How the fuck did Nintendo get a lock on the Mainline SMT games

How the fuck did Nintendo get a lock on the Mainline SMT games
>Strange Journey on DS
>SMT IV and APocalypse on 3DS
>SMT V is Switch Exclusive

ever since it became clear the sony audience (the ones among them that like jrpgs) only want the cringiest animuest garbage like the neptunia games

>How the fuck did Nintendo get a lock on the Mainline SMT games
The past few games weren't obvious enough? The series is slowly dying, Really the only thing probably keeping it alive at this point is the Persona hype. But we'll see how that turns out when it releases.

>Implying it's SMT V
>Implying it's exclusive
Boy, you sure we saw the same video? I could have sworn nothing of value was mentioned.

>SMT V is Switch Exclusive
Do you have to lie toddler? not even atlus said it was exclusive. Is 3d pretty much is coming to ps4 too

You'd almost think the series started on a Nintendo console or something.

>cringiest animuest garbage like the neptunia games
Why is 4A with all the cringe anime garbage still a 3DS exclusive.

Wasn't SMT IV the highest selling of all the mainline series?

SMT 5 is multiplat.
Also, SMT 1-3 are on Sony consoles.

SMT was always a Nintendo-centric series. The only mainline game not on a Nintendo system was Nocturne.

That being said, there's nothing suggesting SMT5 or whatever the new project is will be Switch exclusive.

On the website they specifically say they have a new 3DS project and a new "HD" project. They didn't specify "Switch" project, so it's very possible it might be multiplat.

Shit budget, minimal effort games fit right on Nintendo handles. That's how.

because in all of those cringe moments you can tell them to fuck off and ultimately kill them. if you could murder all the nep girls in their games then I would buy them

To Anime fags, yes. To literally every other audience, no.

The first and second game are on psx too with faster movement and more detailed,

Budget.
Note that they recycled sprites from the ps1 games.

Ask Nintendo whether they'd want Persona or mainline SMT

>SMT V is switch exclusive
it's not

SMT is on these platforms out of convenience. SJ used EO's engine, SMT IV is on 3DS and stays on 3DS because it was the leading handheld and it's not easy to port to other platform.

I've played every SMT, IV is my favorite after If.

>>SMT V is Switch Exclusive
They never said this.

Keep dreaming. Atlus had made it clear that Nintendo is getting mainline SMT and Sony gets the shitty spin-off Persona.

>exclusive
>the official site doesn't say Switch, it says HD project
LOL

kaneko liked strange journey on ds

I want to live in a world where cucksona last forever

The Switch game isn't SMT V.

Yeah because that game sold so well and all

Kaneko is dead.

If you scale to the existing nintendo wii u aundience, ot sold alright.

Oh it looks like a Nintoddler has became so delusional after the Switch presentation that he thinks the "HD project" is gonna be an "Exclusive SMT V"

Can you be any more wrong?

We don't know if it's exclusive or SMT V, but seeing as no word has come that it's multi plat...

Come on user we alrdy know which engine they are using for that smt game is a fucking multiplat otherwise nintendo would have said exclusive before them.

>HD SMT game teased at a presentation focused entirely on the Switch
>Nintendo and Atlus are fairly close
>Mainline SMT games have been on Nintendo systems for a while

>toddler forgot about his smtxfe crossover shit

Keep telling yourself that, friend.

Also I'd like to point out how it wasn't called the "Switch project" really made me think.

If it does come to the Switch exclusively, you can guarantee Bayonetta 2 levels of salt.

>SMTV

Speaking of which, how long until Atlus announces the PS4 version?

I'll give it until Sony's press conference at TGS, at the latest.

>Nintendo and Atlus are fairly close

This is the mind of an adolescent.

This is business. a 3D SMT is going to cost a lot to make. There is no way they are going to confine it to an unproven platform when they have another one with 55 million users and is home of their best selling game, ever.

SMT gets a wrap of being hard and shit but it gets easier when you grind.
>"So don't grind!"
Why? It is within the limitations of the game and it is not cheating. If the game cannot produce difficult situations for the player without prohibiting their ability to grind levels then maybe it's just shitty game design.

Tell me about all those SMT games that have been coming out on non-Nintendo systems lately, shitposter-kun.

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

>Mara in HD

>he doesn't know about Conquest

Itll be on switch and ps4 and we can all rejoice for a mainline home console smt. The 3ds game will be a spinoff and probably more apocalypse/persona scoobie doo shit.

SMT has been on DS for a while because it allows Atlus to make the games cheaply. They can't put something like Strange Journey on PS3 and charge $60 for it. So they made most of their games for handhelds that generation and chose the weaker handheld with the bigger marketshare.

There's no sensible business reason for the next SMT being Switch exclusive, unless it's a handheld-tier game. But I'm not sure that it even is exclusive. They call it HD project, not Switch project.

I bet that too and the fact ist in a shitty handheld with shitty graphics

Reminder that they didn't say Breath of the Wild is exclusive either, expect to see it on your Playstation 4 by the end of the year :)

That's called cheesing you absolute autist, you can do that in even the most hardcore of games but if you know it'll ruin your experience, why do it?
Because you have autism, most likely.

Go play persona 5 and you will see mara in hd , hell the demons in the video are using the same engine that's why we know is gonna be fucking multiplat is gonna look like shit on the switch tough

That does not make sense. Why wouldn't I play a game optimally? Chrono Trigger is a game that does not require grinding and remains entertaining. SMT games are completely destroyed when you grind up.

>Tfw none of the games will be Raidou or DDS

It's clearly coming to PS4 too.

There's no need to be butthurt about it, if you accept the truth now there won't be a need to damage control.

>HAHA TODDLERS IT ISN'T EVEN EXCLUSIVE
>Nobody thought it was exclusive you sonypony

You are still in time, a few more days and nobody will believe it.

Don't make this into another
>What do you mean persona 5 isn't on the 3DS? Everyone knew that a-already! Who cares anyway Persona Q is better!

Well user leaving the fact nintendo owns zelda and not smt franchise.. you are a imbecile.

Chrono Trigger is babby's first JRPG. It's entertaining, but it doesn't provide challenge or depth.

Persona 5 is not using UE4.

Those are in fact the models from Persona 5 though.

>UE4 engine
>site calls it "HD Project" instead of "Switch Project" like the 3DS one
Its entirely possible the new SMT isn't actually exclusive.

>Nintendrones are still waiting on a SMTV port
LMAO

It isn't, it's on the wii u aswell ;^)

Started with a piece of paper, a pen, and Aya Nishitani.

It's entirely likely the Switch isn't even lead platform.

At the very best you can hope that Nintendo bought some timed exclusivity for it.

Grinding is supposed to be a way to adjust the difficult in games like these. You're only supposed to grind when shit gets too hard for you.

Neither does SMT. These game provide a false sense of challenge until you realize that all you need to do to win is level up.

Stop bullying Nintendo-kun you faggot.

There is not a single SMT fan on PS4, they all like Persona.

The only mainline SMT that wasn't exclusive to nintendo was Nocturne. Stop being deluded.

Production cost.
HD development costs a lot of money, by making games for those weak systems, they were able to make several games without being too risky.

Persona 5 is the first HD SMT game, so they will probably reuse those assets for future SMT games in HD (Switch/PS4)
SMT was always on the most popular platform (NES->SNES->PS1->PS2)
Sure, other platforms got some spinoffs.

It has nothing to do with brand/platform loyalty.
These are companies.

If Nintendo is going to finance the development for SMT V then it's going to be Switch exclusive.

Yeah, something like that never happens.
Look, we don't know if it's going to be exclusive or not.

Also on pc;)

But dual techs are so cool, though.
>when you unleash a triple

No, in SMT you win by fusing good parties. Levels don't give you victory and the exp system is designed to prevent you from getting to an insane level without tons of grinding, because they don't want you grinding - they want you to figure out what to do with the tools available.

then don't give any option for a difficulty setting.

>If Nintendo is going to finance the development for SMT V then it's going to be Switch exclusive.

Given how much money persona 5 gave them to atlus and sony i doubt they will pass the new SMT

They didn't sell, though, and came way after the fact. That's like saying Yakuza isn't primarily a Sony franchise, because 1 and 2 have an HD version on the Wii U.

When was the last time SMT actually was a multiplat without resorting to "remasters"?

And the very first Devil Summoner or if you want to go into the deep depression zone, NINE.
All of the SNES ones eventually had ports on the playstation aswell.

Wat?

Are they japan only?

Yep

I'LL END IT THUS

That's because they made a few spinoff series on PS2.

If I'm not mistaken, there are as many SMT games on Nintendo platforms as there are for Sony platforms

>SMT IV introduced waifus
The series has been downhill ever since.

The age of 3rd party exclusives is over guys.

Although i understand Nintendrones, they barely get 3rd party games so they still don't know about it.

the better question is

why does atlus hate the pc platform so much, I mean the just never give a shit about it, I just want to play a smt there too goddamn ;_;

I seriously hope someone is making a collage of all these PS4fags desperate for another game but don't have the good boy points for a Switch. This is reminding me of that one /vp/ thread saying we should admit Ash would win the league, which was made hours before Burasto Burn became a meme.

Is NINE even good?

No, but it has some alright SMT1 music remixes.

BEHOLD MY DEMONS

SUCH IS A SAMURAI'S SKILL

If you want to go on a western prespective the very first brought over SMT was on a playstation.
Hell even more depressing is that SMT1 first and only western release is on the iphone.

Yes, finally a revenge for the "Persona 5 for 3DS" collage!

No one knows. It's a Japanese only Xbox exclusive, so there's a good chance that no one outside of Atlus has ever played it.

Is there an OST download anywhere?

Then either we wouldn't get the extra hard difficulties or that would just be default. If I'm going to replay one of these games I'm definitely going to want to on a higher difficulty since I'm better at it now.

Do you mean like 3DS faggs beggin for Persona 5?

Or when that time you autistic drones sent a thank you card to treehouse and they started censoring your games because they got scared of your autism?

Kek

I'm just gonna sell blood and save that up

because their handhelds have been the cheapest platform to develop for.

Persona sells better so it goes to sony's main system where they can make it with an actual budget.

Mediafire for it's dead, but the soundtrack's on youtube if nothing else.

SMT5 is as likely to be on PS4 as Persona 5 is to be on Switch