skip Peragus
>constantly hear how much everyone hates Peragus and you should use the skip Peragus mod
>re-install it a few days ago
>try out the mod
>by the time I leave Telos I'm stuck in the Ebon Hawk
>turns out it was the Peragus mod that does this
>had to restart without the mod

That's what I get for listening to people on the internet I guess.

I would say Kotor 2 is Meddle while Kotor 1 is The Wall

Best planets?

Korriban>Kashyyyk> Tatooine>Manaan

i'd rather skip 2, game was buggy, tons of skills but none were useful in any way, shit npc's apart from hk who was obviously in 1 as well.
kreia was god awful
>inb4 muh depth
yeah, the game wasn't any deeper

Manaan and Tatooine just needed fucking transport to lessen the lengthy walking from one side to the other over and over.

>not playing Peragus
>not playing the most kino introduction to an RPG

Fuck skipping Peragus.
Peragus is awesome. I wanna skip Telos

Mass Effect is amazing and is genuinely one of my favorite games of all time. Way better than KotOR.

Just don't play 2 or 3.

I don't really remember. I just remember getting dicked over a few times because I never saved.

I can't deny you don't have a point.

I died a few times on these. One of the weird monsters on kashyyk also got me.

Then there's the two things you have to fight on the sith planet. When you get separated from your party. That was probably the hardest in the whole game since my dude was more or less defensively crippled and all offense.

I suppose if you play the way I do (rule of cool, fuck stats) on hard mode, you'd have an overall challenging game.

I didn't like how you can get banned from coming back to Manaan.

Just reinstalled this whats the most OP builds?

>Just don't play 2 or 3.
You know I won't be able to. I suffered through all of Invisible War even if it was shit.

Force storm
Force storm everything

Peragus had a great atmosphere. I don't get why people hate it.

It could only happen after you'd finished the main quest on the planet but I have to wonder, does it block you from doing the genoharadan quests?

>Kino

Don't do that user. Don't lower yourself to Sup Forums standards.

I honestly don't understand all the hate for it, slap in the "Darker Peragus" mod and you've got a damn fine set up for the rest of the game.

>Nihilus has a face under the mask
What did Obsidian mean by this

>Then there's the two things you have to fight on the sith planet
The Terentateks? You can put down a zillion mines, or just avoid them, open the door with the lever and shoot them from the other room where they can't get it.

Yeah, if you're some kind of pussy who's looking for an easy way out instead of a challenge.

You can cheese ANY video game user. I mean, you're right, the player shouldn't be ABLE to do that, but just because you have access to the most effective method doesn't mean it's going to be the most enjoyable method. Since I was playing a dual lightsaber guy, I killed them with my dual lightsabers. I see these games as ultimately flawed sandbox rpg's more than anything.

It's true that if this game was something less interesting than star wars I probably wouldn't care at all. If this was a normal medieval setting and Jedi was replaced with Wizard, it would be hot steaming garbage.

I like to do Korriban last because it's sort of funny after the twist comes out.

It's not like you'll have a better use for those mines anyway.

You mean other than cheaping myself out of what was one of the most memorable parts of the game for me? I felt like I actually did something when my darkside twink came out victorious

i just want kotor 3 with some actual end game, some difficulty, a proper loot system no randomness, and dragon age origin's topdown camera

Canon reboot when

Komad Fortuna thaught you a valuable lesson when he rekt the krayt dragon with a shitton of mines.