I just completed Arkham Knight recently and inspired by it I played thru Arkham Asylum again...

I just completed Arkham Knight recently and inspired by it I played thru Arkham Asylum again. In retrospect I have to say a noticeably large part of Asylum's charm came from Mark Hamill's performance as the Joker. He also did a bang-up job in City and in Knight.
In fact I think this whole series owes a ton to him. When I started playing AK I didn't like it too much. I especially didn't like the Joker-angle, but it grew on me and a large part of that was Hamill going all out. At the end of it I found myself thinking it's probably the best Arkham game. Then I realized a huge fucking part of my love for the whole series is the Joker. Hamill's fucking MAGNIFICIENT throughout the whole series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gnII2i6EbOQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oZcXE6EtpCw
youtu.be/OUBfbW2-vfQ?t=90
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Arkham Knight is the best game of the series, OP.

People saying otherwise or arguing whether it's City or Asylum are retarded.

I find the Joker really annoying. But Asylum, City, and Origins are all pretty good.

Disregarding Origins, every game has improved on the previous one both mechanically and visually, but Asylum has a charm of it's own and Knight has problems of it's own.
I think it's fair to say all of them are pretty close to each other overall.

Who has the best laugh?
youtube.com/watch?v=gnII2i6EbOQ

Arkham Knight had the worst story and the worst ending.

Can anyone explain how MArkhamill pulled off this laugh in City?
youtube.com/watch?v=oZcXE6EtpCw

I mean, he's coughing in such a natural way. It makes my throat tingle just hearing it.

youtu.be/OUBfbW2-vfQ?t=90

>the worst story
Yes, by a noticeable margin.
>the worst ending
Not sure about that. City wins the best ending by a mile but I think Knight and Asylum are about equal there, although for different reasons.

I don't agree because of the militia being so prominent and it doesn't feel like a Batman story because of it
I preferred Arkham City when it was just gang members and then Tyger guards suddenly come in and go away, but the militia were too prominent for me

City had a pretty shit ending too, thought not as bad as Knight's.

>Batman carried out the wrong person

I will never not be mad about this.

Hamill's performance in AK was his best work as the Joker

Joker meant more to Bruce than Talia

That's what's so retarded about it though. Batman has this insipid homolust with Joker that doesn't make fucking sense.

I take it you have no experience with Batman outside of the games?

>Arkham Knight had the worst story and the worst ending.

Asylum has by far the worst ending out of them all.
Really, it ends with a shitty Titan Joker (which is a shitty generic bossfight by itself) and that's basically it.

The ending of Knight is actually one of the better parts of the story in that game and after City it's the best Arkham game ending.

>That's what's so retarded about it though. Batman has this insipid homolust with Joker that doesn't make fucking sense.

Yin and Yang. They're 2 nutcases on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Why would some random hot chick be more relevant?

This, Asylum really fell flat when it got to the end

>muh The Killing Joke

Comic was terrible, movie was even worse.

Wow, tell me more about how shit your taste is so I can have a laugh.

Yin and Yang denote co existence. Joker is not something you co exist with. It's a retarded theme.

Your ad hominem doesn't change the fact that comic book writers trying to ship The Joker and Batman is retarded

First reply to first post best post

>my ad hominem is better than your ad hominem
Okay buddy, come back when you know what you're talking about.

That wasn't the first post though you drooling idiot.

Can I download Arkham Knight's DLCs somewhere? I almost legally got my copy from TPB but with only 2 story packs and I don't see any way to download the rest of them separetely without the base game since there are no DLC only torrents out there

>Hurr I can't read

I never insulted you though. So I have no fucking clue what you're talking about.

Do you fucking know what fpbp even means? Are you retarded?

>First reply TO THE FIRST POST, best post

It was a derivative of fpbp you nig nog

That still doesn't make any fucking sense. How is it a derivative? You're making shit up at this point.

The problem with Knight was the shitty fucking Batmobile missions every 5 seconds. Other than that, combat was improved, but the area layouts were worse for stealth. Stealthing any area mostly just felt like cheesing one good spot with floor grates than anything nice and fluid.

It also sucked that you could only play as other characters in short shitty side stories and not in the main game world.

I'm saying I agree with the guy who replied to first post. I thought that was pretty clear.

>have to 100% the game to see the retarded ending
>Batmobile hamfisted everywhere
>story goes fucking nowhere for the first 80% of the game
>can't play as side characters in main game world
>DLC out the ass

This sure was the best Batman game.

Well, it wasn't clear. At all.

Speaking of side characters I was surprised they never brought back Joker as a playable character after Asylum. Especially with Batman losing his shit at the end of Knight, they could easily have thrown in a Batman/Joker mindmeld character.

Mark Hamill is the best joker period.

well the movie was pretty bad, he's right about that

Well, ur dumb

Wasn't around the arkham threads on Sup Forums over the years

What's the general consensus on the series?

AA and AC were two of my favorite games for a while, AO was kind of eh, couldn't bring myself back for the dlc

When I got my ps4 I got the Arkham Knight bundle a couple of years ago, but I haven't bothered playing it yet because I know most of the story and it seems like everything I hate about Batman. I'll probably mess with it sometime but I just have no drive.

Depends, genre purists tend to dislike it but outside that it tends towards pretty decent/really good licensed game

Can you play as Catwoman at all in this?

Yes, but only in sections that allow you to switch between her and batman. This applies to all of the playable non-batman characters.

>no batwoman in AK
Biggest gripe

>batwoman

Quality post. The whole series are great. The perfect Batman game should take the best thing of each Arkham.

More like, Batman had to give Joker corpse to the GCPD before Harley or someone else took him.

>Batman carries Talia's corpse and presents her to Gordon
>"Batman....who the fuck is this?"

Also, Talia is a rapist, Batman shouldn't love her.

>hating on Kate

To be honest I don't think Hamill can do the Joker voice very well anymore. At first I thought the raspiness made sense because Joker was sick, but it seems that it carried into the Killing Joke and Justice League Action. Every voice he does now sounds like Skips.