4th cheapest console of all time

>4th cheapest console of all time
>Killer app on release
>Several good games already announced
>A multitude more confirmed by other sources to be in development, such as Sakurai's new IP
>Has an actual controller
>Includes a handheld free of charge
>USB charger

How will they fuck it up?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_U_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st shittiest graphics and specs

I don't think they will. It looks really good, and the current president is an actual business man rather than a dev.

>paid online

That's how.

>Killer app on release
>Several good games already announced
Where?

Hidden.

You need the nintendrone googles to see them.

Behind that stack of PS4 exclusives

DRM

>That's how.
>likely cheaper than what everyone else already do
HA HA HA HA

>PC
>$0

>shilling this hard
>make thread claiming 4th cheapest console
>is already way more expensive than ps4/xbone and has no games only shitty rehashes of same zelda/pokemon/mario bullshit
>no third party support
>50 dollars for 20 minigames that last 2 minutes

th cheapest console of all time
3rd most expensive handheld of all time

Paid online

shitposting aside. why does console actually pay for it, what is the difference between PC and Consoles?? is it hardware based??

>PSN cards go on sale frequently for $35 a year~
>Most of Nintendo's online features require a smart phone and their paid app

HA HA HA HA

How do I become a nintendrone like that? Who's frail jap cock must I suck?

>>Most of Nintendo's online features require a smart phone and their paid app
>source my ass
>but reggie said
he never mentioned smart phone you tripple cock sucker

>better graphics and specs than the Vita and the 3DS

If Steam introduced such fee then people would go to Origin/GOG/whatever.
On consoles you don't hale any other choice.

In other words - they do it because they can.

I think we're witnessing a new Wii. Normies will want one the very moment they see one in the wild. They need to keep a constant flow of games, that's where they can fuck up. A Mario Party that uses the new controllers and new rumble should have been a launch or holidays title, for example.

>The reason for that is, it continues to reinforce our commitment to online, and do so in a way that will enable the consumer to enjoy their Nintendo Switch and to still be able to play those connected experiences—like Splatoon, like Kart, like fill in the blank—while they’re on the go. Instead of having some sort of bulky gamer headset, you’ll be able to do it right off your smartphone, put in your earbuds that you use for your standard mobile device. We think that’s a pretty sweet solution. That’s part of the overall opportunity that we see in a subscription service.

wired.com/2017/01/reggie-fils-aime-nintendo-interview/

Also worse battery life, ergonomics and larger than Vita and 3DS.

>worse ergonomics
But that's pretty blatantly false, people say it's very comfortable

>new wii
In an age of mobile? The only thing normies want from consoles right now is VR shit, which is exactly what the Wii offered with Wii Sports. 12Switch isn't Wii Sports. Normies don't give a fuck about Zelda or the other jap games.

>you will be able to do it in your phone
>able =/= need
its an app, for all its confirmed the app can be downloaded on Switch and run on the back while you play a game.

>worse battery life
only if you run AAA games.

you average handheld game will likely be on the 5-6 hours alley

>Normies don't give a fuck about Zelda

>The only thing normies want from consoles right now is VR shit

>J-just limit the types of games you play
Holy shit nintendo defense force is real.

Also
>Paid online
>They give you a free game monthly though just like xbox and psn!
>Whoops, turns out they take away that free game at the end of the month, compared to xbox and psn where they let you keep it forever as long as your sub is active you can play, and you can let your sub run out and the game is still on your account for when you renew the sub

They have paid online, and arguably the worst fucking version of it. At least xbox and sony give you games to keep, not try out

>Normies don't give a fuck about Zelda

>They have paid online, and arguably the worst fucking version of it. At least xbox and sony give you games to keep, not try out
what if the online is only 10-20$ year?? where is your god now??
also so far fucking NN has been more stable than PS+ which goes down every twice a week

for some reason it's hard for people to just accept that it's the greatest built and spec wise handheld of all time

It's the new hot shit, just like motion control was back then. Don't kid yourself, that kike Facerferg didn't drop a few billions on it for nothing. And that huge ass VR theme park "The Void" that everyone's slobbering over? Consoles won't even be able to secure VR at this point, what with Disney and Universal duking it out for control over VR for their shitty theme parks.

Wii Sports is the best selling game in existence. In comparison Zelda is left in the dust. Mario is the only thing normies do care about from Nintendo.

>It's the new hot shit,
>several months old
>no body really cares for it anymore
>all glorified tech demos

Why are you arguing facts?

I want to know, how will they fuck it up?

>BUT WHAT IF
Yeah we'll see what it turns out to be user. I'd bet my left nut it's going to be 30-40$ minimum, and you will praise them for charging you when they somehow didn't have to with the WiiU

>Killer App
*Also on Wii U

You still have to pay to keep the games.

>inb4 i don't want to keep games longer than a month

well, NOA could do what they did with the wii U and fail to market it adequately

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_U_video_games
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Wii_video_games

That's gamers though. Any basic videogame playing faggot knows Zelda. Casuals, true casuals, don't give a shit about it. Look at these fucking lists, it's dominated by Mario and the Wii Sports tech demos. Link's crossbrow training sold more that Skyward for fuck's sake.

>Deliberately avoiding giving a you
>Giving a (You) serious worth unironically for the same of shitposting

People like you ruin this place. If you're not going to use this imageboard correctly please fucking leave.

HAHAHAHAHAH
ITS AN IPAD WITH A STAND AND AN XBOX CONTROLLER

>Skyrim won't be at available at release

If it's the 4th cheapest why can I buy like every console at a lower price than it?

PS4 is like $250

Wii Sports only sold well because it was bundled with the fucking console.
Zelda has consistently been one of the most normie series of all time. Ocarina of Time and TP both sold over 7 million. It has tremendous brand recognition and it's all over shirts, caps, and every "gamer girl" will tell you its their favorite series. The only games more normie than Zelda are Mario, Candy Crush, Minecraft, and Angry Birds.

Breath of the Wild was THE most discussed game on twitter and facebook during E3 2016. I can't believe you would even think they don't care about it.

>all glorified tech demos
What was Wii Sports? And what happened to it? Right, nobody gives a shit anymore. That's how it works, tech demons are not meant to last but they sure can save a system if executed right. The problem with VR is that unlike Wii Sports that kinda worked, VR is really not fucking ready to exist and they're trying to force a technology that is nowhere near finished. And they're all fighting over who will get to sell this unfinished product first so no one gets to do it until it's settled.

>I'd bet my left nut it's going to be 30-40$ minimum,
I hope you are ready to honor that

>and you will praise them for charging you when they somehow didn't have to with the WiiU
playing devils advocate, that what the rest of the console industry been doing, hell look at Sup Forums when PS+ became mandatory

actually Im not one for replaying games so dont care, so as long as the pay wall is not on teh 50s- 60s. welp, time to bite the bullet for the few games that require it

Skyward sword sold about 5M, other than the heavy hitter (Sport, CoD and BF) that is more than most games sell (both 3rd party and exclusive in all consoles)

>more expensive than the more powerful competition
>competition already have large established libraries and more upcoming games than the switch
>$70 for a new joycon
>charging full price for a remasted mariokart
>releasing half way through the gen
>biggest launch game is a multiplat
>casuals will see its tablet form factor and think "but I already have an ipad!"

The switch will probably do better than the wii U, but it's not going to knock anybody's socks off

I just don't see a reason to get one at launch. Eventually it will have plenty of games. But right now you get a tech demo, some ports, and a somewhat better version of Zelda.
If you own a Wii U, it's even more pointless.
Once they start putting a new FE and Pokemon, it will pick up in sales.

>killer app
>not even exclusive

also you seem to vastly overestimate how many normies care about zelda
out of 100 million wii owners, 7 million bought TP
4 million bought SS

To be fair, Crossbow Training came with the gun holder, so there was almost no way not to buy it if you wanted the gun.
And the gun was totally worth it for Resident Evil alone

is Mario Odyssey Switch only?

>How will they fuck it up?

By not releasing any games.

Daily reminder that this piece of shit has FOUR launch titles.

FOUR. And half of those are ports from the Wii U.

What the fuck is the point of this thing?

It actually has better battery life than both the original Vita and the original 3DS.

well you could also buy a snes for like 10 bucks on craiglist

he's obviously referring to launch price (still a stupid metric but whatever)

>actually Im not one for replaying games so dont care, so as long as the pay wall is not on teh 50s- 60s. welp, time to bite the bullet for the few games that require it

Could you repeat that in English?

Yeah, because much like the Wii Feet shit people wanted to try out the cool new shit that didn't really work that well.

how many did ps4 have?
and xbone? I'm asking for a friend...

>charging for online
>can't even access added features like party chat through the console, have to use Nintendo smartphone app
>Nintendo are charging for a party chat app that already exists a million times over for free

>It actually has better battery life than both the original Vita and the original 3DS.

Is this the best you can come up with? Switch releases 2017. Vita and 3DS came out 2011.

>3DS is hackable, large library of games
>Wii U is hackable, large library of games
>Switch isn't hackable, small library of games

>overpriced
>underpowered
>short battery life
>32GB SD
>online subs
>smartphone app
>$60 handheld games
Gee I wonder how

Isn't that the point? It's like a table but weaker, and for vidya only. Nintendo wants to create a real tablet but more dedicated to games.

>consoles aren't hackable as soon as they launch
Stop the presses

PS4 had
>Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
>Knack
>Killzone Shadow Fall
>Call of Duty: Ghosts
>Resogun
>LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
>Contrast
>Skylanders Swap Force
>Madden 25
>FIFA 14
>Need for Speed: Rivals
>Battlefield 4

Not the best lineup, but most consoles don't have good launch lineups.

Ps4 had 5 exclusives at launch, and 26 games total with multiplats

Do you remember wii u launch day

It was a bunch of 360/PS3 ports, a shitty Mario game and Nintendo Land

this is actually a fair analysis and not biased at all!

>while having the worst price to hardware ratio to any other current/last gen consoles

neck yourself

Here's the straight dick coming from an Idort whos owned every console so far.

PSN+ is overpriced, Sucks donkey dick and the free games are rarely ever worth taking up space on the console. When you're not subscribed anymore you can't play the abysmally few games you could get each month that you actually kept.

XBL is 10 dollars cheaper and lets you keep the games you get for free each month regardless of if you stop your subscription, but just like PS4, if you miss them, you can't get them anymore. There have been several great titles for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbone under this service that were worth taking up space on your console. Certainly a lot more worthwhile titles than PSN offered at least, While being the first to jew the industry the have arugably the best paid online system right now unless nintendos is half the price, making them the superior service.

What we know about Nintenos Paid online service is that you don't get to keep the games you get for free each month at the end of the month, they either get removed from your internal storage or are never installed permanently to begin with. We have absolutely no idea what titles those might be or of what quality they may take, but we've been told at least some of the early games made available will be some classic nintendo titles, which are certainly worth playing if you're a fan of nintendo. The online service will only be necessary for 4 titles that we know of releasing for the switch this year; Arms, MK8, Splat2n, and possibly Bomberman. Maybe SF Ultra 2, Idk, I dont into fightan.

Theres honestly very little reason to use the Nintendo Paid online for the first year unless you're really excited and into those previous games I mentioned on online format instead of couch/public formats where others will have their own switches.

Nintendos paid online, while being objectively fucking awful for even existing just like the other 2 services, has the potential to be the best of the 3.

The d-pad was confirmed absolute garbage by gamexplain themselves.

>>overpriced

>multiplats included
>except they aren't

In such a competitive and increasingly more expensive market that shit is not gonna cut it anymore. It's not just Nintendo that has a problem, consoles in general have made the business too hard to profit from it anymore. When every game needs to make a billion to be considered a succes, and have bigger and riskier budgets. Minecraft and Candy Crush don't take 50 millions to make, and they bring in five times the revenue any solo AAA title brings.

well, the n64 also had like what, 3? I don't remember the exact amount. it might have actually been 2. I only remember buying SM64 and Pilotwings for it.

the question worth asking, is breath of the wild the same kind of killer app as sm64?

Optimization for mobile ITT. That, or the Internet and mods and shieet.

>>Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Ps3
>>Knack
joke
>>Killzone Shadow Fall
double joke
>>Call of Duty: Ghosts
Ps3
>>Resogun
Ps3
>>LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
joke
>>Contrast
joke
>>Skylanders Swap Force
joke
>>Madden 25
PS3
>>FIFA 14
Ps3
>>Need for Speed: Rivals
Ps3
>>Battlefield 4
PS3

who could forget teh wonders of PS4 1st year

>nintentoddlers

PS4 and Xbone didn't launch in the middle of a console cycle and thus didn't need to make people want to buy a new console to begin with, they just had to convince people that their shitty new nogames console is better than the other shitty new nogames console.

Nice post, dude.

>Killer app
>app

Kill yourself.

Also, it's still priced higher than the PS4 and XONE, plus paid online.
That's how they fucked up.

Games with gold is shit
In the same month that they gave away ass creed 2 ps+ gave away black flag

The online service is jewish but the Switch seems to kick Nintendo back in the game.

You can see how people that grew up with the Xbox 360 and PS3 (alias Generation Facebook) only care about graphics and specs.

Games are about GAMEPLAY not about your epic graphics that you can share on your favorie subreddits and instagram.

I hope it's like Skyward Sword where you repeat the same 3 zones twice to pad the second half of the game

>no D-pad in portable mode
They already fuck it up.

"Killer app" has been used longer than phones have been using "app," underage faggot.

>How will they fuck it up?

By being Nintendo. Their brand is already tainted in the eyes of casuals. The vast majority of consumers (including most of Sup Forums) do not care for the quality of a game, they only care if it gets them upvotes on social media. Nintendo does not do that.

What Nintendo really needs to do to "get back in the game" is dump a shitload of money into marketing. That's literally it. They don't need good games, interesting hardware or anything of that sort. That stuff barely makes a difference.

I could do the same for the Switch lineup. Objective fact is that PS4 had more. Not even trying to argue user.

>dump a shitload of money into marketing
They're dumping a lot of money into Universal Studios to get a theme park going.
There's also talks of movie deals.

>Underpowered
Stop this fucking meme, its a handheld and a powerful one when you consider that its a fucking handheld.

It will flop though, nintendos business practice is fucking cancer

>Extra 140€ to play with four friends
>No new smash
Nobody will get this piece of shit, no one

It's the most expensive handheld of all time

THAT'S NOT WHAT NINTENDO NEEDS!

NINTENDO NEEDS GAMES AND MERCHANDISE THAT ISN'T FUCKING AMIIBO.

>an
it has like 2, 3 if you count the assembled controller

Objective fact PS4 had more
Objective fact PS4 was on holiday, not March
Objective fact Switch 1st year have already lined up more exclusive for franchise that easily outsold all PS4 exclusive year on both in quality and quantity

No backwards compatibility and paid online kill it for me. I'll probably buy one eventually, but since I already own a wii u, so I won't be buying one day 1 just for Zelda

Smash will be announced at E3 probably.
But probably just in the vain that Smash 4 was announced, with a teaser and nothing more.

>cheaper
Even if it was a fucking dollar a year, I wouldn't pay for it, out of spite.

>muh opinion
>those games don't count reeeee!