Can we please talk about how the pack in Joycon grip doesn't have a fucking USB port for charging

Can we please talk about how the pack in Joycon grip doesn't have a fucking USB port for charging.

How the fuck is Nintendo getting away with this, you have to pay $30 for one with a fucking USB port; it doesn't even have a battery. This is some of the biggest nickle and dime bullshit I have ever seen.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.de/amp/www.geek.com/apple/apple-will-be-forced-to-use-micro-usb-chargers-by-2017-1587862/?amp=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So each separate joy con and the tablet itself all have different batteries?

If I'm playing it and it's even in dock mode I'll have to remove both controllers and plug them into the dock to charge them?

And if I'm playing that dumb bang your ded game with someone and one goes dead? just one

yes

you can just
you know
take a break and charge it on the main console

Yeah the less time spent playing the switch the better amirite?

you can just
you know
stop nintensplaining

This is the most basic fucking thing every console has, a way to charge the controller while using it. But nooo, nintendo can't offer the most basic things without charging for them

this is some retarded ass shit. this is why I love my ps4, one battery to worry about

the wii u pissed me off with all the cables and docks
>hey senpai lets play wii u
>sure
>pulls out a box filled with 5 wiimotes 3 mario kart stearing wheels some gross floppy wiimote condoms and a lb of dust
>gotta check batterys
>go to store for some AA's
>oh the tablet died
>do we even need it?
>yes
>can i at least have the pro controller
>the battery is dead

fuck nintendo

meanwhile
>hey wanna play ps4?
>sure lemme grab my controller

now you're telling me its even worse

This is going to be incredibly inconvenient with multiple controllers.

Out of the box you can't even charge the controller whilst playing. Just think about that for a second.

Even my Wii U allowed me to charge two pro controllers and the gamepad whilst playing.

You're all retarded.
Nintendo is retarded for not packing in the charging grip.

And you're retarded if you let the 20 hour batteries run down enough to make it an issue.

Nintendo are Jews, but nobody with a brain will be affected by this.

Mark my words, they will be sued over this.

They're trying to side step EU laws that prevent them from selling proprietary chargers. They haven't stopped selling proprietary chargers, they've just changed the charger from a plug into a grip.

I hope they fucking choke.

Do you not have Apple products in Europe?

Name a console that's launched with a charging dock for two controllers.
I'll wait.

It's illegal. I do not give one flying fuck who does it.

I hope you re read this and realize how fucking retarded this is.

Xbox 360
Xbone
PS3
PS4

They're called USB cables.

They have to be sold with an adapter.

>you can't even charge the controller whilst playing

the video explaining the switch said you can play with the system connected to the plug.
wouldn't it charge while playing then?
just like the wii u did.

I don't think people even understand what they are complaining about anymore.

I was just asking how Apple was getting away with it if it is the case.

Sounds like an awesome law to me.

But you can charge it while playing. By attaching them to the console and taking it out of the dock...

The controllers don't charge unless the tablet it plugged into something.

Regardless that is some of the stupidest reasoning I have seen

lmao

>forced into playing in handheld mode while controllers charge
Do you literally eat shit
How can you defend this

It feels more like I’m paying for the mistakes Nintendo made in launching, marketing and naming their last console

Mario Odyssey was likely originally an idea for the Wii U that got redirected after the decision was made to jump ship and start a new console. Breath of the Wild was supposed to be the Wii U’s big holiday title to push units— until they gave up and moved it back so it could be developed concurrently with the Switch. Bomberman, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Fire Emblem Warriors... these are all games that could very well just be Wii U titles

what we’re seeing coming to the Switch aren’t games that could only happen on the Switch. This sadden me

If you want to, you can buy a controller that comes with a USB charger in it so you can play while you charge! More option for everyone :)

>$30 extra for what most Consoles have normally
Wonderful.

What the hell, no USB cables came with my 360

I don't think this will be a problem if the controllers are capable for running for 8+ hours without a recharge, I have no idea how long other wireless controllers last for but I assume it would be even longer then that

If you spend more then 8 hours in a row playing zelder then you've got other problems

>It feels more like I’m paying for the mistakes Nintendo made in launching, marketing and naming their last console
And you'll continue paying as long as you keep buying their shit

They care least about their fans because they have you pegged as the type of person who will buy no matter what. And you're just going to prove them right

360 launched with 0 charge cords.
PS3 launched with 1.

>20 hour batteries
Source on this

It's funny because the 30$ grip doesn't even come with a charger.

Only if you have a CHARGING grip, which is the one that is wired and charges the controllers while you use them

The switch, by default, comes with a non-charging grip, which is literally just a lump of plastic with no wired or wireless power connectivity

Sorry I should have added whilst it's docked.

Like if i'm playing my Wii U, PS4, PS4 etc and a controller is going flat, you just plug it in and keep playing, and it's no problem to have a second, third or fourth controller just charging elsewhere for when friends come over.

But for the Switch my only means of charging the joycons is going to be having them attached to the tablet unless I shell out for more centre pieces and additional charging cables etc

That's not very convenient at all.

They REALLY need a dock that will let you charge 4 or more joycons at once independently of the tablet.

The joycons are confirmed to run 20 hours on a charge.

Anyone who leaves their joycons out of the charger for that long is either a turbo autist or flat irresponsible.

Yeah that's no issue then, just gotta remember to charge that shit while you sleep

I doubt that they'll have people stop playing juts because of a grip to charge the controllers.

It'll be like the wii U. a dock, but the power cable can go directly to the tablet so you can keep playing.

if not then that was a mistake.

>have 20+ hour gaming sesh
>joycons run out of charge
>have to quickly 1, 2, Switch! to continue playing
>get Splatted
>scream at the top of my lungs and accidently wake the criminal next to me
>he complains to the flight conductor who turns the plane around instantly
>Switch flies out the window along with my Joycons
>have to spend $80 to buy new ones
Fuck Nintendo.

>need a dock that will let you charge 4 or more joycons at once

Just wait for nyko to make one.

Can't we just have a wired controller?

Or has friends, family and will most likely have 4+ sets of joycons that need charging on a regular basis.

>The joycons are confirmed to run 20 hours on a charge.
not even a whole day! wehat the fuck nintendo!

There's only one power cable in this package, and it's the one you use to plug the dock into wall socket

They're not, nintendo will have the same problem.

google.de/amp/www.geek.com/apple/apple-will-be-forced-to-use-micro-usb-chargers-by-2017-1587862/?amp=1

The console comes with a USB-C though, which is hopefully what's used.

Pro controller won't have this issue, it's really just a problem with the joycons.

I'm also not loving the prospect of my handhelds functionality being reliant on three separate batteries.

All it takes is one to go flat whilst you're out and about and your gaming sesh is over.

And I REALLY can't see Nintendo having gone to the trouble of ensuring all three systems equally distribute power.

the console doesnt come with a usb c

>Have to buy separate charging grip for $30
>Also have to buy extra cord for the damn thing
This is just inconvenient as fuck.

To be fair, that power cable looks to be USB-C meaning you can plug it directly into the tablet if needed.

Nice.

>joycons last 20 hours
>you cant put the joycons on the console in that time to charge

The pro controller costs more than an Xbox controller, and doesn't come with the console.

Wii U had the same setup. the dock was optional. may be different in switch's case but we'll have to see production pics of the tablet to know if you can forego the dock and charge the tablet independently just like the Wii U tablet did.

Where do I put my second set of joycons to charge?

Or my third?

Or my fourth?

Why can't I just conveniently charge my joycons like I can with literally every other console on the planet?

Or right, because innovation.

But even if that worked, that would force you to play in shitty 720p mode in order to charge the controllers while playing

Again, simplest fucking feature of any console, including the Wii U, but this time it's okay because it's Nintendo.
Seriously consider killing yourself.

You can play charging it. They literally show that at the presentation.

thats what you get when you want to consolidate your business.

Nintendo sucks now.

How

Show us

wtf I hate switch now

Undock your shit, plug the joycons, plug the charger on the botton, play.

How do you charge the JoyCons without that?
Just plugging it into the actual Switch?

How do I do this without taking the game off my big television

Wow amazing, now how do you do this while still playing through TV?

>Just plugging it into the actual Switch?
thats what seems to be the case

no different than wii u

Nintendo does not make usb ports or connectors so it makes sense that the japanese jew strikes again. Remember that you need a fucking dongle for ethernet.

>buying a handheld with tv out
>expecting it to act like a console

you're funny

You buy the charge grip.

I genuinely don't understand why you would think a charging grip is any different than just putting the joycons back into the system to charge.

At some point you have to charge the fucking charging grip.

So you're forced to stop playing comfy on your tv, and move to a tiny screen. Yeah, seems right.

The Wii U came with an AC adapter for the gamepad, at least. You're SOL unless you fork over for a pro controller or charging grip.

yeah but this time the gamepad IS the console/system

>Nintendo does not make usb ports or connectors so it makes sense that the japanese jew strikes again.

My Wii U literally has two usb ports for charging controllers, what are you talking about?

Because you fucking retard

One way allows you to keep playing your fucking console on your tv the other way does not.

dude this shit was the last straw and caused me to cancel my pre order.

I have a PC and a PS4. What I needed from the switch was a lil portable device that's fairly cheap and will have nintendo games. I might as well buy the 3ds

You can't play TV mode while charging. This has been pointed out numerous times now.
You're also fucked if you have more than one set of Joycons and need to charge them.
Like, Nintendo obviously wants you to carry this thing around to friends. Imagine you get there and you have four Joycons that need to be charged before playing, or they run out during gameplay. You're completely screwed.
With any other console, you just plug the cord into the system and there you go. Hell, even with the Wii U you could plug the charger into an output and charge while playing.

Yeah, but I didn't have to stop using my monitor when my gamepad's battery was dying.

are they even going to come out with a new mario kart game for it ever if it cant even do the last mario kart at the same resolution unless its docked?

i only care about normie shit like that

Laughed way to hard.

The Switch is a needlessly complicated shitshow of gimmicks and expensive as fuck accessories.

>$300 system
>doesn't come with a game
>Additional Joy Cons are $80
>Pro controller is $60
>doesn't even come with the laughably shit 1-2 Switch shovelware demos, thats sold separately
>have to buy a separate controller to charge the Joy Con batteries
>have to buy a separate cable if you want to charge the tablet when its not docked
>have to buy another plastic stand to sit the tablet up and charge it while not docket
>powered by a $5 Nvidia Tegra X1 that literally no one in the mobile market wanted
>system costs more than the base PS4 and Xboner bundles which come with games
>now has paid online with extremely questionable benefits, may even be a petty attempt to lock out online multiplayer and nothing else

I don't own any consoles, apart from a Sega Genesis. I'm interested in how genuine Nintendo fanboys are rationalizing the Switch as a good thing. Everything I saw last night looks bad. The games themselves looked pretty bad. Little to no AA, choppy, the Zelda game had some disgusting bloom and haze puke filter on it, and the system only has a 1280x720 screen. Its 2017 and Nintendo's brand new console is sporting the same resolution as a piece of shit Chink TN panel from 2003. We'll be in the new decade in less than 3 full years now, and Nintendo's home console will only be 720p.
How is anyone defending this?

I want to like the console, but it just doesn't come with anything essential to actually play it.

>>have to buy another plastic stand to sit the tablet up and charge it while not docket

I don't know about your other points but this one is false

but you needed it just to start the damn thing. without the pad the wii U is a door stop.

>Nintensplaining
JUST

Wait, what the fuck?

So, the switch itself comes with a grip that CANNOT charge the Joycons.

You can spend $30 to purchase a grip that has a usb port, NOT a battery, which will allow you to charge your Joycons while using them as long as you are tethered to power.

Additionally, your Joycons do NOT charge when attached to the tablet, and instead have to get plugged directly into the dock in order to charge correctly?

Am I getting all of this right? What the actual fuck. Jesus Christ this is horrible.

Does it come with a cable that has a plug short enough to sit in the port and not interfere with the system when its upright utilizing the kickstand?
I didn't see them show one off.

I'm pretty sure they can get charged along with the tablet?

The console has a groove on the back for the cable to slide into, so it can stand upright while something is plugged into it

Worded that poorly. I mean, when you have both Joycons attached to the tablet but not are not attached to a dock (eg, you are out of the house), do the Joycon batteries drain or are they kept charged by the tablet?

But you need to buy an additional cable to charge the tablet without the dock.

Nintendo should have included the grip for charging joycons and the tablet charging cable in the package, it's as simple as that.

The Joy Cons charge when attached to the tablet and the tablet is charging.
You don't connect the Joy Cons to the dock in any way.

The dock is nothing but a plastic shell with male USB connector which plugs into the tablet.
Inside of the dock is a power plug for the wall adapter, a HDMI port for connecting to the TV, and a female USB port for mass storage or some other accessory. There are also two other USB ports on the side of the dock I believe.
Aside from that its just a hunk of plastic. Basically nothing but a small USB hub with video out stuffed into a shit tier injection molded shell that has no purpose.

The only reason why you can't use the screen and the TV at the same time like the WiiU is because the system is too weak to do both, so the plastic dock obscures the screen.

>the new mario kart game is gonna have a shitty splatoon map that looks like ass

thats not even worth getting a new map if i have to play that crap too every once in a while

It's the only controller I have for the Wii U, and I like it. With the Switch, I can't continue playing games on my monitor with the controllers that came with the console unless I shell out $30+ for a charging grip and USB cable.

The joycon batteries last like 10 times longer than the tablet anyway, so even if they didn't it's kinda irrelevant.

Any other company would give you the charging grip with the system, and the premium version would have an integrated power bank to charge the controllers autonomously. Man, FUCK Nintendo.

That's it?

Why does it cost 90 bucks?

WHAT THE FUCK?!

Because you can get something similar for around the same cost.

>Why does it cost 90 bucks?
The executives of Nintendo hate you on a personal level, and they think all their fans are retarded.
In most cases they happen to be right.

>Most interesting looking Mario and Zelda games we've seen in forever
>A new fucking Bomberman at launch
>I like the joycon gimmick and the idea of weird niche peripherals they've suggested
>Mostly going to use it docked so the battery life and 720p screen don't bother me
>Controllers last for 20 hours and I never leave my controllers unplugged when I'm not using them so it won't be an issue
>Genuinely don't care about console game visuals as all I want are quirky, interesting games that rely on the console's gimmicks that I can't just play better versions of on my PC
>Can't defend paid online, it's bullshit

I know not everyone lives under my circumstances, but beyond the paid online I think the Switch looks pretty okay, and I loved the games they showed off. Zelda looks fantastic, Mario looks like they're trying something unique and brings back the deep movement mechanics from 64, ARMS looks really fun and original, A new Bomberman, No More Heroes 3, FE musou, SMT etc. Tons of cool stuff.

Can the Switch console itself be charged using a USB to USB-C cable? Planes have USB ports in them, it'd be nice to be able to charge the Switch on a plane.

>Can the Switch console itself be charged using a USB to USB-C cable?
Yes, thats how the device is charged in the dock. Just like any other cellphone or tablet, because thats what the Switch is.