Cyberpunk 2077

Are you hopeful?

Guys who didn't like W3, do you think CDPR are capable of making Cyberpunk 2077 good?

Guys who like W3, are you worried they'll crumble under pressure of enormous expectations and the game will be meh?

Stop talking about this while there is literally no real fuking information about it and no real footage.

You'll be disappointed otherwise.

OK.

We've only been hearing about it and nothing else. I'll wait until they show off a gameplay demo to see if I'm interested in it. I dont know much about it but isn't it supposed to be a rpg? Why would a city setting, a cyberpunk themed at that be rpg? It did not gel well with the division

How can I disappointed, if I don't expect anything?

The Division is MMORPG in nature. Instances, loot system, skill builds. WRPG's mainly focus on choices, consequences and a heavy amount side quests.

it's going to be gamechanging

literally.

it's going to be the best rpg ever.

2077 isn't a subtitle it's a release date

I think it will be flop.
CDPR is pretty much dead now, a lot of lead designers left the studio, so I won't be hyped too much for this

Looking forward to building my waifu from the ground up.
Based CDProjekt knows their audience.

deus ex

shadowrun

Yes I'm hopeful
If it is half as good as TW3, it'll be amazing.

it's already confirmed to be multiplayer garbage

I'm pretty sure it will be good at the least even if it isn't GOTYAY.

But I'm pretty sure it will be GOTYAY

LOL bullshit, people come and go in every company. All crucial people are still there. Want me to list them?

Every Witcher game has been better than the previous one, so I'm absolutely certain CP2077 not only will be GOAT but set a new trend for the cyberpunk and sci-fi games.

If it's just W3 with cyberpunk, CDPR will be dead to me.

Only designers that left were Damien Monnier and Ryan Pergent.

The people who are actually in leading positions are still there.

Meh, I don't think W2 was better than W1 (after EE obviously). It was a good game, but nothing special. W1 is special to me, even though I understand why some people hated it.

My only hope is that it (even if it does end up sucking which I don't believe it will) that it inspires more cyberpunk games.

There are a few more, even big names (like Marek Ziemak or Tomek Gop, who has lead W2 development). But core of the company is still there, people like Adam Badowski, Konrad Tomaszkiewicz or Marcin Blacha. Literally dozens of veterans from W1 times. Plus hundreds of talented people who joined the studio later.

Here is why The Witcher 3 is steaming hot garbage and why this will translate into a miserable game come Cyberpunk 2077:

1 - The story, which was prominent, was sorely lacking. Characterisation was lacklustre, writing was bland (at best) and the overall delivery fell completely flat on every imaginable level.

2 - The gameplay, compared to games that actually pay any attention to gameplay, was clunky, unsatisfying and simply not fun. It felt like a Fisher Price version of Dark Souls with tedious complexity that added annoyance instead of challenge.

3 - The world was contrived at best, a mish-mash of cliches at worst. The best compliment I can come up with regarding the world design would be that it gives a comprehensive definition to the word 'generic'.

Ultimately, the CDPR team is glorified because their flavour of shit is slightly more digestible than the rest of the shit being defecated into the mouths of desperate plebs.

This makes them worse than the rest because they could actually be capable of making something of value if they weren't so fucking weak.

Gaming is still in the womb compared to what it could eventually become and developers like CDPR are poisoning the foetus only slightly less than the developers who are hated on frequently on this board.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be the next step in this devolution.

You mark my words.

>The Division
That's not cyberpunk though. It was a watered down post apocalyptic game

No need to be hopeful. CD Projekt know what they're doing.

>will be meh?
>meh

Please don't use grunts to describe something.

Taking Witcher 3 into consideration and it was their first open world game yet they still delivered.

witcher 3 isnt that great, and a cyberpunk city setting requires a lot more style, design, and art direction than generic fantasy

No too mention another classic case of Ubisoft design.

A completely treadmill experience.

>Dark Souls
Look mom, I've found Fromcuck.

OK, could you list a few of your favorite games?

I thought witcher 3 was pretty good, easily the best game made in the last 5 years but there were plenty of better games in the 90s to mid 00s.
I think cyberpunk will be better, until cdpr becomes another blizzard or EA or valve we can expect them to put out quality games based on the love of making quality games.

>t. my dad works on CDPR

Don't get me wrong, I hope it's true, anons

>soulsfag
Opinion discarded.

I just want a blade runner kind of scify rpg game in where you are able to create your own character, human or ciborg, male or female

I can dream.

Stale pasta 2bh.

See that's the problem.

All of you accept 'excellence' with such desperate abandon.

Lets compare gaming to film. How many truly great films came out during its inception? Very few. The medium was still developing. Gaming right now is the equivalent to film in the 1920's.

Sure we look back on some of those films and appreciate the steps they took towards true mastery of the craft, but none of them could be compared to the renaissance that took took place in the 40's and 50's or 90's.

I don't believe any game has lived up to the potential of the medium yet.

There have been games that have taken steps towards it.

Most haven't.

My favourite game?

Call me a troll but the game that has come closest is Bloodborne. A complete dismissal of norms, a complete refusal to 'live up' to the standards of its day.

This is just my opinion. But I feel its a far better sculpted one than the turds most of you spout on a daily basis.

And g'day to you too, m'lord.

I wonder how they will do without working with an established setting storywise.

With the witcher they had a great deal of background to draw on and with CP2020 as the back drop they have far more freedom to create.

I wonder if that is a good thing.

How they do with this will determine if they ever put on their big boy pants and try to develop their own IP.

I loved BB but it could easily be considered "just another souls game", of which there are four, with a different (and not even outlandishly different) setting.

if this game turns out to be shit i will lose all hope for video games for the rest of my life

I was worried about that too, then I played Hearts of Stone and now I feel safe. It's the first time they could do something fresh, without looking back at books or previous games (except for Shani obviously, but their previous encounters weren't really a subject in HoS) and it's by far the best story and best gaming experience I ever got playing Witcher series. So yeah, I'm pretty sure they can deliver when they have full freedom.

tbf the entire premise is ripped from some folk tale. Obviously they did a lot to make it as interesting as they did but we're yet to see them making something completely original.

Cyberpunk 20XX is already an established franchise. They're pen and paper role playing games, world is already established I believe.

>Guys who didn't like W3, do you think CDPR are capable of making Cyberpunk 2077 good?
I think W3 is a horrible fucking game but a good experience.

Cyberpunk 2077 will have
>god tier graphics
>good dialogue
>good music
>good character interactions
>good aesthetics and art design

Depending on the structure of the game, it will also have clunky, slow movement, a ubisoft-tier open world, garbage loot system, bland repetitive combat and a main plot that is downright boring. Also a main villain that has less lines than reskinned shopkeepers.

>tbf the entire premise is ripped from some folk tale.

Which is kind of the point of The Witcher as a franchise. Take established folktales and put a modern twist tot hem.

If they have the same art designers from Blood and Wine then it will be great.

It is a ruleset and a back drop.
The story telling part is far less established than the Witcher series.

Loved all three Witcher games, and TW3 defied my expectations.

But I'm still going to take Cyberpunk 2077 with a grain of salt. We don't even know what type of game it's going to be.

It's important to remember also that CDPR have never made a game that wasn't already based on someone's intellectual property. Can they create a rich and meaningful story world from scratch? Time will tell.

Virginborne? KEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck off retard, DaS2:SOTFS > DaS:PTDE > DeS > DaS3 = BB.

i'm worried about this :
- CDPR game were never good in terms of gameplay and the RPG/scaling system always sucked in tw2/tw3.
- Since tw2/tw3 they really aim at the casual audience. The x ray vision is a good exemple.

I liked Witcher, all of them.

I have confidence that they'll do a fine job, regardless of what it is. I'll wait till it's launched and purchase it a week after it releases, just like with every other game.

do we have a 3D cyberpunk game already?

it'll be GOTY by the fact it'll be unique

I love all three games, but have to agree - gameplay was always their Achilles' heel. In TW3 I think combat was actually alright, but all other game systems (upgrades, equipment, enemy scaling, FUCKING MOVEMENT) are shit. I really, really REALLY hope it's their focus with Cyberpunk.

>Gaming right now is equivalent to film in the 1920s
bullshit, there's been like 15 years of games for the modern consoles. A lot of great fucking games came out then, and it's just shit now because publishers are taking more and more control of the people they control, forcing them to make shitty decisions and ruin projects.

15? Some of the greatest games in history are about 20 or older.

>Guys who didn't like W3, do you think CDPR are capable of making Cyberpunk 2077 good?

Definitely not. They're just going to do the same thing but with cyberpunk setting.

Can't wait to follow blue shit with my Cyber Senses™

Also
>cinematic experience
>world x times bigger than that of TW3

We're not talking about of all time because it's stupid to disregard great games that did cool shit because "they aren't the greatest of ALL TIME".

Any word if they will bring back QTEs?
If yes will not purchase may pirate.

I'm just going to ignore it until release so I won't have any expectations. Did the same with W3

deciding whether to pick Solo or Techie class will be a pain.

They definitely won't fix it because nobody complains about it.

People outside of Sup Forums praise the shit out of combat.

Wrong.

Witcher 3 got a gazirrion awards with good graphics, open world and good dialogue.

Nobody gave a fuck about the gameplay.

They conceded QTE are retarded and apologized literally days after TW2 release. One of the first patches put an option in the game to disable them.

I think movement (especially using KB+M) was the biggest and most common complaint in reviews. Very few people actually praised combat, consensus was it's alright, but nowhere nearly as good as in some other games.

Literally all I want in terms of story is for each job selection to have its own subplot.

None of this gay overarching main story where your job is nothing more than a class. If I pick corporate assassin I want to be delving deep into shady shit for the sake of a megacorp turning a profit. If I pick engineer I should be creating new tech and selling my ideas off to the highest bidder.

I'm also hoping that augmentation works like in the tabletop, where a character with incredibly high fortitude can trade it all in to augment the shit out of themselves without going insane at the cost of your charisma.

Wouldn't a Cyberpunk game have guns instead of swords? I wouldn't really want to play a third-person shooter version of TW3

No.

It was, but after they updated the game with the "alternate control scheme" that didn't fix shit people started pretending that everything's alright.

I haven't played Cyberpunk pen and paper, but from the interviews it seems CDPR guys are huge fans of it, they promised they'll base game systems on tabletop version as much as possible. Plus, Mike Pondsmith is working with them, so I think you're safe bro.

A lot of people mentioned the downsides of the gameplay.

Doesn't apply to me, cause I've been a die hard Witcher fan since 2009 and even paid $160+tax+tip for Witcher 3 collector's edition, but yes.

>are you worried they'll crumble under pressure of enormous expectations and the game will be meh?

Yes. CD Projekt Red has the success of GoG riding on Cyberpunk. Even if a game is good, it doesn't mean it will sell big so it's very dangerous to put all of your eggs into one basket.

Too many companies have failed over one bad game. You can't always be striking gold so I worry that CD Projekt Red and all of its passion and great ideas will go extinct. They are needed in this industry, to counter balance the EA, Activisions and M$.

Without good honest developers, all that will be left are hungering jews eager to give your wallet a dicking.

No

It'll focus entirely on its mediocre narrative and looking pretty and It'll have shit gameplay, just like the Witcher games

it would be like GTA but in the future

I'm alright with that though.

And yet it wasn't enough to stop them from giving it 10/10 and calling it GOTY anyway

People don't care about gameplay anymore, they want movies

I didn't like the gameplay, fuck - clunky movement rustled my jimmes like in few games before. But it's still my favorite game of all time (well, maybe number 2 after Day of the Tentacle), because things it did well were so fucking good.

But that's GTA 2

but that's very hard to create a cyberpunk lore
in witcher you had trolls, elves and lots of shit we see in every medieval game
these things are seen many times and teams know them well
but there's a lot more to invent for a cyberpunk, hologram, flying cars, cameras everywhere, supercops, underground, ect... cyberpunk is basically a word were big brother won and the good guys lost, it's pretty disturbing to set up something like that

also in witcher, the hero have to find magical tricks to fight magical villains
what about cyberpunk? the hero will upgrade his/her robots to fight the villain robot?

ugh. I really detested GTAV combat. cover and shoot, cover and shoot

Probably.

CDPR isn't all that great at "mature" writing, they just put in some grim elements and call it a day. I'd be really surprised if they explored the setting in Cyberpunk 2077.

a cyberpunk can't be based on story, but on cyber tech elements, and they should be numerous to prove that this society succeeded in the same complexity as ours (if not, it'll not be a realistic "heir" of our society)

again, there's amazing work to do for a a great cyberpunk game, even more if it implies the underground understanding and fighting the top reigning aristocracy (bionic empowering, mass control, genetic engineering, powerful technology, ect...)

>a cyberpunk can't be based on story, but on cyber tech elements

That makes it no different from other scifi.
Cyberpunk is a setting. High tech low life is all it needs to be at bare minimum.

Not hopeful.. I respect them, but it's clear we're not on the same wavelength when it comes to games. And I think TW3 shows they clearly have a problem with game design. No clear cohesive vision. Feels like bits and blobs pasted together regardless of how they worked once juxtaposed and/or tied.

I'm not convinced they can get the level of interactivity right either.

We'll see.

The last thing I want is GTA: Night City where you can't enter the majority of buildings. I also hope you get sidequests that involve doing runs against megacorps like in Shadowrun.

>game design
fuck off todd

fuck off marcin

i wonder if we will get some gameplay this year.
And when is the release date? 2018?

This is based off a tabletop game from the late 80s. The Cyberpunk series isn't anything new you underage creaton

Yeah, nah fuck YOU. I'm all the more mad you thought of Todd Howard of all persons.

As if the Bethesda games released since Morrowind hadn't shown a steady decline in level and game design. Making them a worse offender than CPDR in my book (which still doesn't absolve TW3 of its issues).

I have complete faith in CDPR. I have really enjoyed all of the Witcher games and I love the setting, so 2077 is a no-brainer for me.

CDPR have always supported their games with content patches and Enchanced/GOTY editions for free, I feel like this is behaviour that I want to support. The Witcher 3 expansions that they did charge for were absolutely huge and worth every penny.

If there's one thing I'm willing to give CDPR: I think Cyberpunk 2020 with all its straight faced silliness is perfect fit for them.

+ They were smart enough to get Pondsmith on board.

you sound like a massive faaggot

Seriously though, when was the last time we got any news about the game?

>We don't even know what type of game it's going to be.

I pretty much think it will be Deus ex like gameplay with openworld cyberpunk gta elements.
But if they dont get the gunplay just right this game will not be a hit.

It's either gonna be one of the greatest games of all time and a milestone for all future RPGs that come after it..

..or it's going to be vaporware.

My dad works at Nintendo and he told me that the way the game is built was agreed upon sometime last spring and it has been in full development since July. We are going to see a new teaser this E3 that uses in-engine footage.

Note; in-engine, not gameplay.

A big part of Pondsmith's Cyberpunk setting is that guns are fucking dangerous. If anyone knows P&P RPGs but not Cyberpunk then imagine AD&D 2E where everyone has 2d6 max HP and a fucking machine gun.

I am expecting the combat to be very tense, and tactical out of pure necessity. I am expecting to see permanent injuries on player characters.

Hopefully they will really flesh out the talkative side of the game compared with TW3: I'm not saying that all fights should be avoidable, but it would be nice to have other options if shootouts are as deadly as they should be.

I think the game will be a good RPG but I fear the combat will be akin to the Technomancer.

Personally I would like to see them approach it from a FPS perspective.

My biggest hope for the game is that combat is super fucking deadly as well.

My biggest fear is that it will end up like The Division where you unload a full magazine into a guy and they just stare at you.

I just can't call it a good game when it fails to have good gameplay, for the same reasons I wouldn't call a film good just because it had great visual effects and scenery. Games are games because of the gameplay, not because they look nice or tell us a story.

The clunky movement is the result of absolutely everything needing to have some stupid little cinematic, realistic animation. You can't just push forward on the stick and have Geralt move forward, he has to lurch around and stagger forward like a "real person" because modern players can't be immersed in a game in any way other than by having a narrative and photo-realistic visuals shoved in their faces.

nah, scifi means serious pseudoshit science
cyberpunk is smart and fun, while presenting a powerful system (often a city)

think like The Fith Element, a pretty good cyberpunk movie

fuck off todd

It'll be good, retards here will still nitpick everything they dislike about it like they did with TW3 but the majorities consensus will be that it's a good game.