youtube.com/watch?v=12_HqF-GF-o
youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=h4kvGqPLiZY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

XC is goat.

Neither. Both are shit.

XC, mostly because XCX dropped the ball with the skells and the writing

XC is bestest.

Xenoblade, only retards play RPGs for the gameplay.

XC

Shulk's game

XCX isn't even a Xenoblade game. It has no story. The characters are dry. The music is garbage. It has none of the soul of XB and XB2.

Xenoblade 2

Which ones has mechs?

Just when I thought Sup Forums had shit taste, you guys prove me wrong. Thanks Sup Forumsroskis. Who's hype for XC2?

X

The best sense of exploration and non-linearity I've ever felt in a video game

I like them both but I'm in the minority and give XCX the edge.

I actually like the story and interpreted the ending without a cliffhanger. Also, aside from he music in NLA, this game has the best soundtrack I have heard in a game in years.

Blade is the better game, but X improves greatly on the overall gameplay.

>Zanza holding a long speech about morality, life, philosophy and godhood

Jesus Christ Klaus, you're a fucking weeaboo scientist, get off your high horse.

The one getting a sequel

Xenoblade is hands-down one of the best games ever made and by far the better game, but X also has a lot to offer with its vastly different, even more sci-fi-esque setting, and for that it can't be missed either.
Really just play the whole series, Monolith knocks it out of the park either way.

I like X more.

I love them both.

People who hate XCX are seriously missing out. I feel bad for them.

I want to be hype, but I can't get over how bad JUST-kun looks compared to Shulk and I feel like Homura's going to be the new potato face meme character.

I like both for very different reasons.

XC is the better game but I enjoyed XCX more cause I'm a faggot who loves to roleplay and mess around in in-game worlds. XCX was fucking amazing for this

I think I preferred Chronicles linearity better. Constantly moving forward in to new areas really made it feel like a journey unlike X which had you return to the same place after every mission.

I love them both but I think X wins out in the end. While X's main storyline sucked, it had some of the best side missions I've experiences since the earl Elder Scrolls games. Not to mention the world design being some of the best out there when it comes to open world games.

I only played around 40 hours of XC, and I have around 150+ hours on X.

This, but I love XC too.

You can't compare them, they're essentially different genres.

>Jesus Christ Klaus, you're a fucking weeaboo scientist, get off your high horse.

I really liked how Klaus was just kind of a dick. No tragic backstory, no grand goals, just "this little prick managed to piggyback into godhood off of the science team's work and that's the end of that"

Poor Meyneth

XC. XCX only has better gameplay and for JRPGs, gameplay isn't as important as in other genres.

>X improves on the gameplay, world, sidequests, immensely as opposed to the slight decline in storytelling, which isn't even bad as much as its unconventional.
Your taste is beyond shit and you can't discern between what's actually quality and your feelings.

I loved XCX until I unlocked my Skell 30 hours in and the combat became garbage/everything I had done up to that point with my character became pointless

What the fuck were they thinking?

Is this true? Can't you just play as your team and not use a Skell?

I just used the skell to get to places I couldn't on foot, then dismounted.

The game never MADE you use them for any more than that.

nigga all it means is they prefer a more "classic" feel to their jrpgs, damn

No X's story is actually that bad and non-existent. In the final mission you have characters talking, discussing implications what they're doing, philosophy, character development, stuff that's utterly absent from the rest of the game.

>Gwin told us Irina is tired of life and trying to kill herself!

Shit comes completely out of nowhere, and if Irina is standing right there she doesn't even react.

Skells weren't that bad and exploration wasn't really ruined since you didn't have the flight module until chapter 9.

They should've worked more on the driving physics though.

X's main quest is supposed to be complemented with the side quests and affinity quests, that's why you're supposed to do those first when available.

There's even some post-game affinity quests that clear up some questions.

Wether you like a more classic or moder jrpg is not the issue here. XBCX had a ton of issues. First off, the god-awful story, combined with the horrendous pacing because you need level requirements to play a chapter. XB let's you make the game as easy or as hard as you want, you can level/quest grind as much or as little as you want and tackle bosses either over or under leveled. The Skell combat felt wonky as well as poor implementation of cockpit time, which is RNG bullshit. Overdrive is super easy to abuse, making battles trivial. Music is vastly inferior to XB. I could go on about the potato faces, the censorship, the localization,etc,etc

This. Imagine just playing Skyrim do defeat Alduin through the main questline and ignoring the other 500 hours of the game, including the world building and lore establishing.

>Which is the better game?

I've surveyed all of Mira, those affinity quests and heart-to-hearts don't fill in nearly as much as you guys think they do. All the xeno integration is great, but it's not an excuse to completely remove all main story and characterization.

I finished Chronicles and was done with it then and there for the most part. I still get the desire to revisit and explore X's world every now and again.

That aside, both games set out accomplish different things and I think they both do them great.

>disc 2

I hate how people will give the "it's incomplete!" pass to Gears' shortcomings but not X's.

I know this question gets asked a lot but fuck you, I'm asking again.
Should I play Xenoblade on the Wii or the N3DS?

Play it on the Wii/Wii U if you have either.

Wii because the nunchucks are comfy as fuck.

Emulation if possible
Then Wii
I love Xenoblade but would not recommend 3DS version for such a large game, especially with the audio downgrade.

Emulate it.

The N3DS is a pretty good port given the hardware that it's on (and hey it's nice having a zillion hour game on a handheld) but it's also a really beautiful game emulating it lets you enjoy that aspect more.

The first one, and it isn't a close contest at all.

Dolphin emulator.

I wish XCX's Nopon mascot was as great as Riki. Fuck man I can't even remember the fucker's name, that's how forgettable he was.

Overall XC is probably the better game. But personally I prefer X because the exploration/world design is goat.

Music XB > XBC
Art design XB = XBC
Story XB > XBC
Gameplay XB

>forgeting the best party member

LETS EAT TATSU

>X's main quest is supposed to be complemented with the side quests and affinity quests
Fuck off. They're completely disconnected. Imagine my surprise when I actually found a piece of the Lifehold to the north of Primordia (the things the whole plot revolves around) and could do absolutely nothing with it, only to then later do a mission where we find another piece of the lifehold that then gets blown up immediately. Only later did I find out that you have to do a specific sidequest to actually do anyhting with it.

Post 10/10 Xenoblade songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=12_HqF-GF-o

youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY

XCX, flaws and all, is my favorite Xeno game. I love the world of this game.

Who else mained a female in XCX and used Fiora's voice?

>it'll be another five years before we see this poor bastard again

N3ds, because portability.

what is he doing?

youtube.com/watch?v=h4kvGqPLiZY
Underrated piece

How did Xenogears do a fated romance so well? Fei and Elly's millennia spanning love story is easily one of the very best in games.
Probably because Xenogears has a lot more to carry it. It's also not a centerpiece in any console wars.

Was planning to do that if I ever replay the game.

The sidequests and world of X blow Xenoblade's out six ways to Sunday. I love how much the game gives to the other alien cultures and the huge culture shock as all the races mix together in NLA.

What kind of hardware do you need to emulate XC properly? I remember reading about massive audio issues, have those been fixed?

They're both great.

There is no reason to try and make one seem worse than the other.

This seems like subtle flamewar bait to me.

Feel good knowing Monolith helped in the development of Breath of the Wild.

because Gears was at least enjoyable in disc 1 while X was terrible from the beginning

XCX is a great game held down by its story and music which is a big turn off. Its gameplay however is very impressive and is the only reason I'm still playing it. From a gameplay perspective XCX is a better "game" and by that I mean it has better gameplay elements than any other rpg I've ever played but from a realistic perspective XC has a great mix of everything (gameplay, sound design, pacing, Environments, story) which puts XC a tier above XCX

mashed potato

Fucking hate this angsty emo piece of shit. I hate his voice, too.

Nemesis is cute

I keep reading Xenoblade has a great story, and there's definitely more effort put into a main story, but the story of Xenoblade is an extremely generic JRPG anime story about teenagers fighting the evil empire only to find out God was behind it all along now fight God.

Much better designed "girl mech" than the dumpster fire that was Vierge lmao

>make superweapon
>it's pink with a ponytail
>makes hearts when you bonk things
>"nobody else can pilot this fag shit, let's give it to that axewound Van Houten"

Well executed stories don't have to be groundbreaking.

>characters are fun and engaging
>Voice acting is great
>Motivations and characterization is clear and consistent
>Plot is well paced despite the possibility for 10 hour lulls between cutscenes at any point
>Cutscenes are amazingly well directed
>Music is incredible

It's not Malazan, but it's a well-told simple story and that's a lot more than what 90% of the industry can even hope to reach.

The story isn't amazing, but the writing and execution is very on point. Shulk as a protagonist is refreshing despite the archetype he falls into simply because his initial motivation is pure revenge.

XC is a solid 7.5/10 while XCX is an 7/10.

Despite all the QOL improvments, it had unforgivable monster pop-in while flying with skell near the ground plus skells in general sucked.

They are still 2 worthy JRPGs, just not godlike like Dragon Quest VIII, Demon's Souls or Final Fantasy XII.

XC by a long shot. Maybe censoring X so that people wouldn't buy it was the right decision.

Also the story and 49 "let's cook tatsu" jokes.

>Elly is a serious military girl for the evil nazi faction
>But she pilots an incredibly girly gear, much girlier than she herself ever actually is
Who's idea was that?

>Dragon Quest VIII
>godlike
Yup
>Demon's Souls
>godlike
Yup
>Final Fantasy XII
>godlike
LOL

I can't think of a single thing that FFXII does better than XC

>"let's cook tatsu" jokes.

This got old, but Lin is literally a 13-year-old girl. Tons of kids repeat stupid shit because they think it's funny every time.

I have no idea, but for a game that was otherwise pretty good about design, Vierge wasn't very immersive. Miang's gear and Crescens were noticeably feminine and much more aesthetic.

I'd give XII world layout and design but XC isn't far behind but everything else XC destroys it in, although to be fair XII definitely pioneered, for better or for worse, the "offline MMO" approach to a JRPG.

The problem is that it actively drained tension from some scenes. It's hard to take a scene where a girl takes mind-altering drugs to fight for people she doesn't like against a man she hates having to fight out of a misplaced sense of loyalty seriously when the ultimately quite sweet and caring girl now viciously fighting, hurling racial slurs and pseudo-nazi ideology is doing so from within the fucking pink power ranger.
Vierge also just looks weird next to all the other gears. Some of them are ornate, but like a traditional suit of ceremonial armor that suggests their age. Not like a barbie doll.
It also just doesn't fit Elly. She's not a girly girl. She's a practical woman ready to fight and die for what she believes in.
I think I'm done now.

I wish X had FFXII's straight up JOOCY lore dumps. Most of X's stuff can be categorized as "flavor text" whereas XII's extraneous info contributed heavily to worldbuilding.

That's pretty much what I meant by immersive, but you did a better job of articulating it.

WHAT
A
BUNCH
OF
JOKERS

You can say whatever the fuck you want about X, but if you've played it you can't deny that this mother fucker has the best fight of both games.

>Couldn't even have them join your party.
Such wasted potential.

This too, fucking hell. I'm a 1000% sure they were supposed to but since the game a shift in development you couldn't do shit.

Still, it was a god tier fight.

Pretty much this.

I like XC but I like XCX a tad more.

I preferred the fight against Egil because you see a vision of him hitting his sword against Mechonis. Pretty cool.

I recently got XCX and its pretty fun, the only thing that puts me off is how in quests where collectables are needed they are not marked on the map. I know this encourages exploration but some places seem hard to navigate and i dont even have a skell yet, so it would be nice to have the general area they spawn marked. I also have a noob question, say i wanna progress through the story missions and complete them all, once i do, other missions such as affinity ones will still be obtainable or soe might disappear due to how the story will play out?

That fight only needed to have a theme of its own to become really great.

The wrotihans fight had the two standard bosses themes playing but it had buildup when phase two started (also the only instance of good sound design in the whole game)

The only possible missable shit in the game are the special dialogue options when you've boosted your affection with support characters and even then its only one character that can potentially be missed for one or two conversations. All items/skills/missions can not be missed permanently.

alright, and another thing, how do i get more probes, besides finding ones around in wreckage or whatnot. Im in desperate need of storage probes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

You gotta be more efficient with them. Otherwise, that's about it. Just find more. Maybe a few quests give them to you. Its been a while since I've played so I can't really remember.

>Characters
XC >> XX
>Story
XC >> XX
>Gameplay
XX >> XC
>FUN
XX >> XC

This.