>$60 for Joycon set
>Joycon having a headphone jack instead of useless IR
>$50 Pro Controller with headphone jack
>in-system voice chat similar to PSN's
>free online
>bluetooth chat and headphone support
>$250 Switch
>1 2 Switch, ARMs, or Mario Kart 8 Deluxe being a pack-in

Now the real question is would nintendo make money this way or would they be selling at a loss?

>>free online
haha

>mario odyssey,Fire Emblem musou and some other big first party on launch
that's it honestly

Free online is shit to see go
If the service improves, it might actually be worth using.
People with paid subscriptions tend to stick to them out of laziness, this could work out or not

If the cost for spare joycons was a rounded number id be okay with that

Can't comment on the voice chat shit till I've used it

The price seems okay (for the US anyway) but 1 2 switch should come prepared packed or pre installed even. No one should have to pay full price for that game

So basically
>delay switch for another year

I honestly can't see it being much improved after finding out they're using a phone app for voice chat and are letting us RENT a fucking NES/SNES ROM every month. Just bad signs all around for it so far.

Her name's Karen you faggot, not Switch-chan

I'd be happy with $249.99 console (with that waggle game packed in) and $59.99 pro controller

I feel the "free game" shit would have been better if they didn't say shit
People who don't care might give an old game a try, and maybe even buy it

The phone shit just means they don't have to waste time stuffing the console with more ports
This does mean however; buggy shitty app development and comparability issues out the ass

Being reasonable
>Free online
>Two real controllers and a stand packaged with the console
>Actual launch games
>Hardware on par with PS4 Pro and Scorpio
>No censorship
>$35 games
>Switch cost $150, since it's an upgraded handheld Wii-U

screen-less version for $150 - $200

free online

How about just a console with up-to-date hardware, decent internet storage and an online suite that isn't 3 years behind?

I'm down to pay for online as long as it isn't complete shit like previous iterations have been.

And it only 300$ which is cheap as shit for a console ESPECIALLY on launch so while including a game in the deal would be nice it isn't completely neccecary I feel.

you forgot backwards compatibility with every home console and handheld up to and including SNES/virtual boy

Reasonable for your pockets and feelings maybe
But don't ever run a business yourself if you're apparently this not-jewish

Within reason?

Cut the joycon motion elements and shave 50 bucks off the selling price.

Literally the only reason it's retailing for 300 instead of 250 is that those fuckers are the equivalent of wii motion plus remotes, and two of them come packaged in each box. I'd gladly sacrifice waggle for a more reasonable price, considering the system is basically just a mildly more powerful Wii U stuck inside a pad.

Sooooooo. PS4 or Xbone. This is its own deal. The gimmick being it can be taken with you or whatever.

>Sooooooo. PS4 or Xbone.
Yeah.

I don't understand why people think Nintendo hardware needs to sell itself. You sell hardware through software. That's how every console, sans the Wii, has operated. The Wii is the exception. It's not some fucking unicorn to be chased year in and year out. Nintendo has cultural mainstays in its back pocket and they still believe that their software isn't enough to push a piece of hardware to market.

This cycle of discussion will never end so long as the average age on this board hovers below 24

>said while discussing waggle shit

Free online works. There is literally no difference in-service between the ps3 and paid ps4 except on ps4 I have to throw 50 dollars down the toilet.

The thing that boils my broccoli the most about this is the fact I need to buy an app just to do voice chat on my smartphone. That's the laziest way to implement a dumb feature for a console. Nintendo is fucking retarded.

Quote me fagt

Nintendo starts every gen with an handicap for no fucking reason other than being retarded.

>Being reasonable
>Reduce the price and give me free stuff!

>sans the Wii
not really, the wii sold on software too. the wii remote wouldn't be attractive or useful if it wasn't for wii sports or zelda

>How the Switch could've been much better

If it was never made

but is there more of Karen?

What's wrong with the hardware selling itself? Easy example, Stardew Valley is coming to Switch. I already enjoy the game on PC but i wi probably buy it again because the chance of playing it portable is very appealing to me considering how much the game consists in chores to slowly work on and i could get in a position more comfortable than just sitting in front of a screen

OoT and MM, everyone agrees that the dual screens of the 3DS helped make the experience smoother. The water temple in OoT is almost a completely different thing when you have the chance to equip and unequip the metal boots with a quick tap

Daily reminder that p2p gaming costs console manufacturers literally nothing

Many PC games even have servers provided by the developers at no extra cost, in addition to free p2p and free private servers

>b-but sony and microsoft do it
Not an excuse, they're ripping you off too

where is your source that they're doing p2p

Bugs me too
I wished it was online play and friends management was free, but paid offers a bunch of extra shit

Not what we got tho sadly
I will say
It'd BETTER be worth paying for, or else why?

>he actually thinks XBL and PSN have dedicated servers for all the games and that's what you're paying MS and Sony for
Why would Nintendo do it any differently? Reggie claimed that they used servers for Smash and MK and the like but based on the performance that seems like a lie

Where have they said there would be dedicated servers for everything?

Yeah, I'll wait for the splatoon bundle

she's ugly af

stop being weird

I'll buy the switch if Karen will sit on my face.

Your move, Nintendo.

Reggie's wording might aswell mean they're planning to use servers, not that they already did

This is actually looking on the better end of system launches in the industry. How much were the Xbone and Piss Poor at launch? $400, $450? Adjusted for inflation, most consoles launched for more than $300. They're porting the good shit from the Wii U and abandoning ship on everything else. There's Zelda and Skyrim at launch. No matter what you think of them, those will sell bags of dog shit if they were ported to bags of dog shit. It's region-free, fucking finally. The only point of contention really is the paid online and scarily expensive controllers. There's just no defending that.

>$60 for Joycon set
Agreed.

Unnecessary.

$70 dollars is a ton, but 50 dollars is way below the market average. Should be 60, like every other controller on the market.

Unnecessary

>free online
You either get free online with shitty lag everywhere, or you get paid online with dedicated servers and little to no lag. Pick your fucking poison. Stop pretending Nintendo is the villain for following market trends. Blame Microsoft for starting it.

>$250 Switch
While I was personally hoping for 250, 300 is still okay. If it were above 300, I wouldn't have even given it a second look.

I am honestly shocked that 1 2 switch ISN'T a pack-in. They seem to not understand that Wii sports was successful because it was a fun mini tie-in that showed off the gimmick well. No one, and I mean NO ONE wants to shell out 60 bucks for a shitty game.

Overall, they did very well. Price point is fair, system comes with a lot of good things, though they could have packaged 1 2 switch with it. They have a good line up (Line up, not launch), and generated good hype with their show case. Paid online is shit, but there's nothing to be done about it.

I plan on buying one probably a year or two after launch. I probably will wait for a bundle of some sort.

This I think is Nintendo's philosophy:

The PS4 and Xbone are practically carbon copies of each other, and every Xbone game is also available on PC. This is because they functionally use the same hardware.

The Switch, because it has different hardware, requires different games. Nintendo doesn't want to have the same roster of games that those consoles have, they want to have their own unique library, because that will encourage people to buy them. But you can't spend equal money on creating a new interface system and on pure horsepower, so by default it will be less powerful or else it will be more expensive.

Nintendo doesn't want people buying a Switch to play Battlefield 1.2, they want people to buy a Switch to play Splatoon or other 1st party games. They want people to look at the available consoles and say "I can buy either a PS4 or an Xbone to play Game X, but to play Game Z I HAVE to buy a Switch."

>You either get free online with shitty lag everywhere, or you get paid online with dedicated servers and little to no lag.
Aaaaaand post discarded.

>blame Microsoft for starting it
see
Paid online is a ripoff no matter who does it. Why is it that you can play multiplat games on PC for free but consolekikes want your shekels?

>You either get free online with shitty lag everywhere, or you get paid online with dedicated servers and little to no lag. Pick your fucking poison. Stop pretending Nintendo is the villain for following market trends. Blame Microsoft for starting it.

Why not give us the option to play P2P or dedicated (paid)?

Here's what I think is a more realistic proposition:

>$60 Joycon Set, with Grip included (since it's basically just a hollow piece of plastic)
>$60 Pro Controller (this is basically industry standard now)
>Free only, but paid subscription service for Multiplayer Game of the month (which I actually think could be an awesome idea)
>$250.00 console
>Switch Sports as the pack-in
>New Mii functionality that acts as a cross between an Animal Crossing-lite, Miitomo and Playstation Home
>An achievement system where trophies you get from games become clothing or furnature in your Mii's pad.

Stop believing this shit meme

PC devs (including multiplat devs) provide dedicated servers for free in many cases

>$60 for Joycon set
>Agreed.
Good Answer.

>Unnecessary.
Absolutely incorrect, if Apple's fuck-up is anything to go by. Especially as most people have 3.5mm headphones they love. Unless, of course, you like spending even MORE money?

>$70 dollars is a ton, but 50 dollars is way below the market average. Should be 60, like every other controller on the market.
Mental retardation answer. No controller, unless it has every bell and whistle on the planet, should cost the same price as a game. You're so used to getting ripped-off you've forgotten what appropriate pricing is.

>Unnecessary
True to a point, unless you have a group of friend who like to simply voice chat or discuss what game you all wanna play first.

>free online
>You either get free online with shitty lag everywhere, or you get paid online with dedicated servers and little to no lag. Pick your fucking poison. Stop pretending Nintendo is the villain for following market trends. Blame Microsoft for starting it.
This is Nintendo. Expect lag anyways. Also, evil is evil.

>$250 Switch
>While I was personally hoping for 250, 300 is still okay. If it were above 300, I wouldn't have even given it a second look.
Pfft. $300 for a new console that has absolutely NO audio/visual enhancement over the previous gen. beyond loading times due to physical game format? No.

>I am honestly shocked that 1 2 switch ISN'T a pack-in. They seem to not understand that Wii sports was successful because it was a fun mini tie-in that showed off the gimmick well. No one, and I mean NO ONE wants to shell out 60 bucks for a shitty game.
At least you ended with a correct answer. Unless they plan on doing a deluxe set for $350, which is retardation. But then again, Nintendo Land was shit, too, so who knows WHAT they're thinking.

>delay switch for another year

That's literally a good idea because its launching with fucking nothing

they really should have waited until christmas for release.

>Mental retardation answer. No controller, unless it has every bell and whistle on the planet, should cost the same price as a game. You're so used to getting ripped-off you've forgotten what appropriate pricing is.
No, it's called understanding the market. If people are willing to spend 60 dollars for a controller, then that is the price point companies will push. Stop thinking everything revolves around you as a consumer. If I could have it my way, all controllers and all games would cost no more than 40 dollars. But that's wishful (and retarded) thinking.

>True to a point, unless you have a group of friend who like to simply voice chat or discuss what game you all wanna play first.
When I say unnecessary, I mean that it's something that would obviously enhance the experience, but not having said feature doesn't detract from the experience.

>This is Nintendo. Expect lag anyways. Also, evil is evil.
Leave your bias aside. Until we can actually see it in action, there's no point in saying it will be lagless or lag-free. In the case of the former, people will drop the online subscription which will force Nintendo to fix it. In the case of the latter, then the paid subscription has done its job.

>Pfft. $300 for a new console that has absolutely NO audio/visual enhancement over the previous gen. beyond loading times due to physical game format? No.
If I want pretty graphics and hardware, I'll stick to upgrading my PC. Consoles being sold on hardware is laughable, therefore software is the superior alternative.

>Unless they plan on doing a deluxe set for $350, which is retardation. But then again, Nintendo Land was shit, too, so who knows WHAT they're thinking.
With Mario odyssey being launched on holidays, I absolutely will not be surprised if there is a MO bundle of some sort.

>Nintendo doesn't want to have the same roster of games that those consoles have, they want to have their own unique library,

That's what 1st party games are for. What's tragic is that you think you're some radical thinker who truly understands the genius of Nintendo grand design. But in reality, Nintendo's just being shit is forcing you to perform mental yoga.

At their peak, they had your unique library (first party) and a ton of third parties. And guess what? They were kings of the industry. Every console after the SNES period, Lucky Wii notwithstanding, has failed. Period.

Does no one else care about bluetooth headphone support? The Vita is the only system that does it and I loved it for that for the one time I played a game on it.

>>>free online
>tfw too smart to be a fucking retard and spread false information like a little drone

I didn't say their grand design is genius, only that they have one. It's clear that it's not working very well. The Wii was a bleeding miracle and it was almost entirely on the back of 1st party software, because Nintendo was the only important company that actually viewed motion controls as more than just a sideshow. They pursued the same strategy with the WiiU and it was a wet fart.

Comparing the SNES to any other Nintendo console is really idiotic because the landscape has changed so utterly. Their competition in that era was Sega, who were basically upstarts at that point and had to carve out their own library from scratch. The SNES was also their 2nd console and only the second generation after the VG crash.

The market now is completely different. Nintendo doesn't have one plucky competitor, they have two extremely strong competitors that exist as divisions of far larger corporations. Moreover that's been the reality of things for, what, five generations?

Don't act like the era of the SNES is somehow reclaimable. It's not, for anyone. Technology has changed, market conditions have changed and demographics have changed.

Pretty sure they'd be selling at a loss like this.
Also, that IR function doesn't really drive the cost up, the HD rumble does.
I really like the idea haptic feedback but I don't think any third party outside Suda will use it.

If they had removed the motion controls, IR and HD Rumble technology from the individual joy cons, they could have brought the cost down to $250 and had a game bundled in a $300 package.

Nintendo fucked up.

>How the Switch could've been much better

Just make a regular fucking console with a regular comfy controller, and quit dicking around with snowflake half-measures for everything online. Nintendo needs to help revitalize their venerable IPs with solid, classic gaymen instead of leaning on them to sell shitty gimmick hardware with compromised games. Like, could you imagine how much better shit like Skyward Sword and Phantom Hourglass would've been if you didn't have to deal with wagglan and needing to scream and blow into microphone to get sord.

>Skyward Sword
>Phantom Hourglass
Nice bait here.

The problems with those games have nothing to do with motion controls or the DS interface.

>Skyward Sword with MGR precision slashing

>"shes so ugly, i would never bang her"

>Skyward Sword
>precision slashing

Their multitude of problems also include Wii Waggle and DS gimmick trash.

The dock costs $90 when it's basically a stand with an USB-C to HDMI adapter. You can't defend this.

If you can't guarantee a profit then it's unreasonable.

Ok, let's look at the prices
>Switch = 300$
Ok cool, sounds like a fair price right? Wrong
>Joycons = 80$
>Dock = 90$
>Grip = 30$
So the console itself is worth 100$. Come on.

60 dollars for a joycon set which comes with 1-2 switch.

Joy cons having headphone jack? Perfect

Can use wii and wiiu pro controllers with the console.

Don't really care about in game chat.

Free online, but heavily incentivized paid online.

The 50$ yearly subscription comes with, lots of virtual shwag, a few thousand or hundred ebucks, and we get access to their library and the ability to try out any game for a week and get one game a month.
And a new game made specifically for and only attainable by the people who purchase their online package.

Lot of people will throw money at nintendo for a new pokemon or mh dlc that is exclusive to people who buy their paid online package.

Switch costs 250 bucks and comes with splatoon, mario kart, or a multiplayer mario title. All of which have online access that shows off their premium online service.

They'll have at least 20 games ready for launch and they'll cost the same as a 3DS title or a bit more.
No seriously, nothing they've shown is worth 60 bucks.

>you are having a rooftop party with your bros when this girl hands you a joycon and asks you to play Ice Cubes in a Glass
Wat do

Karen felt her head smack into the wall behind her, her body sent sprawling from the ribbon laced fist that had just struck her. Struggling to hold back tears, she looked up to see the Japanese girl that had done the deed, holding her Joycons.
"G-give them back!", she heard herself cry, ignoring the bloody nose she now sported. It was to no avail, as the girl smirked and crushed her controllers.
Karen felt her heart drop. It would cost $90, a whole day at her minimum wage job, to replace those. She bit her lip, fighting the urge to cry, as her assailant gave her a smug look of Japanese superiority.
"I'm soooo sorry, it looks like I just broke your children's toy by mistake! But really, what were you thinking? Bringing your stupid Nintendo thing to the party. We're trying to DRINK here. Have CONVERSATIONS. Consider that next time you come to one of our outings."
With a huff and a flip of her hair, Rin walked away, leaving only a now openly sobbing Karen behind.

I'd say:

>Thanks, but no thanks. I won't be playing bing bing 1-up wahoo games in a fucking party.

How about getting a hotter, non SJW loser to advertise your product with lol

That's not how pricing works

Ok, then explain to me why this costs 90$

I bet you thought 250$ for a 3DS was a fair price too

I don't know, but i can assure you that's not the cost of production, you can't tell the value of the main package by adding up together the prices of accessories

You can guarantee no profit if no one is willing to buy it

She can bounce her slippery box on my lap as I shoot my hot seed deep into her belly.

So either they have a huge profit from the accessories or from the console itself. They have no reason not to make either of them cheaper while still profiting from them.

This fucking meme has got to end

Literally everyone has a cell phone

Literally every cellphone has higher quality audio than any built in mic

What the fuck reeee

>no one is willing to buy it
You can already tell?

And that's what later price changes are for

I'm actually really curious as to how the cellphone voicechat app will work, if only because I'd never in a million years have expected Nintendo to go that route.

So the phone app will let me hear ingame sound?

>it's called understanding the market.
No, it's called strangle-holding the market. Most stores will only carry the official controllers, which only sell when someone breaks their cheap piece-of-crap official controller and needs a new one. Without competition due to the console manufacturers forcing 3rd party controllers out of the market, they can set whatever price they want. Therefore, accepting $60/controller is retardation.

>Leave your bias aside. Until we can actually see it in action, there's no point in saying it will be lagless or lag-free. In the case of the former, people will drop the online subscription which will force Nintendo to fix it. In the case of the latter, then the paid subscription has done its job.
It's less bias and more historical precedent. For all the things Nintendo like to advance (especially control methods due to Miyamoto constantly pushing this for his titles), they are horrifically backwards with technology. Anyone who expects Nintendo to get their serservers to opopoperate withooout it being aaaaaaa laggy mesesesesess is seself-delusional.

>If I want pretty graphics and hardware, I'll stick to upgrading my PC. Consoles being sold on hardware is laughable, therefore software is the superior alternative.
NES => SNES: Huge improvement. SNES => N64: Huge improvement. N64 => GC: Huge Improvement. GC => Wii: Marginal improvement. Wii => Wii U: Decent improvement. Wii U => NS: No improvement. Also, this is discussing Nintendo consoles, not PC's. Leave that tired argument at the door, as it has no relevance. Also, thus far there is almost no difference in software quality beyond control methods, so your second point is meaningless.

>With Mario odyssey being launched on holidays, I absolutely will not be surprised if there is a MO bundle of some sort.
Launch Day titles pack-in =/= Some Day titles pack-in (see original post). It'll get a bundle SOME DAY, but not LAUNCH DAY. Which is what the community perturbance is about.

Does anyone really give a fuck about "HD Rumble"? I mean, really?

Motion controls and IR is pretty much a given considering, but "HD Rumble"?

They want it to print money, duh.

I'm sure it feels cool, but it's honestly just new tech (which probably cost a lot from R&D to execution) that really won't mean much for games. Can you imagine what it took to develop that for those tiny joy cons?

They really should have removed that shit and went with 'SD' rumble.

Unless the Switch has "DoA: Xtreme Beach Masturbation VR" as a future title, then I fail to see any use for it.

I'd rather pay $300 each nintendo game to play them on a ps4 or xbox one than keep getting fucked in the ass by their shitty hardware

This. I'm pretty interested in the technology behind it but I seriously doubt it will ever be utilized in any meaningful way. Just another gimmick.