Forgotten Lore

Hey Sup Forums, I'm developing an online trading card game called Forgotten Lore. The big thing in the game is that every single card is a unique Steam Inventory item that is both tradable and marketable with no strings attached (except for the starter deck).

Devblogs: forgotten-lore.com/
Steam page: store.steampowered.com/app/391240

Just dropping by to get some opinions on the game so far. I'm wrapping up Early Access over the next few months and getting ready for the full release, so I could really use some feedback from you guys. If you post your steam profile URL in your post I can give your account the game (via a script I have running on this thread) so you can try it out and fight against each other, or me.

Would love to hear suggestions, criticisms, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/cuckinthemiddlewithyou/
steamcommunity.com/id/asd8gdfasdd/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138046495/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043422325/
steamcommunity.com/id/blazdem/
konami.com/yugioh/duel_links/en/
steamcommunity.com/id/LaoShanLong
steamcommunity.com/id/raymoopits
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089679897/
steamcommunity.com/id/junecaprsa
steamcommunity.com/id/1707996180025
steamcommunity.com/id/z611
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049227271
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134330117
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081362512
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078380612
steamcommunity.com/id/nixx44
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070654607
steamcommunity.com/id/Legault
steamcommunity.com/id/Sigmunnd/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

second hand markets ruin irl tcgs, I don't know what to think of a secondhand market for a virtual one.

Force the game to drop rare cards for me that I can sell OP, thanks!

Does your game have instants/instant speed or something equivalent?

It's been considered, but at the moment no.

why would i play your game

Does this game have lore?

include me in the screencap

It's f-fun

Mechanics such as the different Tomes changing the way your manager management is done is actually pretty clever and makes each game play a bit differently. Lots of different cards with effects not seen in other games that keep this new system in account is pretty fun.

Then I hate to break it to you but nobody's going to play your game. It won't be engaging enough for MTG players who want an online TCG but don't want to deal with MTGO jewery, and it's too late to try and cash in on Hearthstone players because they all are either balls-deep in HS or are playing Shadowverse instead.

I got a key from you months ago but I still haven't played yet

Sorry dev guy

friend

That's a huge strike against it in my book.
Does it at the very least have a more engaging resource system than the (now-)typical "gain 1 mana a turn" snorefest HS perpetuated?

>random mana system
>"engaging"

steamcommunity.com/id/cuckinthemiddlewithyou/

I knew once, but I forgot.

ded gam

There were two deck types you could choose from, when I last played.
>Gain 3 mana every turn
>trash cards from hand to get half their mana cost
There is no mana cap, and it doesn't reset, so for example you could play the first deck type and do nothing for few turns to amass 10+ mana.

>HS babbies complain about random mana in spite of the literal hundreds of mana fixing cards printed in the game
>they play a game where a sizable portion of the cards in the game have completely random effects even though real card games relegate random effects to joke cards

Opinions I guess. You should try out the game and see what you like and dislike about it and just let me know. There are multiple mana systems in play depending on how you set up your deck. Each has a different playstyle and there are more planned.

hearthstone is trash too daddy-o

nice freudian slip on "mana fixing cards" even you on some level understand random resource system is an issue

steamcommunity.com/id/asd8gdfasdd/

I want to apologize because I got a key back in April and relegated it to my backlog.

does this game do the same bullshit like hearthstone and all its clones where the attacking player gets to choose targets? I think that one mechanic is more responsible than anything else for these games always turning into mindless aggro.

aren't you that loser who hosted those gay Sup Forums minecraft servers?

why haven't you killed yourself yet?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198138046495/
Love the idea, just hope the game isnt SHIT

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198043422325/

I'm down.

It's literally not an issue. Go ahead and watch any top-level play, you will never see a match where someone playing a deck with a proper number of lands gets mana fucked. Apparently you don't know how to shuffle a deck.

i wish there would be a game thats like yugioh
or vanguard

too many magic-likes

I miss old Yugioh. I don't like all the XYZ stuff and normal, non-effect monsters being worthless trash.

Defender chosing blockers isn't perfect either, game comes to a halt untill somebody draws a tiebreaker that forces bad trades for the defender

Lane systems like in duel of champions is honestly the perfect compromise

Speaking of Yugioh, didn't a mobile game just come out in US? Duel Links, I think

Mana weaving is forbidden by official tournament rules

yeah its filled with konami jewery though so no one plays it

You don't have to cheat to shuffle your cards properly.

steamcommunity.com/id/blazdem/

What? Since fucking when?

Fuck Konami.

There's no such thing as "shuffling properly" unless you're expressely trying to affect the distribution of cards, which is explicitely forbidden.

Random is random.

Found the site, konami.com/yugioh/duel_links/en/

Apparently they changed the base life points to 4000 and decreased the monster and spell/trap zones to 3 instead of 5.

Shuffling is literally never random. That is a physical impossibility unless you make a robot that selects cards with a random number generator and stacks them up individually.

Watch some videos on proper shuffling methods. If you shuffle properly then cards will always be evenly distributed and you'll generally have one land per three cards at the minimum which is more than enough.

>(now-)typical "gain 1 mana a turn" snorefest HS perpetuated?

THANK you. Shit fucking sucks. Can indie games at least avoid being as bland, uninspired, and derivative as AAA? If your game is "like X meets Y" or "X with a twist", I don't want to fucking play it.

So are keys going out? I posted my profile. OP said it was via a script.

It appears in your library without any notice.

Oh shit, nevermind. I didn't even notice it was in my library. Thanks. Let's give it a try.

steamcommunity.com/id/LaoShanLong

steamcommunity.com/id/raymoopits

ill try it out

OP came to the wrong board if he wants people who like videogames to play his game.

We like good games, not the casual trash you play.

Card title text (name of the card in the middle on the banner)
Needs an outline like this;

WE WERE SO FUCKING CLOSE, but the devs decided to focus more on all the money they get from Fate/GO.
Someone find some programmers or the YGOpro chinks and help me out here

Is path of exile casual?

>only two skeletons
New skeleton when?

>Are ARPGs casual?

Do I really have to answer that question?

when the attacker gets to choose targets it means that any kind of card with a useful effect like prodigal sorceror or llanowar elf will never last more than 1 turn. it means that any card left alive at the end of your turn can be used as removal against your own cards, and dumbs the game down to a simplistic value trading game.

>calling Diablo clones "ARPG"
Spotted the real casual

Cool thanks user. Glad you don't think so. It makes me feel a lot better about my tastes.

On the flipside, not being able to choose what to attack means you need to run a bunch of removal in your deck.

Which means deckbuilding has more to it than just "stuff your deck full of goodstuff or stuff your deck full of combo cards that can go off in one turn"

FISSURE
I
S
S
U
R
E

Oh, sorry. "Click clicky yay you win a prize!" games, then. Definitely for epicureans who only enjoy refined gaming experiences.

Everything feels good in Denial Land!

Does it have waifus? This is very important

No I agree that Diablo clones are boring grinding games, but only retards think ARPG means "Diablo clone"

Last I played, Fissure Ramp was the meta decks. Is it still the best there is?

how do you guys get the link to work? my profile just gives numbers not the id/name in link. i never use steam its garbage but want to help this user test

Others posted number links too. It'll work.

auto added to your library if you post your steam link here.

Tell us when it does, I might be interested then.

Otherwise I really can't stand games that pull from the hearthstone school of card design. Give us fucking interactions.

Oh, is there some console game like Devil May Cry that you think is way more sophisticated than Diablo? *unnecessarily long farting noise*

>NOW THIS IS CARD GAMES graphics setting

Nice OP.

Seems like a neat idea, looks kinda like fun. I'm sure it will do reasonably well.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198089679897/

Games like Souls, The Witcher, Ys, games where the action is more of a focus than the RPG mechanics.

Is this Bad Rats #2

steamcommunity.com/id/junecaprsa

steamcommunity.com/id/1707996180025

steamcommunity.com/id/z611

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049227271

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198134330117

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198081362512

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078380612

steamcommunity.com/id/nixx44

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070654607

But that's wrong, hearthstone decks are not goodstuff decks

If anything, Eternal, which is a complete magic ripoff in mechanics, is dominated by goodstuff decks

The point is that card design is an important factor and base mechanics do not dictate what deckbuilding will look like

Hey OP, I have a pretty decent twitch following if you want me to stream the game lmk if you're at that point.

by pretty decent I mean small (like 60-80 viewer average)

All three of those are simply RPGs with real-time as opposed to turn-based combat systems. That's so broadly defined that it's meaningless. Might as well say RTRPG and TBRPG. Anything more complex than "here are a few background numbers that don't really matter, now press A to hit with your sword!" is not an ARPG.

The "A" in ARPG is short for "not really A"

Sounds fun, willing to give it a shot.

steamcommunity.com/id/Legault

It's cool if you want to.

I mean. Ok I guess

I'm not a fan of MtG's mana system by any means. I simply asked if there was anything better in-development than passively gaining mana.
And regardless of the question, lands are still far better than HS's system. Though I'd personally prefer something like Force of Will's system.

Nah, your definition is even more retarded and wasn't even used until marketers started pushing it because of the derogatory implications of the other common names for the genre (Diablo clone and hack n' slash RPG), just like with "MOBA"

alright i'll stream some in about 2 hours. haven't tried it yet so it'll be a fresh experience

Ok, then by YOUR definition Diablo and Dark Souls belong in the same subgenre. That doesn't seem absurd to you?

I haven't played hearthstone in a while but I remember at least one deck that was basically nothing but stalling and playing 2 for 1 or better cards.

Tried it out and it seems like it could be fun but the UI is getting in my way more than helping. Seriously the menus are fucking awful, not only looking but interacting with them and their fuckery is driving me crazy.

>1 deck

Wow myth fucking busted I guess good job

Diablo does not belong in that genre at all because Diablo is 99% numbers and stats and 1% action. Same goes for a game like Morrowind or Skyrim. It's pretty clear-cut.

Are the servers down for this game? The main menu is stuck continually connecting to steam.

Can you be more specific? The main menu or in game? What exactly don't you like? Are things buggy?

>doesn't like resources for his card games
>complains about all existing resources

Try restarting Steam.

Hey, I've played your game before and I want to see how it is right now so here's my id:

steamcommunity.com/id/Sigmunnd/

What happens if you have a hundred+ cards, each one being a steam inventory item. Wouldn't it be a nightmare to have to plow through your steam inventory clogged up by several dozen cards?

Inventory items are filtered by game.

Why the fuck isn't every resolution supported???

It lets you chose any 16:9 your monitor support. Will work on making it fit any aspect ratio, sorry for now.

Whoops. I was thinking of actual steam 'trading cards' - Y'now, the ones where you get a few just for having the game running? My bad.

>reading comprehension

OP If you want someone to write lore or card descriptions for the game let me know. Think MtG where there is a line or two of lore text on each card. Helps the player to feel something for your pixel cards and rare cards feel more powerful. Would also lessen the amount of empty space on your thread picture.

I'm just really annoyed it looks blurry as shit on my 16:10 monitor.