AM2R = SUPER > ZM > FUSION > 2ROS > 1

AM2R = SUPER > ZM > FUSION > 2ROS > 1

A2MR was a good effort, but it's still not as good as Super or even Fusion. There's too many reused assets from Zero Mission and the overall gameplay needs polish.

I'd personally swap zm and fusion but I'll agree that am2r is up there with super. Super may be the better game though.

>overall gameplay needs polish
this means literally nothing. every game needs this.

What part of the gameplay needs a polish user? Can you explain?

More like
Super >>>>>> 1 > Fusion > 2 > Zero Mission > literally fan fiction tier = A2MR

Super Metroid (Flawless) > Metroid Fusion (Forced navigation room downtime sucks but otherwise it's perfect) > Metroid Zero Mission (First half is perfect, second half is utter shit)

Obviously fan games and older games don't count because they're shit.

>Not knowing that AM2R is bigger than ZM and F

super zeromission > redesign > project base > hyper metroid > super metroid > fusion > prime 1 > zero mission > prime 2 >>>>>>>>>> prime 3
nes/gba not on the list because they are shit games

am2r is also a bad metroid game, good metroid 2 remake but bad game in general.

Super > 1 > 2 > Fusion

I liked Fusion a lot on my first playthrough, but later on I realized that replaying it was a real bore even if the gameplay was still fun.

For me A2MR fixes the gripes I had with Fusion, since it has the fast and fun gameplay from Fusion but without the forced story and briefing sections.

Super is still king though.

>Super Metroid (Flawless)
I actually really prefer the faster gameplay of Zero Mission

Super also had really floaty jump physics. I still like it, but it's not my favorite and it's far from flawless

Pretty accurate

Eh super Metroid is definitely the best 2D Metroid at least but it certainly isn't flawless.
The controls have been vastly improved upon by fusion and zero mission and the game is pretty easy like mother brain that is literally just stand in the corner shooting diagonally the boss.

Super > AM2R > ZM > RoS > 1 > Fusion

Best 2D: AM2R
Best 3D: Metroid Prime 2

AM2R isn't here because it's a fucking fan game.

if samus farts in her suit would it stay in there
just imagining a funny scenario is all haha

Zero Mission > Super > AMR2 > Fusion

I don't know if to put Super Metroid or AM2R as the best 2D metroid. I remember I had to play a Rom hack or something of Super Metroid that fixed the slow and floaty controls of the game. Metroid Prime 1 is the best Metroid, though.

>Zero Mission first even though the entire last section of the game is shit

>bad game in general.
Explain.

move Prime to Elder God and it's all good

I didn't really mind the second half, and I liked the look and feel of Zero Mission better.

This is all just opinion, not saying this is objective.

to linear, nothing am2r can do about it. metroid 2 is shit by design.

Fusion isn't even a metroid game, it plays like a linear platformer. Zero mission tells you exactly where to go at all times yet again killing the point of (what should be) metroid - exploration. The only "real" metroid games are the NES metroid, super metroid, gameboy/remake metroidand prime 1. Also fuck my broken browser

So you'd rather acknowledge shit games over a good one because it doesn't have an official Nintendo logo slapped on it?
That's a really awful and fanboyistic way of thinking.

Other game communities like DOOM's or several RPG ones embrace fan content, as long as it's good of course, and they all have a good time enjoying both the official and the fanmade content.

You can think whatever you want about A2MR based on its own merits as a videogame, but I believe that such a big effort should be applauded, not shunned just because the company who has been giving us masterpieces like Fed Force and Other M didn't make it.

Super metroid intentionally has weight to the movement, removing that is not a straight improvement. Fuck the spacejump though

Not him but Metroid 2 isn't a Metroid game.

Upon replaying fusion I was astounded by how good the pixel art is. Like backgrounds and Samus are extremely detailed.

fpbp

apart from the gameplay. The gameplay is pretty much solid. About as good as you can get with a GBA Metroid style physics engine.

This

Super Metroid has the best physics of any Metroid game.
It's like Genesis Sonic compared to Generations Sonic, there's just no comparison when it comes to depth.