Geralt is a Mary Sue

Geralt is a Mary Sue.

>he's a white male
>he's handsome, every girl in the game wants to fuck him
>master detective, and you can press a button to activate this
>master negotiator
>starts the game with every spell
>hardly ever dies, and there are no penalties

How does anyone find him relatable? How am I supposed to project myself on to him when he's already more or less perfect?

t. "I only played TW2 and 3" console plebeian

Feels like a regular white man. You mad nigger-boy?

Sounds like a regular white man. You mad nigger-boy?

>How am I supposed to project myself on to him
You're not

Not if you are an ugly ass nigga..

I'm white

>master negotiator
Somebody who haggles over pay as much as witchers is going to be a good negotiator. That being said Geralt gets take advantage of frequently by more manipulative/cunning characters.

>Went through a semi-scientific wizardry & weird ass alchemical Gene Modding procedure that gave him the building blocks

>spends the next several hundred goddamn years building works of art out of said building blocks

>He's a cisgender maru su!

Also, he's not supposed to be sympathetic. Not every story or game needs to be fucking Fallout 4. You silly bitch.

>master negotiator
I suppose he can be if you as a player make all the right decisions.
>spells
They're signs and real sorcerer's laugh at them. While Geralt is very competent, he's nothing compared to some magic wielders, who can level entire battlefields. Male sorcerers are also better looking, more powerful and more educated.

>he's a white male
He's a mutant
Probably because he is immune to all diseases and can't get girls pregnant
>master detective, and you can press a button to activate this
He just has good senses
>master negotiator
He gets paid less than human monster hunters
Sequel?

I was just wondering if I was going to play some video games tonight and this thread reminds me that it's time I go fuck around in Skellige for a while.

so?

Sure thing buddy. Where you from?

You don't. You're not the hero and you never will be.

>He's a mutant
Technically all whites are mutants

Fucking fatburgers want to project into everything. Listen up fatties, even if you create character that looks up like you it´s not you faggots, stop dreaming.

Everybody is a mutant chucklefuck.

Stupid multi cellular organisms, pissing on the single cellular ideal our ancestors lived.

Reminder: A mary sue is a self insert for the writer and if typically a character who is loved by all and has no flaws

A mary sue is NOT

>Any character who happens to be very powerful
>Any character who uses generic or overdone tropes
>Any character you personally don't like
>Any character set up to be a protagonist of a story

>stop dreaming
They CAN'T hamburger's fat clouded theyr brains up

t. pic related

spend hours on end being a shit bird
>Black store owner gets fucking fed up, gives you a warning
>You proceed to try and call his bluff
>Get curb stomped to fucking smithereens

>Supersize your freedom of speech
>Get assaulted
>People cheer for your attacker

>Slav
>White

HAHAHA

Argentina

>i don't know what freedom of speech means

What's the problem with playing a coolass bad motherfucker, OP?

Portugal

What were the best looking armour sets and sword in Witcher 3?

Zimbabwe

new moon armor.

Will there ever be a time when we will move on from this bait shit?

Is this all that is left, just same shit over and over again?

Ursine. Wolf is ok too, but it needs dying.

He got told to leave multpie times he is trespassing by that point.

No, there's no turning back. From now on it's all baiting and false-flagging until the end.

a white sweden cuck heh?

You missed the part where he's a freak of nature that's almost universally despised by common people. Simply for having had some shit done to him that he didn't necessarily have any say in.

Total Mary Sue.

How are you supposed to project yourself onto any premade character? His personality is already set in stone

You're not. You're playing a role. You know, like a "role playing game"?
Skyrim babbies have a hard time with this concept. Just because the game isn't so shallow you can do and be anyone at all, doesn't mean you can't play a role. You don't have to be exactly like someone to play their role.

I had a lot of fun stepping into the shoes of a male whore who occasionally kills monsters between bouts of sleeping with every sorceress in the entire world, and random village women to top it off.

I'm only baiting ironically :^)

Shit games and shit books. Geralt is king of the Mary Sues

>You missed the part where he's a freak of nature that's almost universally despised by common people.

This can me wholly ignored since he is only hated by the regular dimwitted folk.

All women want to fuck him and all capable men respect him or are willing to negotiate him on equal terms.

It's only that the regular farting solders and country bumpkins give him shit and he can literally kill them in a heartbeat with no penalties.

"I GOT A FUCKIN PUSSY"

Crazy snowflake distinction like that is definitely part of what makes a Mary Sue...

>he's a white male
Technically you can't even call him human
>every girl in the game wants to fuck him
Wrong, also he is completely covered in "ugly" scars
>master negotiator
I bet that's why all the peasants hate him and people constantly try to kill him
Only "every spell" he learned in Witcher 1
Witcher magic is still shit tier compared to the actual sorcerers and witches

I thought Mary Sue is more how a character seems to handle every problem without much effort?

>all capable men respect him or are willing to negotiate him on equal terms.

Witchers get fucked over constantly by lords and nobles. Hell, all the armor set treasure hunts are basically "witcher was in wrong place at the wrong time and got himself murdered by some noble with a bone to pick"

Admittedly this doesn't come across too well in the games. Geralt is supposed to be well known thanks to Dandelion, so most people don't try and cheat famous people, since word gets around pretty quick.

>gary stu
>he's a white male
kek

S-south of Brazil!

Only if it never actually becomes a legitimate drawback.
The games don't really do it justice, but Witchers are basically pariahs in many places, and in the books a lot of things that could have been resolved by Geralt not being a fucking Witcher and standing out like a sore thumb in that situation end up spiraling out of control.

It's "Gary" Stu you fucking idiot

>you're supposed to project yourself on a character for them to be good
what the hell is this tumblr shit

>more or less perfect?
can't have children
humans hate him
stripped down feelings

Read the books you insufferable cunt.

The Hearts of Stone robes

Iris/Aerondight

>finally get around to play W3
>loved 1, liked 2
>the sorceresses are even bigger moodkillers than in 1+2
>have romantic night with triss
>alright you goddamn witch, one last chance
>"hurr durr I'm sooo important because I have to save all the mages, haha"
>that's fucking it, I've had it with you, you egocentric wench, nobody ever thinks of my witcher feelings or asks how my fucking day was
>"that's only because they have nobody else to turn to" YOU SKANK
>"oh geralt, a compliment would be nice for a change"
>ENAGE 100% AUTIST GERALT
>"your eyes are like stars. no really, you drank too much wine, stop immediately"
>she laughs and runs away
>chase her
>catch her
>TIMED RESPONSE
>KISS HER
>HA FUCK YOU TRISS THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR-
>...

did the fucking game trick me again

What about the Manticore grandmaster set?

It has worse stats than other Grandmaster sets, it's pure nostalgia.

That drawback is extremely poorly written. You can tell because women will still fuck him like crazy and see him as a sex object which isn't really comparable to a realistic drawback.
That's when you know your drawback is small time and part of why Geralt is clearly an authorial insert for the writer who tried to make him "an outcast", but failed miserably because he wanted to pretend he was handsome in his dumb books.

it freaks me out when i see people stomping on other peoples' heads in fights.

aren't they afraid they could kill the person and end up in jail or something?

just don't end up on the ground then

>hardly ever dies
>Series opens saying Geralt got killed by a kid with a pitchfork

Also

>Four times he found himself in a position to counter attack and strike. Four times he struck a blow. In the head, neck, arm and in the thigh. Each of the blows would be fatal. But each was parried.
>No man would be able to parry those blows. Geralt started to understand little by little. But it was too late.
>He saw the blow that the sorcerer struck him. The impact threw him against the wall. He pushed with his back, failed to make a jump, to make a feint, the stroke had deprived him of breath. He received a second hit in the shoulder, flew back again, hitting his head against the pillar, against the chest of a caryatid. Vilgefortz turned away in a deft leap, he waved his stick and punched him in the stomach, below the ribs. Hard. Geralt doubled over and was struck on the side of the head. His knees weakened below him suddenly and he fell. And that was the end of the fight. In essence.
>Clumsily he tried to shield himself with his sword. The blade pierced the wall and the pilaster, he erupted in a groan vibrant and clear. He protected his head with his right hand, the staff fell and broke his forearm. The pain blinded him completely.
>‘I could ruin your brain through your ears.’ Vilgefortz said from far away. ‘But this is a lesson. You made a mistake, witcher. You have confused the surface of a pond as the sky with stars at night. Oh, did you vomit? Good. Brain injury. Do you bleed from the nose? Great. So, I’ll see you. Someday. Maybe.’

>he's a white male
you're either white or non existant in that universe

not in the books, in fact females only want to fuck him because you get a nice tingly feeling when touching a witcher

>master detective
He is literally like 100 years old and probably spent most of that time in the wilds, why wouldnt he be a master detective?

>master negotiator
He has to jew people out of their money as best as he can or he'll starve. Its only logical to think that he would get good at this after 100 years

If by every spell you mean 5 barely magic related signs that no sorcerer would ever use the yea

>hardly ever dies, and there are no penalties
Soulsfag detected

>How am I supposed to project myself on to him?
Kill yourself

reminder that tw4 will be ciri vs. robot vilgefortz and zombie bonhart

>>he's a white male
he's a slav, not white
>>he's handsome, every girl in the game wants to fuck him
he's only sleeping with the 3 women he's had relationships previously in the past
>>master detective, and you can press a button to activate this
>>master negotiator
>>starts the game with every spell
>>hardly ever dies, and there are no penalties
he is an aged warrior, not some new kid off the street, him being good at his job just makes sense for him. him bumbling around when he's had a generation of experience would break immersion

Geralt is literally a Mary Sue for the neckbeard audience.

He unironically says "m'lady."

He fucks every single female on the planet.

He does queer spinning dancing shit with his 1000x folded Japanese steel.

Complete shit character.

So?
Video games are probably the only medium that a Mary Sue works as the success or failure, as well as their skill and attractiveness are pretty much determined by the player.

Except in the cases of a set-protagonist, but even then it still works since you have some agency over how they look.

>He fucks every single female on the planet.
all 3 of them?

>he's handsome
This actually does unironically annoy me. The novels make him out to look like a scary walking corpse(Pallid, dark circles around eyes, etc) but in game he looks a little too vibrant and handsome.

Older games did it better.

And now you know why they changed it, because we had to look at that shit too.

>Geralt is a Mary Sue.
>>he's a white male
Stopped reading here.
Kill yourself, OP. Not because you're showing us a stupid fucking post, but because you actually took the time to write all this crap out for cheap giggles.

>>he's a white male
true but in game he's a minority who's hated

>white male
>minority who's hated
Neo-nazi persecution complex wet dream

White people have a really hard time deciding who is white. Seems to be a point of constant conflict throughout history. I don't get it, I'll never get it.

>Witcher
>Not a minority that's hated
Nice joke

there's nothing to get. it's natural, tribal behavior. people's definition of their tribe has expanded throughout history as borders dissolve because it turns out some groups are more similar than they thought. though it hasn't expanded past race - whites tend to distance themselves from blacks, mestizos, and arabs for a good reason.

I know this whole thread is bait but none of what you just listed constitutes a Mary Sue.

Ireland

>curbstomping someone's head unprovoked

Have fun getting raped in jail wew.

>gets spit on by every shitty peasant
>gets fucked over and used by women
What's with the very poorly constructed anti-witcher posts lately? Some forum related to bioware or bethesda ceased to exist or something?

gross wtf?

This. He's a character that's been around in three games and an entire fucking saga of books

He reminds me of Sword and sorcery characters like Conan, another character I can't relate to unless I'm related to super strong barbarians from prehistoric times, which I doubt. I like to read stories about people who are larger than life, I don't need to fucking self insert every step of the way.

The genre you are looking for is called Isekai, it's pretty garbage but probably up your alley.

What's the source on this?lost that shit a long time ago

Gotta get the mod to fix this.

>Argentina
>White
Sure spic

Yes, I know that. But if you're obviously a pale ass motherfucker who for whatever reason is unaffected by snow and enjoys doing crazy shit like going to a moon or shitting out thermal nuclear explosions. Why go beyond that? Just seems so redundant for the superior race meme/fact. Figure your shit out.

Todd?

>How am I supposed to project myself on to him when he's already more or less perfect?

You're not

so geralt is batman?

Geralt IS batman

>Geralt is perfect
>he's a white male
racist much? the fact that he's a disgusting cis scum white male is already basis to deny his Mary Sue standing, case closed

J-Japan!

>>he's a white male

Yeah now fuck off back to tumblr you mystery meat nigger
>this fucking board these days

You don't know what a Mary Sue is, idiot.

You don't know what relatable means either.

>>he's a white male
stopped reading there, race has nothing to do with it, bait shitter.

Should he be a nigger, hook nosed kike, with a passion for mexican food?

>How does anyone find him relatable?
In this case, you might as well avoid playing at least 95% of all the best games out there

Even more handsome tbqh