>paid online

What was your deal breaker?

What wasn't to be honest

what wasn't to be honest

This was definitely a disappointment. I overall liked the Switch but this was some fucking bullshit.

Deal breaker? No, but I'm not really happy about it.

All of it.
>Gaming tablet
>Xenoblade looks like generic waifu bait shit
>Zelda has been shit since N64
>New Mario looks like cancer
>Paid online
>More casual garbage and gimmicks HD rumble
>299 for another underpowered piece of shit
>2 launch titles 1 pedo bait game and 1 normie game managing to make the worst line up for a launch console ever
>Prease understand we have 80 games coming up

Yea nah this is finally it. The console that will break nintendo.

accounts still tied to the system.

Paid online is always horseshit, but actually charging money for Nintendo's services is a goddamn bad joke.

And having those "free" games for only a month before they get taken away? Practically an insult considering that even greedy shits like MS and Sony let you keep them.

Essentially this. Why the fuck would you pay monthly just to use internet on your handheld? Who the fuck would do that for a smartphone for example? Some essential games will be horseshit without it -- Mario Kart and SMM come to mind.

>Some essential games will be horseshit without it -- Mario Kart and SMM come to mind.

True.

And what pisses me off even more is that I'm a casual online player. As in, I dont play online enough to warrant paying money monthly. But I do occasionally like to play online.

Now I get to play NO online whatsoever. And paying $60/yr or whatever it's going to be just to play an hour once a month is not worth it.

Crazy idea, how about none of us pay for online and see how long it takes for Nintendo to drop it entirely? We could discourage this attempt at an easy cash grab and show them that just because sony and Microsoft is doing it doesn't mean it's okay to do it
who am I kidding. You faggots will complain viciously while throwing your money at em

So paid online is only okay when Sony and Microsoft do it? Xbox Live has been paid for over 15 years.

The real question is if they're going to improve online as they go paid. I mean if it's still the friendcode shit there's no way I'm paying for online.

These boycotts never work, remember the CoD one? I hope they stop, otherwise Splatoon will only have a few months run time

honestly im just buying it for zelda and hopefully pokemon stars and new smash but fuck them im never buying online

Sony doesn't let you keep them. The moment you stop paying for PS+ you no longer "own" the game. Do some fucking research before spouting bullshit.

it isn't a deal breaker, but it is a major set back. I may not get one until later this year and I won't pay for the online at all.

paid online was a definite deal breaker since I already thought the price was too high for the system and going in (and coming out) the only game I gave a shit about was an online multiplayer shooter.

None of it, but the paid online is seriously terrible.

Not him, but you keep them for the duration of your subscription. That is, no matter how you slice it, an objective step up from only getting the game for a month.

Why don't you get a wii u then?

>Who the fuck would do that for a smartphone for example?
What? You do pay for your data plan for your smart phone, right?

Artificial scarcity. So sick of Nintendo refusing to allow me to buy their products. Fuck em. Not buying Nintendo bullshit until this method stops.

>HAHA SONYGGERS, NINTENDO HAS FREE ONLINE!
>Uhhh but Nintendo's online is trash, nintendrone?

>WHAT THE FUCK NINTENDO IS CHARGING FOR ONLINE
>Heheheheheheh....... welcome to the club

Basically, if Nintendo's online structure improves significantly with the Switch, this can be justified. Free online doesn't mean shit if it's shit online, but if the network is still garbage even with this service, then raise the pitchforks. If you're paying for a premium service, the service should be better.

And you will also have them if you subscribe again later.

>Pokemon Stars
Hahahahahaha. No. Oh god no. That is never happening. You're just getting some spinoff like Pokken 2 or Snap. You're not getting a mainstream Pokemon game for the Switch.

But then you'll still be paying them to play it. It's not really free, is it?

And those games are less than two decades old
You have to pay for Nintendo's too. Neither is free, the point is Sony's system is less shit.

>Make weak ass hardware yet again, automatically forcing it into "secondary system" tier
>Charge for online

I'm not paying an online fee at all let alone for a secondary system I'll play for a month in the rare occasions good games are released for it. It's why I like the Wii U, I like it every few months when I get a new game for it. If I have a subscription going to waste in that time, it will just bug me too much.

I'm a PCfag and I ignored the PS4 for the same reason, but it's hard to not admit that there's a little more justification for an online fee for a system that's going to have every single game apart from Microsoft and Nintendo first party titles, and some PC strategy games.

>give me free stuff

Fucking libcucks/cultural marxists

Nintendo is now a shittier Sony. They copied everything. The share button, the paid online, the no games.

What was the deal breaker?

>Paid online
>Barely any good games to be hyped for minus Zelda and Arms.
>32gb memory
>hardware is weak yet again
>TWO HUNDRED NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS

I refuse to buy this shit, fuck Nintendo.

I do pay for the internet connection per sé, but not the ability to use that connection on my phone.

So what other console will mainline Pokemon games come out on?

No games until holiday, then only Mario.

If it does not happen then Nintendo officialy needs to die. Pokemon keeps their handhelds afloat almost by itself, this wont stand a chance to sell well with the handheld crowd if they go and release pokemon on the 3ds/announce another handheld and release it on that.

>garbage launch lineup
>most of the appealing games are in the "we slapped together a pre-rendered thing/piece of concept art that indicates almost nothing about the end product" stage, AKA worthless and far-off
>paid online
>adult-sized controller costs a gorillion dollars

Won't be picking this up for a while.

It's both shit since you're still paying for them. It doesn't matter since in the end, unless you keep paying them, you can't play them. You own nothing.

Maybe they'll pull a Microsoft and change their minds later if they get enough flak.

Oh wait, this is Nintendo, the Zero Fucks Video Game Company.

>it's okay when PC does it, but not when Nintendo
Nintendo Switch online only costs $10 a month. Ask your mom how much she pays for your PC internet, it's probably $30-50 a month at least.

They already said you cant chat with friends on the console and have to do it with an app on your cellphone. If they though such as ass backwards idea was good, I doubt the rest will be good.

Service fees, user. That's what service fees are for.

>It doesn't matter since in the end, unless you keep paying them, you can't play them
With Nintendo you cant keep playing them even if you pay.

No it isn't, but it's still far less shitty that what Nintendo is proposing. Nobody is saying that what Sony is doing is exactly good, but it's still better deal than what Nintendo is doing.

The issue isn't just the money. It's the fact that Nintendo's online services are Stone Age tier compared to other platforms, with limited options and performance, thereby not justifying the price tag.

If you cannot afford 10$ a month you should literally kill yourself. I am not joking.

There are many different levels of shit, and one company here is going deeper than the other. It's false equivalence to say that both of those are exactly as bad deals for the customer.

>What was your deal breaker?
Nintendo

Which is dumb as fuck especially when the device's price is already hideous.

>Nintendo is your ISP

>bait and switch
get it?

Nothing. I'm a Sonygger and I'm actually pretty sold on it. Don't play online multiplayer so I don't care about paid online. Those new Mario and Zelda games look fantastic. Much better than the endless NSMB rehashes of the Pii/Pii U era. If the keep this up with their first party franchises it could be a return to the Gamecube era in terms of game quality.

the actual console

Why should I have to pay for the internet twice?

>Nintendo

No, instead you just get some other new game to play for a month. If it was only for one month, it's scummy, but if it's a rotating game for each month, then it's not so bad. What does Sony offer every month?

None because I'm not poor or Jewish

But that's my point. You're paying them to use the internet you've paid for. I'm just pointing out that's a horrible example to use.

>>Gaming tablet
YEAH! Because we should have totally gotten another under powered PC!

£60 games

They offer games every month as well, except you keep them afterwards if you keep playing. Nintendo offers 1 ancient game a month and then takes it away even if you keep paying. How can you not get this? You couldnt possibly be dense enough to thinl they are as bad.

>Steven Universe
SONYGGERS EVERYONE

>What was your deal breaker?
Paid online
No Games
Shit battery
Overpriced accessories

>paid online
RIP squib.

>No Games
I thought this was the Switch, not the Xbone/Ps4

Msrp exceeding $250 and pay for online. But really, almost the entire presentation was a trainwreck.
New sudo51 game is great, breath of the wild looks neat, new smt, but everything else was shit.

>What does Sony offer every month?
Multiple games each month that you can continue to play after the month is up.

If you have a year long sub to PS+ you'll have around 24 free games, some that can cost upwards of $30, and you get to play them all as long as your subscribed.
You'll only have one free game at a time with Nintendo's system.

>The only game worth playing is not even an exclusive.

Nice try drone.

Fair enough. Personally, I would have waited until we hear how much they're going to charge for the online service before I start complaining. Not that it makes it any better, but if its significantly cheap enough, then all this comparison starts to lose some of its substance.

At least Sony and ms give you relatively recent games, it's only nes and snes from nintendo.
Sony and ms also let you access those games any time you want as long as you maintain a subscription, with nintendo, once the month is over they are gone.
Having to pay additional for online is bullshit no matter who does it, but nintendo is jewing slightly more than the competition.

So I hope. The service is inferior in terms of what it provides compared to PS+ so hopefully it'll be cheaper too.

It's not as backwards as it may seem, the upside is that it doesn't put any extra strain on the hardware and plenty of Twitch streamers prefer Discord for example and uses mobile phones with it. Another potential upside is that it means devs can prioritise gameplay even more.

Not that any of this will make any major differences, or that's what I think but there's a few upsides to it.

>so hopefully it'll be cheaper too.
It won't be.

Gotta do all the chat with a second, paid, mobile app.
Miiverse crap is also returning.

3ds2. Mark my words, it'll happen.

We don't even know the price yet.

Trust me. Let's just say I may have a relation in a company that knows this kind of thing.

all of it
but mostly the amount of shit to get lost/stolen. damn if I wanted to play videeo games while mobile I would just play one of the handheld consoles I have.

That would pretty much be like if they said "we are throwing the NX under a truck". It may happen, but I dont think its likely.

Unironically, so do I. The answer usually comes down to 'it's complicated'.

>ey goy, we know you already paid for these groceries, but we put a lock on your fridge
>Don't worry, it's only $10 a month to get it unlocked

$300 for an ipod touch with 2 games anyone gives a shit about at launch, which are sold separately. I'm fucking done with Nintendo, they fucked me for the last time with the Wii U.

The Switch is not a handheld, it's a home console that can go portable. It's not even the successor to the GB/DS line. Why do people keep repeating this?

Sony lets you keep them as long as you're a subscriber and if you stop paying then rejoin later you get them back, Nintendo's shit is a rental service for ROMs and even if you keep paying you have to buy them to play after that month.

Don't forget that Xenoblade and the new Fire Emblem whatever will probably be censored per NoA/NoE standard.

Not buying it after the Wii U. I'm getting BotW thankfully so I have no desire to get a Switch the library was lackluster and that Mario game has me worried about their creative direction.

Have you seen the pic of the guy trying to fit the switch into his pocket like you would with a 3ds? The joycons barely fit into his pocket, let alone the screen.
Combined with it's shit battery life, there is no way the switch is going to take off as a handheld

Probably the price. Was expecting 200 since it's hardly better then the wiiu. Maybe the money went into the controller because it has the rumble thing going on

Now you get another under powered PC with a Vita mode that kills the battery in two hours.

>plenty of Twitch streamers prefer Discord for example and uses mobile phones with it.
Nintendo is going to force you to pay to use their dedicated app for voice chat, messaging, setting up lobbies, and every other thing that's been a feature for online consoles since the start of the 21st century. They can't even do it on the console.

Because it blows as a home console but it seemed like a good handheld until they told us how long the battery lasts.

I wish this would happen. I'm only buying this if it gets more decent exclusives, and I'm not paying for their online service

>It's not even the successor to the GB/DS line.
Until they stop producing 3DS material to support the Switch. Everyone's rushing to label this thing because it's more comfortable that way, but you don't know shit about Nintendo's plans right now.

It isn't the next Wii U or 3DS. Until it is.

I doubt there will be any big first party releases for the Wii U after Zelda. Maybe some indie shit but it's pretty much kill.

Huh, I just realize something. The exact wording for the Switch Online Service is:

>After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

Key word being most games. Seems like there will be some games where you don't need to pay to play online.

fuck off pol

I don't know user, Microsoft backed away from their horrible always-online disc-DRM and eventually backed away from Kinect. Perhaps if the public backlash is great enough, Nintendo will back away from their paid online.

Last I checked they stopped production of the Wii U but the 3DS is still being produced sooooooooooooooo I'd gather that the Switch is replacing the Wii U.

And it'll be the next Wii U in terms of tanked sales and irrelevance in 4yrs.

I'd say BoTW is the only serious and respectable-looking game they have revealed with sufficient detail so far. Bomberman, that SF game, and Tetris are just games that rely on the nostalgia of the past and are made with much less quality and effort. In the future, the new Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2 will surely lift up the console's reputation but they released this thing way too soon with little preparation.

Also you forgot to mention that they jack up the price of their controllers and accessories to retarded levels. The Switch Pro controller is pretty much an Xbox One controller clone with less compatibility and extra useless features that costs even more. The Joy-Con controllers are even more expensive and ill-fitting for human hands. They've finally lost it, it seems. Even the Wii U had respectable games on it albeit not many before the quality went down the drain lately.

I feel that they are aiming for the Switch to be more like a quality of life product with its motion and sensor gimmicks, to be a staple at events and house parties instead of being a dedicated device for gamers. That's probably the future of the company now.