Did you side with the true king of Orzammar?

Did you side with the true king of Orzammar?

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Possible_Landsmeet_Outcomes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, but not on my dwarf noble playthrough though

>Playing dwarf noble over based Casteless
>Not going from nobody to becoming a living paragon who is sworn brothers to the king

Nah he's a nazi

It's either him or someone who leads the dwarfs to extinction and civil war.

Duh. My Warden knows that a non-isolationist is more likely to help both with the current blight and any future surface Darkspawn problems.

>There are people who actually supported Harrowmount
Dude is a fucking pussy Zevran was right too call him out at the very start of Orzammar/

But even the public hates him. I'll rather support someone nice who will ruin everything than that asshole

>But even the public hates him
That's 100% false literally the only people who hate him are nobles who don't want to lose their rights and Traditions. Bhelen literally leads the dwarves into the golden age if you side with him as a dwarf and bring human soldiers back to retake the deep roads.

i cant unsee him or oghren as just being dwarf alistair with a beard due to the same hairstyle

Yes. He was a murderous dickhead, but he was a socially progressive and militarily pragmatic murderous dickhead.

Granted, I never played the dwarf noble path.

>Oghren anything like Alister
Those are fighting words mate.

>giving a single fuck what a bunch of dirt niggers do to each other

They're so busy infighting and inbreeding that it'd just be a big favor to the world to dump concrete on their front door and keep them sealed in forever

Dwarfs are the only reason Darkspawn aren't on the surface 24/7 though you need them.

>had to destroy the anvil because Shale was one of my companions

Fucking bullshit

>wanting the anvil
Fucking why

>not wanting the anvil
Fucking golems man

Golems where shit in the final fight on top of being a hige dick choice in game just presude the legion and they will murder everything.

I actually did, but as a kid, I didn't quite get all the crazy shit he did in Orzammar.

The consequences for helping him take the throne at the end of the game are a lot better than the other guy's, though.

When the Darkspawn aren't on a Blight, they spend all their time digging, killing each other and killing Dwarves

Without the Dwarves, they'd still be digging and killing each other

Bhelen actually opens up Orzammar's doors to outsiders and there's more trading and relations.

As for Horrowmount, he keeps Orzammar shut up and keeps it as its always been.

Oh, and Bhelen gets rid of the caste system.

Bhelen may be a dick, but he makes good choices after his election.

No the darkspawn have thoughts and shit just very dumb basic ones did you play Awakening? The legion is the ones who keep them busy 99.99% of the time.

Maybe I was retarded as a teenager but Id don't recall being given any legit information until after I had chosen the king

If I remember correctly, the Darkspawn dig like crazy in order to heed the call of an Archdemon, and the dwarves go fiht Darkspawn because they literally have the testicles of golems.

Metaphorically speaking.

>Bhelen gets rid of the caste system
He just offers the Casteless the ability to earn citizenship by fighting in the army. It's still considered sacrilege by the Warrior caste but it isn't as drastic as abolishing the whole system

You don't get any legitment information unless you play both dwarf stories and figure shit out for yourself.
he flat out Abolishes it and the council after failed assassination attempts.

That was actually the case unless you played dwarf. The game gives very little information about their plans

PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE THE OBJECTIVE BEST CHOICES:

- Persuade Zathrian to willingly lift the werewolf curse himself
- Prevent the Rite of Annulment on the Circle Tower in order to gain the assistance of the mages
- Call on the Circle mages for assistance in exorcising Connor so that no-one needs to die unnecessarily
- Kill the high dragon which guards the Urn of Sacred Ashes but leave the Urn untainted
- Destroy the Anvil and declare Bhelen King of Orzammar, as Harrowmont's isolationism would make it more difficult to get their assistance with future blights
- Keep Loghain alive

All of the other major choices are debatable, but these are the instances where there is an objective best choice.

The only things you could see, in order to decide on a king, were the actions of Horrowmount and Bhelen.

Bhelen is Trump on steroids, while Horrowmount isn't.

But Bhelen ends up being the only good choice at the end of the day.

On my second playthrough of Origins, I chose Horrowmount because of how crazy Bhelen is, but the epilogue for Orzammar is shit if you choose Horrowmount.

>Keep Loghain alive
Only if you hardened Alistair and make him King with Queen Peasant

>- Kill the high dragon which guards the Urn of Sacred Ashes but leave the Urn untainted
This choice literally doesn't matter I just replayed it a few times recently if you dont kill the dragon they never get past him if you do kill the ashes the ashes are gone by the time the chantry get there its fucking pointless.

Always ever since I decided to side with that old retard first. Bhelen is an ass but Orzammar needs changes and he can make it true.
To be fair, to completely demolish the caste system at once would get him overthrown quickly. That's a good step to the right diction.

>Letting this backstabbing fratricide get away with it
No, I fucked him up and made sure Harrowmont would leave his legacy to me

>Made a royal knight to romace the queen recently
>Find out in awakening thanks to loghain you don't even get to fuck Anora and she has no thoughts of having a heir with you
I'm still mad why can't I just live a happy peaceful life with best girl Wynn after the blight.

>Prevent the Rite of Annulment
Nice try magicuck

>not keeping Alistair for yourself

These are the choices I made, literally, on my first playthrough.

Fucking sucks that the game forces Alistair out of the picture after letting Loghain aka "He's not so bad"" Man live.

>not letting him get away with it
House Aeducan was founded by a backstabbing asshole, who incidentally saved the Dwarven race

>- Keep Loghain alive
You had me up until the very end, you bastard.

Loghain was tragic, but he was also too far gone from any sane point of view. He and his underlings had committed more crimes than the entirety of Orlais combined against the people of Ferelden by the time you got to the landsmeet. And that's before you factor in the whole "allowing a Blight to savage the lands unopposed while focusing on oppressing and murdering his own people" thing.

Honor the man he was but he's the fucking villain now and he needs to go.

Then you fucked up because the best ending for the mountain is the Ashes becoming a major pilgrimage site

I'll save them myself

If you don't suck and use Alister through out the game and talk to him right you can harden him too the point he'll stay Loghain can become a warden and he will marry Anora and become king., as for Loghain what he did doesn't matter to the grey wardens they are what they are they only care about one thing killing darkspawn fuck everything else.

>Implying anything he does matter to the grey wardens
They recruit the worst fucking criminals and blood mages you can offer if they are strong.

>Keep Loghain alive
After 5 years since my last play, I'm finally buying a legit copy of Dragon Ages Origin Ultimate and playing it right now.

Fuck, after all those years, my rage for Loghain's coward still there.

Fuck Loghain and whoever let him take away the honour of killing Arc Demon.

>but he was also too far gone

Funny you should say that, because coming back from the brink is exactly what becoming a Warden does to him. he becomes a dependable and honorable warden should he survive the landsmeet.

>Not letting loghain kill himself by killing the Arch demon
Do you even redemption faggot?

Silly user, Morrigan and my kid took care of that for me.

You're right that he does. But it was also well beyond hope to think that would actually happen. He had gone full demented raving and wildly swinging his sword at shadows by the time you could make him a warden. It's kind of hard to justify letting him live at that point.

You lying apostate.

Show me a video where this happens.

I tried letting Loghain live with a hardened Alistair and he still disapproves on the idea of letting him live.

It seems like letting Loghain live is a canon choice, though, since he haves all the shenanigans that comes with a companion, such as giving him gifts (maps) and getting him to like you.

It was a good feel when Loghain told me he was glad he was following me. And when he meets me again in Awakening and gives me a magic infused axe with flames...bruh.

>People have standards in their grey wardens
Shit niggers did you even pay attention to the game and its dlc? Fuck Duncan flat out murders a man too sleep the joining a secret.

>wasting talent on killing one demon when you can pack its soul off into some brat
He can redeem himself killing the unrelenting hordes of Darkspawn for the rest of his life

What happens with Loghain post-joining is less coming back from the brink and more "being winched back up the face of the cliff."

Can't blame people for thinking someone that crazy and evil wasn't going to magically turn good with a little darkspawn jizz in em.

Third on the list

dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Possible_Landsmeet_Outcomes

I let him do it so ferldan can truly remember him as a hero.

If the game wanted us to be Grey, it wouldn't give us a lot of freedom.

Fuck the Grey Warden rules.

>want to be a selfish in this moment I am euphoric superior being uninterested in the common trifles of lesser minds
>end up siding with the nice guys and innocents anyway no matter how fucking dumb they are
I just want to play a game where choosing to not help some retard doesn't change the fate of that world dramatically, and surprise all the good guys are retarded every time

This was meant for you dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Possible_Landsmeet_Outcomes

Did you not let anyone else join in awakening then?

I did all of those, but ended up killing Loghain in the end, because I hadn't hardened Alistair.

He was my bro throughout the whole game, and I didn't know that one harsh dialogue option early on was what it would take to have him agree that making Loghain into a grey warden might be tactically sound.

>tfw thought about hardening Alistair on current playthrough
>instead made him completely dependent on me

Whoops. At least it fits considering that my character is manipulative bitch

Nope a chance, I do it in one playthrough but after the ending, saw Loghain statue in Denerim for killing Arc Demon I delete the save right away.

Loghain is a coward, his name will forever remain like that in the Ferelden

I did, and boy was the game making it a breeze to recruit people.

Awakening was like Dragon Age 2 beta, in a way.

Alistair never agrees with sparing Loghain, you can just get him to suck it up and be King

>Loghain is a coward,
You can call him many names but coward is not one of them. He was right if he entered that battle in ostagar everything would of been lost, everything he did after that was fucked up shit

Loghain only did what he thought was right for everyone.

Had he aided the Grey Wardens at the battle of Ostagar, EVERYONE would have died. The King literally was manipulated by the idea that there was no Blight and defeating the Darkspawn would be a breeze.

>tfw having Sten lead the army defending the city gates at the final battle

>Not having him with you and Shale man the gate

I stopped playing after how terrible the Fade & Deep Roads were, did I miss out on good stuff?

I will never understand this meme the fade takes like a fucking hour to grab all the stats and everything, deep roads can be bullshit though.

>having Sten rescue you from the fort

I felt like playing more Dragon Age after my recent playthrough, but I wasn't going to play DA2, so I played Inquisition and holy shit was that a mistake.

>Doing the fort
>Zevran and Wynn show up
>They can smooth talk their way all the way too you
i never laughed so fucking hard in my life.

Just play origins and Awakening again make a diffent build I've beat it on a arcane warrior templar and duel weild berserker recently.

Still better than ending up a wandering drunk.

Though I liked the tragic ambiguity of his epilogue slide.
>"A haggard, drunken man was seen in a tavern in Starkhaven, bitterly claiming to have once been a Grey Warden and prince... but drunken men are not so rare.”

I just play Origins/Awakening and pretend sequels never happened.

Playing as anything other than a Mage feels like a waste though, it has the most boring origin but holy shit being a mage is great.

DA2 isnt that bad, play it once at least

Zevran and Oghren's prison break might be my favorite combination.

>did I miss out on good stuff?
Yes. Like said you can basically speedrun it once you know what to do (or just download a mod that skips the whole thing)
>Deep Roads
I liked the Deep Roads, it felt like I was playing a rougelike.

Nigger what my two handed templar/berserker htis 140 auto attacks and 380+ mighty smashes and CCs the fuck out of mages try out different shit you can break the game pretty easily.

I've already played through it once. I'm not going through that again.

Played Kotor 1, and I can tell that what Bioware did with the prsion break was actually in Kotor as well.

My favorite moment in Dragon Age is when you spare Loghain, and then don't let him sacrifice himself. That's a great scene

>Both Oghren and Zevran hit on wynn 24/7
I still don't understand

It's the only good choice.

I think Duncan would have gone along with the idea, had he been alive.

What's best, user, Dwarf Noble or Human Noble?

Dwarf Noble, Elf Commoner

Two handed Human Warrior is Canon warden

>not wanting to fuck a gmilf with the body of a 20 year old

Oghren's old and on the rebound and Zevran hits on everyone.

Yes, the battle of Ostagar will be lost but Loghain knew it all the long.

He has a chance to stop it at the council meeting or even withdraw his army before the battle but nope, let's fuck the Grey Wardens in the ass. King die and I lead the army against Darkspawn, be a hero one more.

If he gonna retreat, do it before everyone are counting on him.

Sometimes, you have to lose to be able to win, one step backwards, three step forward.

If the battle of Ostagar meant to be lost, so it is but maybe after that, lords of Ferelden will make more commit to the war against the Blight.

But not with the death of the king and a veteran Grey Wardens.

>keep Loghain alive

Nope.

Exactly what does he add that Alistair doesn't?

Duncan used to have ideas like that *sob*

>still no options even with mods to just send Loghain to the legion of the dead

Its the perfect fate for him.

Is Inquisition worth at least a once over?
All I get are mixed answers about the game.

Dwarf Noble is one of the best written origins and it gives you a really good reason to give a shit about Dwarf Politics when no other origin really does (except Dwarf commoner kind of) but Human noble is definitely the most "expected" origin as far as the rest of the story goes and a bunch of people will know who you are before you meet them moreso than any other origin.

Origin quality
Dwarf Noble
City Elf
Human Noble
Dwarf Commoner
Circle mage
Dalish elf

Overall plot relevance
Human noble (significantly effects several areas of the game)
POWER GAP (significantly effects one area of the game)
Dwarf Noble
Circle mage
POWER GAP (Somewhat effects one area of the game)
City elf/dwarf commoner
POWER GAP (barely relevant to the rest of the game)
Dalish elf

Loghain tried many times to convince the King that defeating the Darkspawn was not going to be a walk in the park, and suggested alternatives.

But the King was all "What are you all droopy for Loghain, be happy! I can't wait to be told in legends where we stopped the Darkspawn."

The King sent everyone to their death, reinforcement or no, in Ostagar,

He becomes a commander of the Grey Wardens and starts recruiting new people to the cause.

And he pays you a visit in Awakening, being all buddy-buddy, and gives you an awesome flaming axe.

Also certain origins slightly favor gender for their plots, like the nobles a favor males and city elf and I would argue circle mage (so you can make Templar Cullen spill his spaghetti) favor females.

Then get the fuck out of the battle of Ostagar?

Don't "Yes, I will do it my king" but then "Nope, I'm out of here"

See?

Would you rather Loghain feed his reinforcements over to the Darkspawn?

Loghain tried many times to convince the King it was wrong to execute a battle.

>commander of the Grey Wardens
Considering that he killed every single Grey Warden in the country but you and Alistair, not like he had much competition.