I'm convinced I love games but no games live up to my standards anymore

I'm convinced I love games but no games live up to my standards anymore.

I was cooling on vidya lately and figured I was losing interest and then I played AM2R and holy fucking shit that game's so FUCKING good. I don't want to call it perfect, but it's pretty fucking close.

torrent/15573756/AM2R_V1.1

im sorry but its just shit

thanks for the lostboy.exebtw

>implying

Lol this game is fucking trash it's so obvious this wasn't made by Nintendo and its objectively garbage because of it

y tho?

It's garbage BECAUSE it wasn't made by Ninty or it's garbage AND it wasn't made by Ninty?

It was a good Metroid game, not sure Nintendo could've done better.

Metroid 2 is a badly designed game.

Better than Zero Mission

It was great.

Garbage because Nintendo didn't make it are u retarded anything not made by Nintendo is trash they are only devs worth a shit

>no games live up to my standards
>expecting us to believe and old ass metroidvania is the best game you've ever played
Nice shilling OP

I'm willing to entertain that it was nostalgia for a beloved series.

Of course after I wrote the OP a bunch of shit came back to me that I loved that was new to me. Kirby Robobot, X3:TC/AP, and Revelator.

>Robobot
You're ok, OP

>no games live up to my standards
Of course nothing new lives up to your standards if, you know, you don't play new fucking games instead of shitpost about them
Delete this thread you retard

>stuck in the airport all day
>ended up playing Super Metroid from start to finish
Its not perfect, but god damn that is a good ass video game tho.

You really can't go wrong with a Metroid game. Just make sure you don't overdose on too much at once because every game is relatively the same as the last.

I forgot how Metroid Prime was literally just Super Metroid in a 3d space.

>it's so obvious this wasn't made by Nintendo and its objectively garbage because of it

You are objectively retarded

I don't know what Grade-A talent they have working on Kirby, but they consistently turn out good content with that series. Even the weird ones are ace. Dream Course, Canvas Curse, even more traditional stuff like Robobot. They fucking nail it. Crystal Shards is really the only misstep I can think of, I didn't play 2 or 3 though.

Is this just an updated skin for metroI'd 2?

>You really can't go wrong with a Metroid game.
You could play Fusion.Good ass game, but no replay once you get your run time down to 2h.

I never thought any Metroid game had stellar replay value. Just with how those games are made.

Fusion is so fucking weird, with such a cool setting. I know everyone hates on that one for being so linear, but I probably love that one as much as Super.

Don't know if bait, but if serious, it's a pretty significant overhaul dude.

Structure is the same (explore, kill metroids, move on), but the map, upgrades, upgrade system, gameplay, and engien are all totally different. There are a dew more metroids than the original and the upgrade collection works like the regular games, where upgrades are additive instead of replacements.

>Delete this thread you retard

You can't delete your own threads anymore.

Maybe I've played Fusion too much but I know that game like the back of my foreskin.

I don't hate the linearity, I just hate the map highlighter since they could have just made the linearity work like every other game where you can't get to NOC until you go kill Serris because you need speed boost to get past this barrier" instead of lame-ass Adam.

Fucking loved this fan remake. It's the Metroid game I've wanted for years and no matter how many flaws it has, is leagues better than Federation Force.

>I never thought any Metroid game had stellar replay value

That's a pretty stupid thing to think. You do realize the speed running community's first flagship was Super Metroid, yes?

It helps that Kirby has a large fanbase but not a vocally rabid one, so Nintendo isn't afraid to experiment. They've tried more new things with that property than any other one.

Oh I understand it. Im just not into playing it over and over in that way.

I've never understood the whole speed running mentality, myself.

>Play game
>Game shows me my complete time
>"Hmm I wonder if I can do it faster?"
>"Whoa I didn't think I could make that jump when I first played!"

Lo and behold.