Reminder that Haythem did literally nothing wrong and the assassins are a bunch of terrorists that work with thieves...

Reminder that Haythem did literally nothing wrong and the assassins are a bunch of terrorists that work with thieves, prostitutes, and smugglers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Even if he did a few things wrongs he was clearly better than Connor who was an aimless piece of shit.

reminder to stop reminding me

I liked his fighting stance more than Connor's.

I wish he'd be playable end game, I prefer his assassinations over Connor's

This, so much. Connor was a massive disappointment and did not deserve to be the main protagonist of the game that followed AC2. I could quite happily have played as Haythumb for an entire game; I think playing a whole game from the Templar's POV would have been good for the story, especially after the glorious second game.

>defended a literal autistic psycho like james lee or whatever the fuck his name was in a very autistic manner

To be fair he only acted like an autistic psycho when his back was turned, I'm sure things would've turned out different if Haythem was there to see him choke out a 6 year old connor.
From his point of view Lee was a loyal and honorable templar

Certainly made Rogue the best.

rogue was trash, the assassins were made uncharacteristically retarded which made fighting against them feel cheap as shit

I fucking hate this meme

His father way cooler and he got killed off by a couple of random goons in his house. I know he became all rich and decadent but he was still a badass.

>Assassins
>uncharacteristically retarded
How were they at all different to the other games?
It showed them for what they are.

Grow some better taste, then?

Haytham didn't want to be all of AC3's protag, that's what he did wrong.

>ITT: Another Connor sucks circlejerk even though the OP didn't even mention him

Can you fuck off? Shit, you're like PC fanboys who have to inject themselves into every Playstation thread.

>hire thugs to terrorize innocent people in this game
>when in every other game they have been the robin hoods and the ones trying to protect people from the authoritarian templars

>every single main assassin is fucking retarded and none of them listen to you
>every other assassin in any other game has been fairly open and listens to the main character

>assassins in this game are literal retards
>assassins in other games are cunning, hide and dont let them know theyre assassins until the end, feel dangerous

rogue was fucking garbage, half baked ac4 with a worse protag, worse villains, worse map, worse story, and no pirates

It's really hard to imagine Ezio's bros or even Ezio himself being like "Oh wow, there were multiple earthquakes with thousands and thousands of deaths and they occurred when we removed the artifacts? Better get another one. Oh again? Well fuck you, we will get another one!"

Achilles is semi-excused because he went through a lot of suffering and was distracted. None of the others have any excuse for being this retarded.

>The weapon clipping in Black Flag
This triggers me so fucking much. Why did they decide to give him dual weapons when it looks like shit?

Did they ever explain why Haythem was so tan? People treat him like he's white ingame so I'm confused if he's just really tan or something else

you first
Rogue's got nothing on AC2, Black Flag or Brotherhood. It's a decent entry that is overrated so fucking hard on this board.

>every single main assassin is fucking retarded and none of them listen to you
Consistent. Hell, that's the entire point of AC1.
>assassins in other games are cunning, hide and dont let them know theyre assassins until the end, feel dangerous
Except Ezio, Altair, Arno, and most certainly Connor (not sure about Syndicate) who were known to the antagonists.
>worse protag
>worse story
I liked Edward, but he was just a pirate who didn't want to go along for the ride except for treasure and occasionally the promise of a half-baked island nation. Shay was fleshed out and had proper motivation.
>worse map
Subjective, but whatever. I preferred Rogue actually having shit in it.
>and no pirates
Okay?

>It's really hard to imagine Ezio's bros or even Ezio himself
Is it? Ezio would do it if it meant screwing over the Borgia/Templars. And Al Mualim would of course do it.
But mostly it's in character because the Assassins have no motivation beyond hating Templars for whatever reason.

He did spend a lot of time at sea. But yea, weird, since Edward and his mother were white.

>Rogue's got nothing on AC2
I do prefer 2/Brotherhood because of nostalgia, but it's a superior version of Black Flag. Unless you're addicted to stalking missions, i guess.

AC3 is underrated. I felt the like it's story and character(minus everything Desmond related) had more depth to them and you could really see what they were going to through. Like Connor actually wanted to use his relationship with his father to build a truce between the Assassinas and Templars. Or Haytham caring about Connor even though he was against him.

But the assassins just wanted to have the artifacts before the templars got them. They thought they would be like the apple of eden. And even after the 3rd of even 4th earthquake they still didn't learn, Achilles had to see it in person.

Will we ever get an Assassins Creed where you can actually choose Templar or Assassin? I would rather be the Templars for a change.

every assassin in ac2 doesnt let you or anyone else know theyre assassins until the end of the game moron, ezio is not an assassin until then

>shay was fleshed out
no, he was extremely one dimensional in his crusade against the assassins, that was his whole character

ezio would not hurt innocent people if it meant screwing over the borgia, in ac brotherhood he makes a point of evaccing the citizens

the assassins motivation is liberation or freedom of the masses or whatever

you are really dumb arent you

Someone at ubisoft is pushing back against radical left politics. Between Haythem and character stuff in The Division i'm 100% sure of it

>Finally get Templar armor
>Doesn't even look that good
>Edward wearing a Cross
Well that was a waste of time.

>The Division
What, did i miss something from that game ?

So many little jabs at radical left (Not sure what to even call them at this point because I'm left leaning but look the radical left like I look at isis). Like they have a #BLM boss that talks about slitting cops necks and how it's fare because fuck white people.

>But the assassins just wanted to have the artifacts before the templars got them.
Exactly. No plan beyond "we're not Templars, and fuck those guys, right?"

>every assassin in ac2 doesnt let you or anyone else know theyre assassins until the end of the game
More like 3/4, but he's still known. Same with Brotherhood, and Revelations.
>he was extremely one dimensional in his crusade against the assassins
That was just the game. Did you expect it to investigate his orchestral aspirations or something? The idea is that he had shit to get done for good reasons. It shows his development from an indoctrinated Assassin to finding truth in the benefits of the Templars, and why the terrorists had to be stopped.
>ezio would not hurt innocent people if it meant screwing over the borgia
He would, just that the game doesn't allow it. And pretty sure he's not the one evaccing his citizens. He tried to get out and attack Cesare straight up.
>the assassins motivation is liberation or freedom of the masses or whatever
Yea, some abstract bullshit which boils down to terrorism against those who wish to help humanity.

Yeah sure I mean it's not like if the Templars found them first they'd be like "Whatever, let the Assassins have them", they would have wanted them too. That in itself is not bad, just that they were too retarded to understand that they aren't artifacts that you can even use.

>they'd be like "Whatever, let the Assassins have them", they would have wanted them too.
No shit. Obviously the Templars have plans for them. They actually want to help humanity. Assassins aren't pro- anything. Just anti-Templar.
>they aren't artifacts that you can even use.
But that's wrong?

GIVE ME CHARLES LEE

Assassin's Creed 3 was a special case. The people who wrote Connor made him so unlikable you root for the villains instead

I don't think Connor is unlikable. He's just a very serious character and that is not going to be very popular with the mass audience.

No, he was genuinely unlikable.

He shows no affection to anyone he works with including his mentor.

He even ends up killing the people he was trying to help.

>you say he's a fleshed out character
>i say his whole character is just hunting down assassins
>"but that's just the game"

doesnt change the fact that he's very one dimensional. compare that to ezio or edward

>he would, the game just doesnt allow it
if it didnt happen in the game there's nothing to indicate that other than your opinion which nobody cares about

>boils down to some abstract bullshit
of course it's abstract bullshit, both sides are built on opposing abstract concepts, that's the whole plot of the series you idiot

He's actually retarded, though? Altair was serious but likeable. Connor's sole focus was killing Charles Lee because he thought he burned down his village. Even when he found out Washington caused it and Lee tried to prevent it, he wanted Lee's head, and helped Washington.
The game was all American propaganda anyway.

>compare that to ezio or edward
Certainly not as good as Ezio, but far better than Edward. Bearing in mind Ezio's entire character was just hunting down Borgias/Templars. Hell, he ignores pretty much all the politics and events of Revelations to keep pushing forward with single mind.
>if it didnt happen in the game there's nothing to indicate
You can poison the guards and have them kill innocents, and when the grenades are introduced it's the same deal. He just had to be portrayed as the more virtuous option whilst murdering people.
>of course it's abstract bullshit, both sides are built on opposing abstract concepts
Maybe try paying attention, you idiot? Each game focuses around some macguffin, and the Templars always have a plan to use it for good, whilst the Assassin's would rather fuck EVERYONE else over than admit their rivals might be right.

In Black Flag the Assassin's were on a single island, which allowed them to be sold out. Then they stayed on the same island, which allowed them to be slaughtered.

Assassin's were never on top of things, without an apple holder.

I noticed that he is popular with the female fans, probably even on par with Ezio.
I think it's because he is stronk and manly but many women also like men who are dumber than them.

>the templars always have a plan to use it for good

are we playing the same games

Yea, but it's portrayed as a bad thing, because "muh freedom something or other."

I can't be bothered to follow that reply chain but the Templars weren't bad guys in the Kenway era. Ezio did good in wiping out the Borgia though, they could hardly even be called Templars. The Ahmed guy was slightly better but the musulman Templars were 90% corrupt too.

Borgias were fuck assholes desu

>He shows no affection to anyone he works with including his mentor.
That's not true. He shows respect and affection plenty of times but like most people he takes them for granted. He was very close to Achilles, and that is show through out AC3, especially at the end when he dies.
>He even ends up killing the people he was trying to help.
And he didn't want to. He was fighting for a bigger picture, one that was ultimately wrong, but that's something that is bound to happen when you have the weight of the world on your shoulders.

And considering that Connor have many fans, it's silly to that your opinion on him being unlikable is anything but a subjective matter.
>Altair was serious but likeable
I liked Altair but many didn't and they he was boring and had the personality of a baked potato. It was actually one of the biggest complaints about AC1.
>Connor's sole focus was killing Charles Lee because he thought he burned down his village. Even when he found out Washington caused it and Lee tried to prevent it, he wanted Lee's head, and helped Washington.
Wrong. Connor focus was stopping the Templars. He was told by Juno as a kid that if he didn't the world would end. He just wanted Lee dead out of spite. He threaten to kill Washington if he came in his way too.
>The game was all American propaganda anyway.
I don't see how you can think that unless you didn't pay attention at all. Washington destroyed Connor's village. The templars that are with the British are deliberately way more sympathetic. Connor gets fucked over by the colonist. His people get driven out of their land and the end shows them bringing slaves into the colonies. It paints American as dicks.

>It was actually one of the biggest complaints about AC1.
Which is silly. He was an actual Assassin. He didn't need to be a jovial Italian. His life was the Creed, and he's just there to make the player realise that the Assassin's are full of shit.
>He just wanted Lee dead out of spite.
Which is the main focus of the game; his misplaced spite.
>He threaten to kill Washington if he came in his way too.
Yea, but then he kept working for him in taking down Arnold.
>I don't see how you can think that
It portrays the rebellion as virtuous and in the right, just headed by dicks. Hardly risque.
I guess i was unclear. It shows the American ideology as some great thing, whilst being anti- those "horrible founding fathers who are totes flawed."

>Got the templar coat as early as possible
>Memory 4
>"YOU DON'T DESERVE THE ASSASSIN CLOTHES U WEAR"
Outplayed, Ubisoft

Did I get that right that the only DLC for AC3 is not even canon?

>Which is the main focus of the game; his misplaced spite.
Connor is not as simple as he looks. Throughout the game he jumbles many focuses. He supposed to be naive boy with the weight of the world on his shoulders. His first focus is the world, the second is the his people, the third is his father and last is Lee. That's why Lee is barley in the game. He actions towards Lee were just spiteful but all the other have great meaning behind them and severe bigger purposes.
>Yea, but then he kept working for him in taking down Arnold.
Because he still needed Washington. He thought that working with the colonist that were going through the same thing as his people, it would have been beneficial in the long run. Connor is like Altair in the first AC1. His story is about being blind to the world and gaining insight. Connor had a moment like Altair did near the end of AC1 where reason this but they cut for some reason.
youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

yep

>connor is a native
>not sexy costumes for him