Critical Thinking Excercise

Let's say you can manipulate time so that one (1) single game fails, in that it gets less than 25 lifetime purchases total, no one streams, speedruns, or otherwise pays attention to it in any way, shape, or form. If it has sequels, those games will never be made. If it was a sequel, the series dies on the spot.

What game do you choose?

As a note, te game itself is exactly the same as it is now, for better or worse. Super Mario Bros. is exactly the same now if you were to pick it, as is Alien: Colonial Marines.

The game makes essentially $0.00 in profit and is ignored even by normies, smash hit or terrible failure.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

s t e v e n
a f t e r
n o t
s u r v i v i n g

Halo

Kill the Xbox in the womb and cripple the FPS boom off the PC

Fuck the last of us, fuck naughty dog, fuck movie games
>inb4 never ever
I own a PS3 and PS4 and love actual good games like bloodborne and nioh, but fuck those movie games

Halo to kill the xbox along with it

Can it be in the middle of a franchise?

If so, RE4

If not, LoL

battleborn

Starcraft. This will prevent the creation of Aeon of Strife and lead to MOBAs not existing.
Good alternatives would be
>Warcraft
Hopefully no DOTA therefore no MOBAs and also no WoW so maybe themepark MMOs wouldn't be as popular
>Oblivion
Horse armor DLC
>TF2
Hats and crates

Yep. Essentially makes the last good game 3.

As much as I like the original COD MW, I feel that if that game had failed we would be in a much better place for video games.

Oblivion

Bethesda holds the entire open world RPG genre in a stranglehold with their shit-tier games that sell like hotcakes.

Warcraft 3

No MOBAs and the MMO market would have gone in a different direction.

Was going to go for Half Life 2, but it really went nowhere even after legions of fanboys continue to rim its sloppy asshole.

Gotta go for Halo. The Xbox launch would have been a total dud with that.

Candy Crush.
Any other answer is wrong.

Because they're actually very good games that no one complains about until they beat it 10 times and start noticing that they've ran out of things to do after ShOcKeR 400 hrs

pong

>No turning back!

Minecraft.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

As much as I'd want to avoid the shit from the FPS boom. I sure as hell would miss that amazing soundtrack.

I'd have to go with minecraft though, it was a neat game for awhile but the amount of marketing and it's helping start the era of let's plays is unforgivable.

None of them. The death of video games is due to normalfags invading the internet in massive amounts since at least 2007.
The speed of information sharing (marketing and word of mouth on social media) caused a massive influx of people getting into games. Normalfags became the largest demographic immediately, which lead to standards dropping to accommodate them.

Fire Emblem Awakening

Portal.

Normie stepping stone.

God, why the fuck are Steven Universe characters so disgustingly ugly?

quake

Drawn by a jew feminist.

metal gear solid

I want to see what alternate timeline Kojima could do

NO
TURNING
BACK

Isn't that's already what happened?

>MGS flops
>Konami forces Kojima to work as a secretary until he quits
>Konami makes sure no game company hires him again
>he works as a cashier at a convenience store for minimum wage until he retires
Nice going, fag

WoW
And not because I hate the game, but because I hate the bad influence the game had on the mmo genre.

What did she mean by this?

I agree, Such a step backward from shows like edd ed and eddy and cow and chicken. goddamn feminist

Wow, my wish was granted !

you let this happen

Fucking this. I would like this never ending pit of autism to stop existing.

I'm sorry. At the time I didn't see the signs. I should have REEE'd more.

This is the most rational analysis of the development of video games that one can make.

>Garnet about to jump

I'm fine with 4 existing, and maybe becoming a cult classic later, but the damage it did to horror still makes me upset to this day.

Also, I blame it for the rise of QTE

Kill off Suikoden 3. That way the IP wouldn't have been tarnished with the subsequent atrocities.

I can't handle the youthful edginess and angst.

these, either undertale or LoL

bravo vince

Mario 64

Probably Fallout 4. I can let 3 go because it lead to New Vegas.

Shenmue. Would help kill the QTE and open world games.

Fuck you man, I like Monster Hunter. If Capcom would pull their head out of their ass and just put in the effort to update the models and put the damn thing on a home console we'd be fine.

Steven
Afterwards
Nasty
Sickness

I still hate Capcom for never releasing MH2 on PS2 in the US

Would say Planescape: Torment but that is what actually happened.

>I sure as hell would miss that amazing soundtrack.
This. As much as I despise MS and every way in which it made the gaming industry worse I don't think I would be willing to give up Bungie's soundtracks for it. Even post-Marty ones. I still miss him ;_; Hope Golem ends up being good.

Kirby Air Ride.
I love Kirby, I love Air Ride, but everything after that just isn't very good in my opinion. Without Shimomura and Sakurai it's just not the same series. Maybe if the series just died right there, just after slipping out of its prime, HAL would be able to move on and make large scale new IPs, and more creative games. And maybe Brawl would be better.

youtube.com/watch?v=j38aX4JxINQ

The first telltale one

Overwatch

>there will never be a 12 player 10 minute city trial game

Really? I thought Kumazaki's Kirby games were pretty good. I'm inclined to agree with you on the whole IP thing though, I'd love to see new stuff high-budget stuff from HAL.

>no Kirby in MK8D

WoW so the mmorpg genre will continue to flourish

fuck I just realised that gliding in Mario Kart is the same thing as what Air Ride did with gliding.

I doubt it, it's not a very large fall, and it's onto sand I'm pretty sure.

Tumblr was a mistake.

>purging Warcraft 3 to prevent a greater evil
How can you even consider that? There's got to be some other way.