Battles load in 3 seconds compared to Silver Star's instant load

>battles load in 3 seconds compared to Silver Star's instant load
>WD arbitrarily made saving cost ability points
>WD also arbitrarily increased stats on most enemies
Please tell me this game is actually worth slogging through. I just finished Silver Star and loved it a lot.

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue/Regional_Differences
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Deal with it. Eternal Blue is better than Silver Star. It is more challenging, so sometimes you're going to either need to grind or need a little bit of luck.

>>WD arbitrarily made saving cost ability points
Playstation version doesn't have that issue.

I hope it's worth it. I'm holding off on playing SSSC to play this first.

if you're just going to play the remakes, just go play them

EBC especially doesn't have many differences in the plot. You're better off just playing that anyway.

Guess I should also ask this while the thread is up. When WD released the Lunar games, what did people think of the localization at the time? For example, if this was put in today, people would call for blood.

Nah, most Lunar fans said to play the SCD versions first then the remakes. I ended up getting original copies, and it's fun to play them on the real hardware.

>EB better than SS
I always thought I was the only one.

That bathing scene tho

hey guys

>When WD released the Lunar games, what did people think of the localization at the time? For example, if this was put in today, people would call for blood.
Some of it seemed a little weird, but I didn't know anything about translation and localization back then so I didn't give it much thought. And yes, I am angered when blatant rewrites happen nowadays.

Could you replay the games today without getting mad?

Nobody really knew any better until the internet came around.

People either love or hate Working Designs these days. But you know, if not for the liberal translation, I don't think anybody would have given a damn about Lunar.

Yes, I've replayed them since learning about all of the changes. Things really stand out, but nostalgia is a hell of a thing. I can give a pass to old stuff like this, but my standards for new releases are different.

I'm not one of them. I am someone who would consider EBC to just be roughly the same as EB, but generally better. Not much changes. Just play EBC.

It's mostly in TSS -> SSSC that things are dramatically different.

If you just want the novelty of playing on the original platforms, that is fine too; since EB/EBC aren't that much different. But that doesn't address your explicit concerns.

Lunar, yes.

Vay with its magical farting fairies that will give you a game over if you don't buy gas masks for each of your party members? No.

I'm not really sure if I love or hate WD. I hate rewrites and forced inserted humor, but I thought every aspect of Sega CD Silver Star was really good (except the encounter rate). I even laughed at some of the tone of the characters, especially Nall's when you try to sell key items.
I do absolutely hate WD's arbitrary changes for EB. When I first started EB, I couldn't believe it costed to save. Then I read the manual, read the translation note at the end, and got pretty mad.

Well if the loading times and saving really get on my nerves, I'll just play EBC then.

Did WD seriously add that in? Is there a page for Vay changes kind of like this?
tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue/Regional_Differences

>no fun allowed

You're probably one of those ass eating faggots that is upset you had to buy the mask

>Did WD seriously add that in?

I saw sections of the Japanese playthrough and it was different. They also added fart noises in cutscenes.

>Is there a page for Vay changes kind of like this?

Sadly not that I know of, I'd love to see it though.

You get a party member in the dungeon on the way to the farting fairy, so you had to backtrack to town and buy another mask for her, otherwise your party members would kill each other (game over) by fighting over the masks. It was a pain in the ass and totally out of place in a medieval RPG.

So what is the right order to play the best ones?

For the Sega CD, few people tended to have them and those that did were happy such games came across at all.

Playstation versions? It was the post FFVII time of people heavily being into JRPGs so they just lapped things up. Looking back, they did a lot of changes that seemed arbitrary but they were one of the few people who brought out big LE sets of JRPGS way before such things would become more common later.

Their role in history: same as the Samurai Pizza Cat guys.