The Wii U was still a terrible investment and I feel bad for people that bought it

>The Wii U was still a terrible investment and I feel bad for people that bought it

When the fuck will this meme stop? Will we ever see an end to people who didn't buy one trying to pat themselves on the back for doing so? The Wii U had a robust library of very good games. The only shortcomings related to release droughts and Nintendo being out of touch with what fans want.

>New Super Mario Bros U
>Pikmin 3
>Mariokart 8
>Super Mario 3D World
>Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
>Yoshi's Wooly World
>Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
>The Wonderful 101
>Bayonetta 2
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Pokken Tournament
>Splatoon
>Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wii U had some amazing games and was worth it if you badly wanted to play those games sooner, but Wii U emulation is progressing well and will be a reality within the next year and a half as a generally usable emulator most likely.

>Wii U Emulation

I can't take this seriously. It's not like the DS. The dual screen gimmick was implemented differently. It's not gonna be very fun to emulate Wii U games because you won't have a gamepad on hand.

Are you gonna funnel the second screen display onto a second monitor? That's the only way I can see it working.

It's funny. These idiots are commenting everywhere from forum to sites like theverge.

I looked at the Switch announced games and smiled because I've already been enjoying excellent games like Splatoon and MK8 for over a year already and here these idiots are introduced to their brilliance for the first time.

I actually use my WiiU more than I use my iPad which cost more. It's my YouTube, pirate movies/tv shows and Netflix machine.

It's not mandatory for a lot of games.

Mandatory status is irrelevant. Even if it's optional, it's an important feature.

You'll be playing and inferior version if you're limited in how you experience it.

I got a Wii U back in 2014. Got the MK8 bundle, later on smash and bayo, wind waker HD and a few others.

It's not that it has bad games. It's just that it does have very few. SM3D world doesn't constitute a 3D mario that's a worthy successor of Galaxy 2. Smash has not managed to get decent online connectivity. Not to mention, the price of the console -is- still currently not worth getting it. Mine gathered dust for quite some time, waiting for newer things. 2015 saw XCX, Mario Maker and Splatoon, that's it. The following year? Fuck all. 2016 killed it and buried it underground. It had a few good releases, yes, but so did the fucking Saturn and no one gives a shit about it. What's even funnier is that today I can still find mario kart 8 bundles for 300€

Now the Switch is coming out and it's the same excuses over and over. It's like they're doing the same thing. Taking the same steps, which makes it look like by 2020 it'll be dead too. I don't see why you would subject yourself to spend 329€ for this, plus online fees (normalized because everyone else does it anyway, are you poor, eat your goddamn snes roms with netplay, etc) plus whatever the games might cost.

Hell, what's more insulting is that nothing that has been shown looks like it couldn't be ported to the Wii U already. They would gather more respect from resurrecting it with these newer titles and not just zelda. So far I have seen no footage showing a clear difference between the two systems.

I dunno about everyone else but I've used mine every single day since the day I bought it at launch. Granted, half of that time it was used for internet browsing and streaming video. But still, it's been shown plenty of love.

3d world, pikmin 3, and pokken are shit

It's really not important at all. And there'll probably be some bluetooth adapter to use the Wii U gamepad with it anyway.

>It's really not important at all
t. Some guy who hasn't played all the games listed in the OP

>there'll probably be some bluetooth adapter to use the Wii U gamepad with it anyway.
You realize that buying a gamepad is almost the same cost as buying the whole console right?

The only game I remember needing that that I owned was ZombiU and it was in all fairness quite mediocre.

>Pokken

I completely forgot about it. What happened?

Being mandatory isn't what's being debated you dink.

Something doesn't have to be mandatory in order to be good or enjoyable.

>NSMBU arguably the worst 2d Mario
>Pikmin 3 okay, but not a game for everyone
>MK8, there's a Switch version with all the dlc plus extra
>super mario 3D world, easily the worst 3D mario on consoles
>DK Tropical Freeze, sure it's pretty good as a platformer
>Yoshi's Wooly World, cute but that's literally it
same with Kirby, except everything else about the game has no depth or thought or anything that makes an game good
>w101 was the worst platinum game of the generation
>bayonetta 2 was worse than Bayonetta 1 but still fun regardless
>XBX okay, but has some blaring problems early in the game, also worse than the original
>pokken tournament is ass
>splatoon is getting a sequel that's basically just a better version over the original, only about a year after its release
>BOTW is being pushed as the definitive version on Switch leaving the nintendo wiiu being the only Nintendo home console without an exclusive Zelda game
yeah the wiiu was a bad investment

30fps

>blaring problems early in the game
Playing through the first one right now, what sort of problems?

XBX doesn't know how to unload its information in a natural way, instead once your done with the prologue starter chapters it just gives you 5 prompts with full paragraphs of texts attempting to explain it admittedly full featured and deep functionns.

Then the fact of certain affinity missions being required to start story missions when in the first they could be done entirely at the players discretion which makes a deeper connection to a character rather than a basically forced "character arc" if you could call those 7 second cutscenes arcs.

>XBX doesn't know how to unload its information in a natural way, instead once your done with the prologue starter chapters it just gives you 5 prompts with full paragraphs of texts attempting to explain it admittedly full featured and deep functionns.

Will this be an issue if I played the first one?

I had that short bit of fun with the Wii U without bothering about the screen gimmicks. Hell I had wished it was $100 cheaper without the whole thing, and instead just a normal gamepad. But that wasn't an option, just like it isn't an option to buy a Switch that cannot be taken outside for cheaper.

I really look forward to emulating games that I know don't need this feature you find so fun and amazing

no the first one is spectacular at explaining the functions of its gameplay and exploration

It's straight forward and allows you to figure things out safely while also explaining in enough detail on how to do anything important on the journey

although there is a function called probing that will be hard to grasp even with experience

as well as the online features being implemented extremely poorly, but these are optional so not as much of a bother

>super mario 3D world, easily the worst 3D mario on consoles

Geez it's like Sunshine doesn't exist

>bayonetta 2 was worse than Bayonetta 1 but still fun regardless

I respectfully, but strongly disagree

Also I don't see how the Switch is a better investment considered we're not in a much better place than we were at launch with the Wii U

>You realize that buying a gamepad is almost the same cost as buying the whole console right?

I already have a Wii U. Like any other vidya enthusiast.

>I already have a Wii U
Then you don't have any good reason to emulate it.

>MUH SEEXTEE FRAAMES
>MUH TEN 80 PEES

Whatever floats your boat user.

I've enjoyed my Wii U, but I'd love to find some "hacking for retards" guide for it.

Half of those games are shit

oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying currently the Switch or more worth getting, honestly based on first year lineup the wiiu is actually the better investment
just not a good one either way

I really enjoyed the tropical vibe and level design of Sunshine, though I can see it's great and varied flaws for sure

The Bayo thing is strongly opinionated, both are amazingly fun and that's enough for me

github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki

Just install haxchi and you're done.
Don't fall for the coldboot meme.

I could link you some because piracy is so rediculously easy that it's a little embarrassing
You just need a beefy SD and USB and you could get any game
by beefy I mean big enough to hold whatever game you want to install on the wiiu

>tfw Wii U still expensive as fuck

God fucking dammit

MGSV and Fallout 4 both had extensive second screen stuff, but no one who played without it was really missing out.

Same goes for 9 out of 10 wiiu games, and those potentially cost a lot money vs. free emulation. The value add is nearly zero.

Well they stopped producing them so presumably they're only going to start getting more expensive.

>MGSV and Fallout 4 both had extensive second screen stuff,
As retarded corporate tie-in add-ons and not central parts of the game's design.

That's an ABSURD comparison.