Why are people bringing up Sonic 06 with this game?

Why are people bringing up Sonic 06 with this game?

because one part of the game is in a city so it's exactly identical

because Sup Forums is full of youngfags now

they base their entire argument around the first kneejerk reaction they have, it's also why every board is shit now. also don't forget how everyone needs to call each other fanboys and post frogs when they do it.

Sup Forums was always fucking dumb but when you start to realize it's time to leave. as you can see, i am having a hard letting go

I thought people would be bringing up Sonic Unleashed.
With the clearly unnecessary mascot character.

You are literally me dude.

Gave me Sonic Adventure vibes desu

Not sure if that's a good thing though

you are really making me think and i think you should stop

because sonic 06 took place on earth just like this new mario and also cause sonic 06 was one of sega's grapsping at straws

>Half the people on this board think New Donk is the hub world because it's the first world they saw in the trailer
>Before that people thought Mexicoland was the hub because it was all they saw in the first Switch trailer

Because of youtubers

Because of how the home world looked. The jarring seperation of full sized normal humans next to a well established cartoony character.

Sonic 06 had similar design and this is why people compare the two. But beyond that they aren't very comparable.

I think the game looks alright and fun.

>The airship is actually the """hub"""

there is no hub. You move between stages on a hat ship.

I want so badly to think these posts are ironic.

Or Sonic Adventure at least.
The city resembles Station Square far more than Soleana

>They do a throwback galaxy type thing again
>It includes a part with pic related

Not saying it resembles a place in a sonic game.
Just pointlessly putting eyes on his fucking hat.
They pulled a god damn chippy.

Because we all watched gaym grumpz play it

No irony whatsoever, I just recently moved out/finished college and looking around and seeing people already married with children has me rethinking everything. The things I like and enjoy are starting to outgrow me and at the end of the day working is going to have to take priority over these sorts of hobbies.

Shitposting and playing video games aren't much of a hobby anyway, it's actually lack a therefore of. It may not be your time now, but it will be eventually and it'll hurt. Growing up is like tearing off a part of yourself. You can either rip the bandage off or slowly peel it, depends on how you want to do things.

there might come a point in your life when you realize that being angry about everything is actually quite exhausting

I thought the same thing, until someone pointed out that Mario is traversing through different worlds. So there's the common cartoony levels you can expect from Mario. Then there's a level that's a real city, with real people.

Its actually a neat idea that's been done before. But if people are using this as a means to shitpost, they're fucking retarded.

>b-but it's more like Adventure or Unleashed!
In Unleashed the humans were Pixar-like and matched Sonic's cartoony style. In Adventure, the humans were terribly made models that barely even resembled humans anyway so they didn't look realistic.

But in 06, the humans were super realistic and were extremely jarring when standing next to Sonic and friends. Same with Odyssey, Mario and the humans are not even in the same style. Mario is super cartoony and the humans are realistic. It's just as jarring as 06.

The comparisons are completely called for, Mariofriends. But you can at least rest easy that the game still looks fun and a lot better than 06's actual quality.

The city looks awful, awful, awful visually, mostly due to the shit NPCs and lighting. It's a lot better in the other levels thankfully.

>New Donk City

>they actually call it "throwback" land/city/whateverthefuck
>this fucker shows up and launches your ass
>as soon as you fall into the abyss you become N64 mario and continue falling until you land in Peach's moat
>UI even changes to SM64's
This will never happen, but if it did: How many bricks would you shit?

>The front cannon is unlocked
>Go to the roof
>Ride Yosh

does anybody have manlet edit?

>have to jump and bounce off yoshi (dropping him to the abyss below) in order to get back to the main game and to the final stage
IMAGINE

So is this game going to be to some extent based off the actual Odyssey? I mean, in the Odyssey Odysseus was working to stop his wife from being stolen by suitors, and in this game Mario is also trying to stop a wedding.

The Mario lore just gets deeper.

Yeah I get that, I'm just pointing out that people are stupid if they think one of the levels is a hub world.

Awww shit.