How many times did you have to get your Xbox 360 repaired/replaced, Sup Forums?

How many times did you have to get your Xbox 360 repaired/replaced, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Playstation-3-PS3-Reballing-repair-service-One-year-warranty-RoHS-standard-/291290818089?hash=item43d2492629:g:T5MAAOSwQiRUohan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sent it in twice before it went kaput.

Zero, mine lasted 9 full years before I switched to next gen

only once

because i got console banned for mod chipping

Had one for 7 years, and only once did I have it break. Got the RRoD, took it to Game, they replaced it with a new model free of charge, I went home and continued playing. All in the space of a day. I always felt that people overstated how much of an issue the RRoD was.

had the halo 3 edition and it lasted a solid 8 years

I'm the repair man. Microsoft made me a lot of money. Still a shit console though. I have like 3 of these things sitting in the closet.

0 times.
It red ringed. I threw it in the garbage and then bought a Ps3.

Zero. Never purchased one.

I owned mine for a year and sold it so I can buy a PS3. I regretted it afterward.

Original one had a E74 error, and at that time their warranty didn't cover that, so we had to force it to overheat and go red ring by wrapping it in blankets and leaving it on for a few hours.
MS replaced it and the refurbished one has been working for almost 7 years with no problem.

can only speak for myself, but mine died twice, was then replaced by Microsoft, and than that one died twice as well.

kinda surprised that everyone seems to be saying their console was fine.

Still have my original one that was 200 something gigabytes. Never needed to do anything for it, still works, just fucking loud. I think they all are though so whatever.

None, because I bought a console that works.

I got my ps3 repaired once.
>tfw by 2020 backwards compatible ps3s will literally not exist because they're not built to last

They never sent yours back just another refurb.

You got banned IRL from playing their consoles?

Did they even make original 360s that had 250 GB hard drives? I remember it was a big deal when the Elite came with 120.

Whats the most durable console, no matter the capabilities of it? Like what could survive the Apocalypse and still be played after in Megaton by NEETS?

Never happened for me, but this gigantic fucking behemoth died one day for no reason, and wouldn't play anything but PS2 games. The PS3 games it did play would glitch the fuck out and have the textures go wild. It was like the first year it came out.

Never had one, my cousin's 360 red ringed 3 times

>>tfw by 2020 backwards compatible ps3s will literally not exist because they're not built to last

Y-yeah, it's so sad... Oh my go-
ebay.com/itm/Playstation-3-PS3-Reballing-repair-service-One-year-warranty-RoHS-standard-/291290818089?hash=item43d2492629:g:T5MAAOSwQiRUohan

0. The old bastard is still running. The disc tray gets stuck sometimes, but that's it.

Five times.

Find an original fat PS3 that hasn't yellow lighted by now. They are doomed to die just as much as the launch model 360s.

Yeah, it's funny, because when they yellow light you just replace the thermal paste and they work fine.

So hard to do, though, it costs 30 dollars from a repair tech... Fuck...

Atari 2600s. You basically have to intentionally destroy one to make it stop working.

PS3 fat owner here.
Still running.
My fat 360 is also still running, the disc tray has some problems sometimes but that's it.

The issue was more with machines were out of the warranty period RRoDing. Of course its not so bad if you could still take it back to the store.

2 times, repaired under warranty.
Would have died again, if I actually used it anymore.

This is actually kind of a trick. They replaced the screen because it melted.

>tfw talking to Indian customer service reps to get a repair going
>cant understand shit they're saying because of the accent
>just hang up and try again with a new Indian

Don't think that's going to fix CPU failure famalam.

The actual CPU doesn't fail.

If the CPU fails he can get one from a busted PS3 and replace it.

What's your point, famamongoloid?

Once, got my 360 late so the refurbished one I got was part of a new batch

Still use it to play JSRF

I bought mine in 2007 and never had to replace it

Once. While it was in the mail I bought one at Walmart and returned it when mine came back. Was like I never even got the RROD.

One of my 360s died right after christmas, which was a pretty big bummer

None, I bought it in 2009 and used it daily until 2014.

I needed to use a paper clip to open the disc tray every time I wanted to switch games after about a year and a half, though.

Returned twice to Microsoft. Bought 2 new ones after the previous ones broke. then finally bought a launch slim and it hasn't broken since.

Had a launch 360. It RRoD'd 4 times before the PS3 had a good price drop. Then I went PS3.

The CPUs from other models don't work with the backwards compatible ones' motherboard.
Why is it called CPU failure then?

>wouldn't play anything but PS2 games

But user...

Probably because the transparent plastic cover was melted to the LCD rather than because it was broken. As you can see it's missing the cover.

Bought one used from gamestop for $100 2 years ago and it still works after probably 1000 hours of gameplay.

None. The only time I had the red segments was when the a/v cords had been accidentally knocked loose.
I was only 14 or 15 so I shit myself thinking it was bricked.

I had one RRoD that I couldn't fix, one console my brother borrowed because his got hit by lightning and one that got stolen out of my house.

Still paid less than the value of one for all three, though. Plus, two were hacked and came with games. Whatever.

protip - if you demand to speak to an English speaking (or whatever your native language is) person and refuse to deal with a Poo In The Loo, you will get transferred to a local call center.

... then it went back to normal and I felt like the Mutheruckin pres of da USA

I lied and said my console RRoD'd so I could get an HDMI model. Actually got a brand new one too.

Never had a 360, but my brother had to get his replaced 3 or 4 times.

9 times before I gave up with that shit and bought a ps3.
Then that got the yellow light of death after 6 months which really triggered my autism and resorted to playing my Wii and waiting out that gen of lights.

Even Mt Wii ended up dying of some weird green block issue

mine was modded to play pirated games, so nope, never

Bought an Xbox 360 elite, then eventually when it started to age and struggle to read discs, bought the "xbox 360 S"
Neither ever red ringed.

twice, after 360 never again
Same for nintendo after Wii U never again

Repaired it myself one time never had another issue until I was gifted a black elite

1.5+1

Bought a broken 360, sent it to get repaired, then it died later on and had to send it away again.

Also bought another broken 360 for $1 and had it repaired locally to give to a friend.

I did the x-clamp fix which consist of replacing the shitty heatsink fixation with bolts. It's been 6 years since and it works fine and also rgh'd.

Did you keep them locked in a cabinet while you played? after a while you had to realize the problem was you right

Twice. I tried to repair it myself by reapplying thermal paste but it didnt' do shit.

I've had the same arcade 360 for 8 years now

Was your "repair" wrapping it in a towel?

Bought the S Model in 2010 and it's still immaculate.

Never. Only had one for like 4 years though (now it's gathering dust).

Bought a friend's 360 from him a few years back for $50 because I wanted to play Ninja Gaiden Black and Dead Rising.

It red ring'd a couple of years ago and last winter I decided to fix it by replacing thermal paste.

Fucked it up even worse. Finally decided to trash it like a month ago.

I wish I could play NGB, though. I didn't get to finish it before the fucking 360 died and I fucking loved NGB.

Buy another PS3 and you'll be set for at least another decade, and perhaps for the rest of your life.

PS3 is a lot cheaper now, so why not?

You missed the "backwards compatible" part.
They haven't been made since, I don't know 2009?

>Bought one at release
>Only had to replace the power brick once

I did it once and then when it started showing signs of crapping out again I sold it to Gamestop and bought a brand new Sony Playstation 3.

60gb launch ps3 with ps2 hardware backwards compatibility here still running strong

Once but it took a long time, 5 years. Compared to some that was a long ass time.

After that I was so pissed I got a ps3 out of spite but the only good game was God of War 3 so I guess I fucked up twice.

After that, no more consoles.

Its not overstated. It was a major fuckup for Microsoft. A console that didn't work for a lot of people. It won't be a collectible machine at all.

Once. It was by the time the slim came out too so I bought one just so I could play Bayonetta again.

Meanwhile my 15+ year old ps2 and xbox world perfectly after so much use. They really don't make 'em like they used to.

You're going to run out of options at this rate.

>Got the RRoD, took it to Game, they replaced it with a new model free of charge,
So did you get all your save data back?

3 fucking times, I didn't even hit the thing but I should have, piece of junk.

Once.

Zero, I sold it to my neighbor's kid when it RRoDed for 50 bucks.
I only had it a year.

None. I got the red ring 3 time, and all those time I slap that bitch back into order.actually lightly tap it to the side, it amazing when some random YouTube video tip actually work

Bought my white fatty back in 2007. A month in, it red rings while I was playing Vigilante 8. MS sends me a coffin. A week later, my 360 is sent back to me. It's mine and not another one.

They had clamped the boards together. Has run solidly to this day. I've got some "good" delisted stuff on the HDD.

Once back in 2009 ,thing is something interally has broken where I can't connect to XBL with it. So I'm just biding time until I get an Xbox One. Though I really would like to get a new 360 or even getting it fixed.

is it still worth owning a 360?

PC and Ps4 is good for now. Plus I hacked my 3ds and WiiU, if the Switch becomes hackable, then I'll buy it at price drop and hack it.

>Bought my white fatty back in 2007. A month in, it red rings while I was playing Vigilante 8. MS sends me a coffin. A week later, my 360 is sent back to me. It's mine and not another one.

NIPPLE NIPPLE NIPPLE I SE A NIPPLE REPORTED REPORTED REPORTED REPORTED

Only the mandatory 1

syncing controllers takes at least 5-10 minutes worth of attempts in recent years, however.

once because dvd drive was fucking up and scratching discs. had mine since april 2008.

only once, maybe because I had to plug it into a transformer to turn the 110v to 220v

oh I thought it said how many you had, never had it RROD on me since I bought back in 2009

Once.

Sent it in and got a replacement. When the replacement failed, I just left it broken. My cousin ended up buying a new elite and it's still going strong. He has bought 6 360's (4 breaks, two upgrades), and two Xbox Ones (original and S). Spent a ton of money on controllers though, since it seems like the sticks would only last a year or two before they started getting a bad drift to the analog sticks. Dunno how many fucking controllers he's gone though.

Then he has the audacity to tell me how much more expensive PC gaming is than console gaming.

Had a brand new Xbox Elite. I got it from an uncle still in box for cheap, so I thought why not.

It broke after 6 months, so I sent it in. Broke a second time then sent it in 4 months later. Broke a third time shortly after and said "Fuck it, everybody was right when they said their xbox constantly broke down". At that point I just thought I'd open it and fuck around with the insides.

Now its guts hang from my wall.

One bricked. Played backups for 3years 0 fucks give,.
Another one rrod within 10minutes

Why are you even in this thread than?

Fucking Sonyggers are insufferable fuck heads.
Do you seriously have to shit all over every single thread?
You have to announce your presence like fucking vegans.

Never, mine lasted around 6 years.

Never

I had a launch 360 that got stolen 4 years later by some niggers who eventually got caught and died in jail, thankfully. Waited a bit for the MW2 bundle afterwards and got that, hasn't failed me yet. Best console last gen and glad MS is making a lot of its library BC on the xbone

>he doesn't have the magic touch
My ps3 was shutting down due to overheating. I opened it up completely then put it back together without doing anything.
Now it works.

I never purchased one either pussy, gonna assume I'm a sony nigger as well consolefag?