Trying Zelda games

Where do you even start holy shit

The Legend of Zelda (NES)

That might be the best place to start lol

Release Order

OoT for 3D, LttP or either Oracle game go with seasons for 2D

Play them in chronological order following the official timeline.

First, you don't give a shit about the autistic timeline shit cause it doesn't at all matter.

Second, play any game.

OoT 3D

Worst place to start besides Zelda II. Very fun game, but heavy on NES-isms where a lot of random exploration and trying to bomb or burn things is necessary unless you have a Nintendo Power sub.

It's telling how the official timeline puts all of aonuma's trash as the top shit and parts of the happy timelines and the original loz is at the ass end of the bad timeline.

LoZ went to shit with the creation of WW and the hyrule historie/timeline bullshit.

First posts best posts.

Playing them in release order also lets you experience the REAL "Era of Decline"

>skyward sword retconned ezlo's gift at the end of Minish Cap

Someone really needs to explain to me how one instance of a Link getting a talking hat means the game has to be early in the timeline

Timeline only loosely exists in a few games (OoT -> MM). The only you posted is something they threw together to make austists shut the fuck up. I'd recommend OoT or Links Awakening, but honestly, just go for one that interests you.

ganon wasn't the bad guy lol

if you're seirous about the series you'd be a fool not to try release order. otherwise ALTTP or OoT is best entry

>Toon Link forced into all three branches of the time line no matter how much he doesn't fit

>if you're serious about video games

That guy who complains in every single Zelda thread about this has no life.

Whenever you see him, just post this image and tell him that that the Hero of Men didn't have a hat precisely because showing a hero with a hat in a game about a talking hat would make you assume that Ezlo had something to do with the Bound Chest war.

>caring about the story in Zelda

Just pick one at random, then say that one is the absolute best and all the others are overrated.

>heavy on NES-isms where a lot of random exploration and trying to bomb or burn things is necessary
is that supposed to be a bad thing?

>3D
Oot then MM (play both)

>2D
TLOZ, ALTTP (either order)

Skyward Sword is very sub-standard. The series has been on an exponential decline from WW onward, with little glimmers of hope like ALBW.

Play AOL and LA at any time after that. I can't speak for the Capcom games. Four Swords games are fun, but a spinoff in terms of gameplay. TP, WW, SS all have varying issues and are all sub-par. TP is meh, WW is glaringly incomplete, and SS is boring, poorly designed garbage.

This is the truth.

>1st game is talking sword
>2nd game is talking hat

why did i never notice

wand of gamelon

If you have a 3DS just go with OOT3D --> Majoras Mask ----> LttP

>a Nintendo Power sub.

This isn't 1946 anymore grandpa. If you're really that stuck you can google it

A Link to the Past.

you dont