youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU
youtube.com/watch?v=pIIkYwT5NZY
youtube.com/watch?v=QYjIVYKrNDU
youtube.com/watch?v=7WMO86QslXM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty hard to top honestly.

Isn't this the only modern beat'em up?

I can't but I will play devil's advocate

Bayonetta 2 is a better and more well designed game than god hand in every aspect

I beg to differ since they are 2 different beasts. But I can safely say god hand's setups are more satisfying than umbral climax

Surely there has been some that tops score of 30?

Tfw you're right and I just couldn't think of a better beat em up

This

Yakuza series (sorry had to play devil's advocate) god hand is the shit tho

I still don't understand why it doesn't have a lock-on button and instead has autolocking?

Minor complaint really, the game's great fun once you get the hang of the controls. Too bad Mikami's retired from game directing now.

You could easily name a better action game in general, but god hand does a lot of cool and unique stuff and really can't be replaced by anything else.

OP btfo

>autolocking

Auto-targeting I mean.

God Hand is old as fuck by now. But it is still unmatched.

Sure, no problem. Here you go

And dmc4 or dmc3 are better and more well designed games than bayonetta 2 or 1 in every aspect

I think Yakuza 0 is a better beat em up in the sense it feels more like a modern version of old 2D beat em ups than God Hand does.

God Hand is still my favorite game though. (Tied with killer7)

youtube.com/watch?v=XIre8NWtoAs

Best soundtrack ever.

any beat em up that doesn't require menu switching bullshit.

Man I wish I could replay this on an emulator. I want to see how cuhrayzee I can get with it.

No.

Takada is probably the best video game composer, but that's not his best work.

Underrated game

Obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=SFSen7DRQWU

That's a slash em' up though.

i mean if yakuza counts then that by a mile tbhhh

>mindless button masher
>being a better beat em up than GH

I mean, Yakuza offers much more than pure brawling, so for many Yakuza might be a better package. But it has never had particularly good combat.

>Ninja Gaiden
>slash 'em up
There's an actual genre for this, you don't need to mash words together to make your point

yakuza 0's combat is legitimately good

not so much mindless button mashing

True. yakuza's gameplay is pretty normal. Still a good game

Hack n slash

good game but not really better than GH.

God Hand would be better if you could replay stages.

Lots of moves are kinda useless.

It's a cool and fun game though.

DMC3 is better.

>setups
what exactly do you mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=pIIkYwT5NZY
youtube.com/watch?v=QYjIVYKrNDU

God hand reporting in

I can't really think of any other games that I would describe as a 3D beat em up,but if we're just comparing it to games like DMC and Bayonetta, then it is arguably the best. I just wish you could replay levels and that you didn't lose all of your moves when you go into NG+.

Yeah this is the one thing that prevents me from really sinking my teeth into this game.

I loved just replaying stages in DMC3, 4, Bayo, W101

And I get used to all the abilities you can buy. My save in Bayo 1 is 4 years old, and I've never made a new one.

CARD GONE WILD

youtube.com/watch?v=7WMO86QslXM

is this kino?

>PS2
>modern

God Hand is retro.

Sixth gen isn't retro yet retard.

The only distinction between beat-em-ups and hack & slashes is unarmed combat vs armed combat. For all intents and purposes, it's the same.

i think he meant you directly assign moves and combinations to your buttons however you like

it's been 15 years faggot

daily reminder that there is simply no better, more satisfying, and ___fun___ game

Read /vr/ rules faggot

Daily reminder that fun is a buzzword.

God hand gameplay plus asura's wrath cinematics would make me cum buckets

daily reminder that fun is subjective but nevertheless god hand remains appreciated, only if by a tiny community

Everytime these kind of threads are made there are people who come in here and talk all technical but when I go to youtubes and such there's only two people who put out anything for GodHand that would be considered high level, so where the fuck are you people coming from?

You might say something stupid like, "I play for fun and don't need to put out content" but the people who play these games are autistic and creative. I highly doubt they would get good at a game then have nothing to show after long hours of studying and training.

So I ask again, who the fuck are you people?

>2006
>modern

Sup Forumsr doesn't want the sixth gen because that would open the gates to even more shitposting and people who shun down older games. But that doesn't mean that God Hand and other games or its generation aren't so old that they can/could be considered retro.

>tfw no one makes beat em ups anymore except indie games who try too hard to be edgy and platinum who remakes dmc over and over

At least Streets of Rage Remake is relatively recent and it's a great game. There's also Dragon's Crown and that River City Ransom game for the 3DS.

>tfw beat em up fag
>all these recommendations

hahahaha thanks