Is the monkey island price rule still relevant in the age of $120 pre-order games...

Is the monkey island price rule still relevant in the age of $120 pre-order games, $50 season passes and $60 GOTY editions?

I can usually still get away with it, yea.

More than ever. Pre-inflation.

Will Monkey Island ever come back.
1 and 2 were great.
3 was alright.
4 was bad and anything after was shit.

Yup

last I heard, Ron Gilbert wanted to buy back the monkey island (and maniac mansion) rights from disney and make another one

Yes.

I usually pay 20 to 30 € for a physical game.
Patience is king.

>buying back a license from the Mouse

Good fucking luck.

yeah but lucasarts was shutdown, they're not making games

I never buy a game unless it's at least 50% off, or if it's under $10.

You have to be an idiot to pay full price for games nowadays. And if you're thinking "Have fun waiting months for a game and getting it when the community is dead": If a game is so shitty that its community will be dead within months, then it's not worth the purchase.

This, he better starts making games with notGuybrush and notLeChuck, because the mouse will make progressive pirate movies with them.

This nigga gets it.

Also
>You'll have the story spoiled if you wait that long!

Gameplay is what carries a game.

Video game writing is always garbage. Even then, if a story relies solely on a twist to be interesting, then it's shit. I bet you all knew Darth Vader was Luke's father before watching the original Star Wars movies but you still enjoyed them.

I play video games solely for the story, since I played a game made by Ron Gilbert.
I already know every video game trope and game mechanic, so the story is the only reason to bother with a new game.

>Have fun waiting months for a game and getting it when the community is dead
>You'll have the story spoiled if you wait that long!
As always: The Internet was and still is the biggest threat to and does the most harm to video games.
The less Internet the more fun in video games.

>monkey island

Well I did pay a fuckton for Witcher 3 collector's edition, but other than that? I don't pay more than 10 euros for most stuff. Steam sales for old goodies are great.

>bet you all knew Darth Vader was Luke's father before watching the original Star Wars movies but you still enjoyed them.
no i didn't. the original trilogy is shit.

>Is the monkey island price rule still relevant in the age of $120 pre-order games, $50 season passes and $60 GOTY editions?
I changed that rule to:
>Never pay more than 0 bucks for a video game without a physical copy.

Yes. But only if you consider inflation which makes it $37.

>Google "Monkey inflation" to find the website that keeps track of this image
>mfw the other results

I should have thought this through.