youtube.com/watch?v=eh-upYA2Qh8
youtube.com/watch?v=mPGH1VT2bmg
youtu.be/IWI_pFj_i9k?t=1498
youtu.be/1qAFUuLiv3g?t=34
youtu.be/eh-upYA2Qh8?t=2892
youtube.com/watch?v=IvzmUsREjns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

worst remaster ever

No way the one on the right is the remaster. ...right?

Wrong.

Cleaner textures bundled with horribly altered music and butchered main cast remodels.

It's simple and easy for those that don't want to emulate so whatever, it's fine.

It's pretty cool that they made the games fully playable on Vita.

They give you the option to switch between the old and remastered music, at least on the ps4 version I saww

holy shit. That can't be real.

I didnt even like FFX but that looks so terrible

You can see FFX's font on the left. The Remaster has that mobile looking shit.

Its real, you can easily tell by the text on left, that's the text found on the orginial, the text in the shitty remaster looks much different.

what the fuck?!?!? did they just completely drop the engine's ability to render shadows?

no fucking way

i refuse to believe this

why did the add the shitty gameplay models into the normally higher rez cutscene models?

looks like she's leaning in for a bj desu

shit/10

Teedus is one of the most grating and unsympathetic protagonists in video game history.

Because the people who made the remaster are shit at their job.

x-2 was pretty fun. I wish they would release XV-2 with iris, luna, cid and aranea as protagonists

The game was remade by literal whos

Pretty much.

>tfw yuna went full slut mode after everything the group had been through in the first game
>tidus will never get back to her with his head intact

They really fucked the lore after the end of X

that pic is annoying - the lighting and hair is shit in the new one, but the fabric textures are much better

>unsympathetic
There wasn't a single unsympathetic member in the team. All of them showed it at one points, mainly towards Yuna

Sin appears in Xenoblade 2.

I think he meant "the audience cannot sympathize with them".

That's how the remaster looks. The environments and inanimate objects look phenomenal, but the characters' high-poly models look like absolute shit compared to the PS2 version. The low-poly models are passable for battle and the minor cut scenes, but they really dropped the ball with over-"mastering" the high-poly.

It was shit when it came out originally, and it is shit now.

>The environments and inanimate objects look phenomenal,
No they don't. They're still low res and the new art style they went with doesn't fit the game. It looks bad and over saturated, and they added tons of bloom. Not to mention how much they botched the skies.

Why are they fatter?
Pandering to United Statian audience?

which is which

The remaster is what happens when you outsource it.

Top is PS2.

The facial expressions are completely gone in the remaster and everybody looks like a porcelian doll.

jesus fucking christ

this should be illegal

Why remaster something that looked fine?
Just port it and allow higher resolutions.

Ok Sup Forums, time to emulate this shit.

Any texture hacks I need to patch in for PS2?

The suits at SE don't give a fuck. They found some company that would remaster the game for pennies and let them do it, knowing people would eat it up.

Playing it on console, the environments look a lot better in the remaster on a TV because you can actually see them. But I see the argument for emulation—emulating the original with better filters does look better than the remaster and is what they should have done.

>HD Remaster
>literally one job

My god these are hilarious.

kek

The TPHD gif with Link's girlfriend is so fucking funny. I laugh every single time I see it.

What settings should I use to emulate this as well? At least the remaster doesn't bug like all ps2 emulated games, and runs without issues. And the prerendered bgs work.

link?

wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Final_Fantasy_X
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Final_Fantasy_X_International

no that's seymour

youtube.com/watch?v=pBIo8gTrWl4&feature=youtu.be&t=30

no, i mean link to the TPHD mishap

These are PS3 "remasters".

The PS4 and PC remaster look a lot better. This autist spams PS3 remasters in every FFX thread.

Cause low rez textures look bad at higer resolutions. Plus I think the original source code was lost so they had to rebuild much of the game.

Still looks like shit on PS4 so shut the fuck up.

Some of these screenshots look like they aren't from the final take, either. Tidus looks different in-game than he does in a lot of the screenshots. I imagine they got a lot of backlash for those first screens they released of him because he looks nothing like those first ones we saw (thank heaven). He still looks pretty bad, but nothing like that.

post ps4/pc pics then

They're all from the PS4 version though. Which looks identical in every way to the PS3 version unless I'm mistaken.

The Vita port ironically looks the best because the lighting is better than all the other remaster versions.

The PC version looks the same for the most part, with some tweakable options that do not improve the way the game looks.

It looks objectively better on the PS4, and the PC is even better.

Not sure about that. But the PS3 version is a downgrade. But the PS4 and PC fixed all those mistakes.

pic related

I played it. I'm very picky when it comes to FFX cause it was my favorite game back then. It's just as bad ingame.

Oh shit they turned u the contrast and gave that guy fingers? Amazing...

Looks pretty much identical except the hand and lower res textures, I somewhat doubt they fixed the potato faces and shitty sky for example.

Shit game

Textures are the same it's just rendered at higher res.

You are mistaken.

In this web, the second picture is from the PS3 remaster. Pic related is PS4. Please excuse the YouTube quality.

[citation needed]

Good job being disingenuous. Every about that scene looks better and you're minimizing the improvements. What were you expecting? Brand new textures.

As far as the faces go, while they were improved on PS4 and PC, they still have that weird animation to them. But that's the only issue.

>shitty sky
If you're talking about the Yuna CS see:
If you're talking about Zanarkand, even the PS3 looks better than the PS2's sky.

>let me just turn down the saturation because the remaster looks so bad...
Can you imagine being this much of a shitposter? I can't.

Still looks like garbage I don't get your point.

Citation? For what? Here's sauce for this picture if that's what you mean:
youtube.com/watch?v=eh-upYA2Qh8
48:10

This is the PC remaster. Again, excuse the YouTube picture.

Has nothing to do with that. FFX was my favorite game as a child and I hate to see it shit on by autists with false information.

If FFX was your favorite you probably already have autism anyway.

>Please excuse the YouTube quality.
It's just hard to guage what it looks like in a picture or in a video on YouTube. I was thinking that the sky looked extra dull in these screenshots because I remember it being really starry at night on the ship to Kilika, unlike in this picture
Gonna out myself and say I'm not able to tell from the screenshots in these threads what's PS3/PS4. What I know is that playing it on PS4 on a tv, it looks fine other than the botched faces.

Looks exactly the same as the PS4 version which looks exactly like the PS3 version.

X-2 has the best battle and job system in the series but shit everything else.

No. You were posting PS3 images that looked way worse than the PS2 and now you're shitposting because you got caught.

The PS4/PC HD's look a lot better than the PS2 despite your meme words.

>Still looks like garbage I don't get your point.
Looks objectively better than the PS2 version which is all that matters. It's a remaster not a remake.

This is a comparison in besaid island. Notices the better quality of the ground and rocks.

FFX is my favorite video game and I can confirm this.

>Looks exactly the same as the PS4 version which looks exactly like the PS3 version.
Wrong.

See
The second picture is from the PS3. They look completely different. To deny this is to deny reality. Comparing the original PS2 to the PS4//PC, we see a clear improvement, especially on the ruin's texture.

You seriously need help. Take some medication and chill out, FFX is fun but the remaster was fucking baaad.

youtube.com/watch?v=mPGH1VT2bmg

PS3 version definitely looks off but PS4 looks fine.

Type 0 HD was far worse and I'll fight you tooth and nail on it
And the worst remaster is the fucking Silent Hill one and you know it.

>Wrong.
youtu.be/IWI_pFj_i9k?t=1498
youtu.be/1qAFUuLiv3g?t=34
youtu.be/eh-upYA2Qh8?t=2892
Literally identical. PS2 version is objectively superior in lighting.

Colors and contrast in the remaster are ugly as fuck.

That's from the PS3 remaster. The only that needs help is you. What compels you to go on these threads and lie?

I've already posted images of the sunset on Mihen highroad. They look completely different between PS3 and PS4. Not sure why you're lying about that.

The lighting is different. You're proving yourself wrong.

I posted video evidence proving you're wrong. Why act autistic?

>the saturation settings are different reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>these are different
>no they are the same
>shows how they are different
>Yeah they're different so what?

Not him but those are literally identical.

He does this in every thread that brings up FFX. I haven't been on Sup Forums for months and he's still at it. He'll just keep changing the goalposts now that he's been exposed posting his fake images again.

By the way, Yuna's face has more detail in the PC/PS4 version than the PS3 version

While these do look almost the same, no one can deny the shadowing of the PC version is miles better. The PS3 version is looks so oversaturated.

If you've never played FFX it's a good way to play the games.

You are him.

>literally identical
>different lighting
>better faces
>better necklace
>better hair
>better clothing resolution
>better background resolution

Anyway, he (you) was posting very crappy cherry-picked PS3 images and not disclosing that the PS4/PC remasters fixed all these issues.

It's all the same shit. Just made this to clear up this stupid damage control. PS2 has the best shadows, lighting, animations, skyboxes, FMVs, and more. The remaster is the worst ever.

Detail means fuck all if it's not animated very well.

The face is exactly the same between all remasters.

>posts a webm where the remasters look better than the ps2

>they're the same
>show how their different
>Yeah well this is still better
Okay, you're free to think that. I just want to make sure that everything you say is accurate, which is important. I want you to recognize that the PS4/PC versions are of higher quality than the PS3 versions, and recognize that you have been repeatedly using the PS3 versions for comparisons, which, while still showing some of the flaws of the remaster, is still making it look worse than it really is. Be an accurate journalist user

youtube.com/watch?v=IvzmUsREjns

Here's a video for anyone that doubts the PS4 version is better than the PS3. It's a noticeable upgrade.

>and recognize that you have been repeatedly using the PS3 versions for comparisons
I don't understand why you think I'm lying. The only difference is the color and I used the PS4 version for every single comparison I've made.

Both are fun for different reasons

Is FFX worth playing? Between X and XII I thought XII had a much better looking overall aesthetic so I recently tried it out but I'm not a big fan of the gameplay

I really doubt I have enough reason to buy them, when I can just emulate them.

it's better than 12 in any case.