Switch Online

Okay so we all know the paid online here sucks but we gotta bite the bullet on this one for certain games. Its best to just move right on into accepting it and get along with discussion about it aside from just
>PAID ONLINE LOL NINTENDO IS DEAD

That being said, How many of you guys that are getting a switch are actually gonna be using it? I'm not a fan of Mario Kart or Splatoob so I can get away with not having it because I'll be playing Bomberman with old friends who are also getting one.

If you are gonna pay for it, how much do you think would be a reasonable price given you only really need it for 2 or 3 games this year? Think they might have a lower price this year then raise it to normal PSN/XBL Tier prices next year when more online games get released? Will you still pay for it for those few games if it goes reach the same as its competitors or will you just play without online for a while?

None, unless Nintendo makes a concerted effort to improve their shitty netcode.

>but we gotta bite the bullet on this one
This is the mentality that caused paid online on consoles to be the first place.

Have a spine and don't support it. Games for Windows Live tried it and it got fought back against. It shouldn't be a bullet biting situation.

fuck off nintendrone

> The WiiU had 3 active online multiplayer games
> Somehow Nintendo wants people to pay for that on the Switch
I don't even understand.

>Did you know that even with saddles people die all the time in Yoshi crashes? I thought that was interesting

Depends. If the only things for a while are going to be splatoon 2 and MK8, then fuck that.

>saddle
It's a shell

paid online = no buy
im not paying for online

buying amiibos

buying games that never go on sale

for p2p on wifi. cell phone chat and decades old roms monthly that go back to nintendo.

I'm not deciding until I see what games use online, price and quality of the service.

>paid online in order to trade/battle pokemon
o i am laffin

Paid online = no buy.
Easy.

I want to play that zelda so bad. And god knows I'm gonna suffer a lot if they announce a Pokemon main line game or a Fire emblem (not the shitty warriors) on the switch. But I'm not gonna pay nintendo for a shitty overpriced old gen tablet, with gimmick controllers and fucking paid online.

If just everybody did the same, Nintendo would have to change. But the world is full of retards who preorder and buy shit day one with no games.

im with you, i had 800 set aside and i wont be pulling the trigger on this thing, nintendo has always been a secondary console for me, paid online for something i use maybe 3 months out of a year is a no go

Paid online won't last unless its like 5 USD a year. There's gonna be nothing worth it outside of Splatoon til 2018. And I say this as someone who is going to pay for like a month or two starting at Splatoon's launch
If they force Game Freak to make people pay to use GTS/battle/etc., they'll kill their only goldmine left in Pokemon. I don't think mainline Pokemon is coming to Switch anytime soon though.

Paid online would be slightly tolerable if they had at least made an attempt to polish that turd like microsoft and sony do (free games, discounts, keep free games as long as you have the membership), but they don't. They HONESTLY think that paying 60 bucks a year for a feature which needs to be free and has no reason to not be free is justified by a mere SINGLE VC title which you can't even keep after a month.

I can't wrap my head around that. I just can't. There's no words for how stupid nintendo are.

If they don't charge for peer to peer connections I'd forgive it, mainly because my decision to purchase a switch lies where monhun ends up

why is this image exclusively used by shills

Switch needs more online games that aren't sequels to Wii U ones for me to get it. ARMS is a start, but not enough.

lol

holy fuck... the next monster hunter will be gated behind paid online.......

fml

>we gotta bite the bullet

Another one bites the dust..

PC lads lets have a toast to consolefags for being good company. A toast to their deaths in 2017. It was a good run

R.I.P. consoles
1977-2017

It was a good 40 years.

The games I'm interested are RPGs and Zelda so I figure they are unlikely to require online. If they somehow require me to be online then I'd be pissed since I'm single playering this shit.

I'll get it for Splatoon. As an adult I don't really need several online games, I only need one. Still play Splatoon every week.

Puyo Puyo Tetris for sure

LITERALLY OK IF NINTENDO DOES IT THE FUCKING THREAD

COME THE FUCK ON

>Its best to just move right on into accepting it and get along with discussion about it aside from just
>PAID ONLINE LOL NINTENDO IS DEAD

This reeks of damage control and you would have said the same thing if a sonygger acted this way when paid online was revealed.

>hey guys just accept it no sense fighting it just accept it and move on and dont talk bad about nintendo

Fucking shill.

>people think that since you are paying that the servers are going to get better

>people think there are actual servers

Only Mario Kart and Splatoon are online multi-player, other WiiU games only upload scores in leaderboards and Miiverse updates

Paying online in Switch is a bad idea only for two games

I just hope they're all shitposting.

They're going to remove paid online once online activity drops to alarming levels when the trial period ends.

>Nintendo genuinely thinking Children and Man Children have credit cards and are capable of making monthly payments

That's my hope. I mean the online is important for only 2 games. (3 if you count Arms as a game anyone cares about.) Really they are shooting themselves in the foot with paid online.