Where do you rank V (GZ and TPP)?

Where do you rank V (GZ and TPP)?

I think it's the best in the series.

>V
>best in the series

This bait isn't even worthy of a (You)

Third best. 3 > 1 > V > 2 > PW > Getting your balls smashed with an hammer > 4

I'd put maybe 3 above it

Well behind MGS1, 2 and 3. Slightly better than PW and 4.

The most disappointing part of V is what it could and should have been. Maybe the most hype and biggest letdown in vidya history.

I enjoyed the mechanics of V, if only there was a little more variety in the environments and enemy arrangement.
I sense at some point in development there was supposed to be dogs.
Even if Konami used the engine to make a completely different stealth game I'd still be interested.
They missed something small but vital however, in the preparation scheme you can choose a huge variety of weapons but often you cant choose nothing at all. There's subsistence but sometimes I just don't want to take a rifle.

There was also a signifcant lack of indoor environments.

I really liked the make your own PMC thing. A game like V based on that concept could be good.

1 = 2 = 3 > V > GB > PW > MG2 > PO > MG1 > Watching everyone you ever cared about dying painfully and slowly before your very eyes and powerless to do anything about it > 4

I think it's worse than 4

1 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 4 > who gives a fuck > PW

It's a good game, just not a good Metal Gear game.

Purely gameplay wise:

2 = 3 > GZ > TPP > 4 > 1 > POOPS > PW

If was the first MGS game I ever played. And it is one of the best games I ever played.
Yes you do the same thing every time but you had many different options to capture the base and you had different types of guns and friends.
The game was fun

I think you're insane

It sucked

It didnt feel like u were infiltrating shit enough, yeah you can purposefully gimp yourself and go all CQC and shit (thats if u can run up to the enemies in reflex mode fast enough which you cant) but realistically the best, and what most players chose option for getting in anywhere is just get a tranquilizer sniper or something and pick people off. The only point where that method gets tricky is near the end when enemies start wearing heavy armor and shit. Stealthing about on MGS1, 2 and 3 feels way more like youre actually sneaking rather than it just being a fucking obvious attack but just because they cant see you directly you get foxhound rank

The soundtracks ok but most of the good songs arent in the game properly or at all, Nuclear doesnt actually play once, heavens divide and that weeb song from peace walker both dont have the lyrics to them.

AND FUCKING PSYCHO MANTIS AND VOLGIN DONT EVEN TALK ONCE BUT HAD REALLY MEMORABLE VOICES IN THEIR GAMES, ELI BARELY TALKS TO AND INSTEAD OF "funny voiced evil british man who has really long RRRRRRRs" hes just "fucking irritating spoiled blonde kid".

Huey for some reason becomes a huge fucking piece of shit, the AI pod shows up and seems important when you get him but it only shows up once more after that.

The boss fights are very few, and they dont feel interesting or like you dont expect them either because every mission has a long ass heli ride with "STARRING: THE SKULL UNIT, TRETIJ REBETNOK, SKULLFACE, THE MAN ON FIRE" and its spoiled the mission and you havent even gotten to actually playing yet. The only one you might not expect is quiets boss fight

1>3>V>2>4

It's really weighed down by what it was suppossed to be, with all the cut content and plot holes never solved becoming obvious.

Plot
3> 2> 1> 5> 4
Gameplay,
5>2> 4> 3> 1
Cast
1> 3> 5> 4> 2
Soundtrack
3> 2>4>1> 5
Visuals/atmosphere
5>4> 2> 3> 1
Overall
3>5> 2>1> 4

For the record, I don't hate 4. I love all metal gear solid games. But 4 excelled in no category but visuals till 5 came along. 4's returning cast (including the metal gears and shadow moses) led to feels along with the final boss fight and first five minutes of the epilogue - but nothing else about that game sticks out to me anymore.

Good to see 4 getting absolutely shit on, like it fucking deserves.
I didn't play metal gear at the time, but to see that follow snake eater must have been painful.

What's wrong with 4? It's the first MG game I played

I above you, I still don't hate 4 nor view it as a bad mgs. It just felt incredibly rushed in a non development way (like 5) but story way
> bet 3 finally got you interested in the world of metal gear beyond solid snake huh?
> lol fuck it, tired of this series. Let's conclude the whole fucking thing. Enjoy the ending and hope you think meryl marrying a legitimate shitter is how you wanted her back

It's just not a good point to end the series.

It was pretty painful. Literally took all that was interesting in 2 and 3 and shat all over it. Fuck 4.

2 > 1 > 3 > PW > 4 > 5

why's that?

Fuck 4

3=2>1>>>>>>>V>4>PW

>PW better than any of them
Your bloodline is weak.

MGS4 has the best gameplay in the series. It's just for the rampant goddamn cutscenes that spoil the move. Thanks Kojima.

4 is my favorite i don't know why it's so hated here.

I think its 10/10

Really? You can't even begin to comprehend why some might have a problem with 4's "game"play?

Inb4
>I played MGO2 a ton so it's fine

Nice argument?

It stops pretending to be a stealth game past Act 2.

>Joost
What kind of maniac wants to be a gaijin in Japan.
I can't even imagine how they treat you on a daily basis.

and it's still god awful

>everyone hating pw
say what you will but that game was incredibly comfy

the biggest complaint i have with it was no crawling

2>3=GZ>1=4>V>PW

Robin Atkin Downes>Sutherland>Hayter

It was minuscule

ground zeroes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the phantom pain