Dark Souls 3

This Motherfucker!

Trying to get a hit on him with a slow weapon in phase 2 is like trying to shit out a sea urchin

He ain't so bad.

It's not like he's one of those Borealis Knight motherfuckers.

probably the hardest boss in dark souls 3

Just change your playstyle by stepping back and waiting just a bit. He becomes 10 times easier.

>be herald
>slow as fuck

am I ready to face this guy?

this guy just killed whole groups

What does this post have anything to do with the thread?

Hardest part for me was his fucking bird dragon. After that all you gotta do is KEEP ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN ROLLIN

The only hard part of this fight is the lack of delay between attacks to heal, as someone else said. Just move back and play defensively.

If they really wanted to offer a challenge they should of added a boss that consumes your estus so you get no heals.

When did they release new Burning Blood DLC

Really easy to kill with ranged attacks.

I really should avoid using a bow at all next time I play DS3, it makes so many things way too easy.

He would've been easy if you didn't have to go through that shitty 1st phase every time.

>i will never be this autistic

Lorewise, who the fuck is this guy?

So its confirmed both andre and solaire arent gwyns missing son then?

Gwyn's firstborn. The former god of war.

Gwyn's son

He fucke a dragon and Gwyn erased him from all historical records

The Nameless King is the best thing I ever had the pleasure of fighting in a video game.

Gwyns first born that sided with the dragons and was disowned because of it

I've certainly had worse experiences
Like trying to fight Pope Palpatine with a goddamn spear

Firstborn of Gwyn.

The pope is bretty cool. Too bad hes a huge asshole.

just aim in the nameless king and you're done

I beat the dancer solo but gave up on the nameless king and summoned.

What's wrong with me?

>implying dancer is hard

Classic Souls mystical difficulty nonsense.
Pontiff and Dancer have given me endless beatings, meanwhile the Nameless King is a stroll in the park by comparison, as is the Dragonslayer Armoire.

Hell, I've died more times to the congregation of the Deep rather than to the King.

Fighting this guy as a phantom is so fun. Too bad hosts don't expect the triple spear plunge after his jump attacks and die like a bitch.

One of the greatest bosses of all time. Highly underrated.

"Rise if you would"

My favorite boss fight.

Who's your favorite?

Good filename

10/10 boss

>Fighting this guy as a phantom
>Host attacks legs
>Gets roasted by dragon
>dies
Every. Time.

the boss isnt that hard
but the camera is horrible

>first time soloing this guy
>dying so much
>fucking hate it
>cant seem to get it
>equip carthus rings
>learn the patterns and start gittin gud with rolls
>finally beat him
>feel fucking great and suddenly it was my favorite boss fight

Seems like most bosses are shit to me until i finally beat it, then I feel retarded for thinking it was bullshit. So far Nameless is one of my favs from 3.

Least fav is probably Dancer or Aldritch.

just no

Everyone has different rhythms and playstyles, bro.
NK got me like 15 times on my first run, but I killed Dancer on the first try.
Pontiff got me 6 or 7 times.

One friend of mine does no-deaths runs on DS2 for fun, but died 35 times to NK.

Iudex is legitimately hard when Deprived and no firebombs, surprisingly.

That's part of what makes the series good; the bosses are different enough that no single playstyle will coast you through everything.

Solaire of Astora

dancer

Nameless king is Gwyn's son
Solaire wasn't even related to Gwyn, he was a red herring

You already posted it

if you git gud OP he will be your favourite boss.

gotta say that pontiff is the most retarded boss in the game only because if you don't parry cheese him, you simply don't have enough stamina to roll through all of his attacks when he decides to do his full combo.

Nameless king was fine, it's just that you had to go through his boring first phase every time you wanted to have a go at it, which would add like 10 minutes to each try.

If it was only his second phase the boss would be piss easy and no one would have ever complained about it, the first phase makes it a chore to try and fight it.

Honestly can't remember many boss fights from DS3, at least none that were really interesting, was great though.

It's like Dark Souls 1, everything's a breeze but for some reason, I need 10 trys on the Firesage Demon, he's just not working for me...

I had a little trouble with him on my first playthrough, then got him the first time on my second. He's quite vulnerable to high dps dex weapons. Once he's staggered, he's toast.

What's with the meme regarding Dancer as being hard? Can you plebs not into rolling or something? She's ezpz

Who ever thought that was even a possibility?

Abyss Watchers and the champ.

I know im a shitter. This is my first souls game and breezed through the game until abyss watchers phase 2. Im a knight with a defensive playstyle but the second phase messes me up. Not used to the aggressivness and being hit and staggered from the delayed fire that cant be blocked. Im finding rolling pretty diffucult too getting hit once again by the delayed fire that seems to fill up a large area. Any tips ?

>only viable way to invade is twink hard to compete with gank squads
>trying to beat pontiff as level 20 just so I don't lose every invasion

Music is so fucking good too. The soundtrack for DS3 is consistently amazing.

Abyss Watchers and Pontiff are my favorite. The presentation of those bosses is insanely good
>eternally warring band of brothers is corrupted by the overwhelming force against which they are sworn to fight, and are forced against one another
>as you enter sully's church and the choirs slowly rise up, he walks towards you slowly, the feeling of a duel weighs on your shoulders, his swords light up, and he jumps at you lightning fast to start the fight

Which one is harder?
Lol no

Sister Friede says hi

>no more Maul
:(

just play pontiff with a shield and use it as a backup when you're late on the roll
no shame in that
parrying bosses is sort of lame to me

keep your distance, his gap-closing attacks leave him massively open
there are two of them, one he'll breakdance and that one is more tricky but you can get him there
the other one is your golden ticket, he leaves a straight line of fire behind him and opens himself for two hits
there are other openings but you really need to stop relying on your shield. i did the fight naked just for the greater rolling distance

Can someone please tell me how it compares to other Souls games / Bloodborne?

>bleed build all set up
>carthus rouge, 40 luck, hollow carthus curved sword
>walk into this motherfucker's boss fog
>beat him entirely in less than five minutes

Easy boss for me

it's a stellar game, just play it dumb fuck
stop relying on people to make decisions for you

I've never summoned for any Soulsborne boss

Someone post that picture that determines your build by your post numbers.

please

I beat Dancer first time
Call me a liar

It's expensive, son

>decide to try turning poise on for realsies in 3
>exile helm, gundyr's armor, havel's arms, exile leggings
>dragonslayer greataxe
>it barely works
>gameplay is still entirely about rolling
>armor doesn't mitigate damage nearly at all

Fuck, man. Bloodborne ruined DaS3.

Make a new character.
I played the same class. Couldn't fucking beat the watchers.
Made a 2h strength build with a greatsword. Got further in one day then I did in two months

I didn't parry him and twohanded my weapon. Beat him third try

Nah, Dancer is easy even if you're slow, just hug her ass, watch her hands so she doesn't make the ground explode and hide behind the pillars once she starts spinning, that's a good trick.

Abyss Watchers, Nameless King and Deacons of the Deep.

I just summon for him.

He attacks too much, and especially if you have low stamina or use a big weapon, he's just not made for you to fight.

He's a tiring, boring fight that's made exclusively for fast attack ninja flippers. Which is an ongoing problem with the series since DaS1. BB apparently made it way worse, so that now bosses aren't even designed with heavy builds in mind anymore.

>you simply don't have enough stamina to roll through all of his attacks when he decides to do his full combo.
Positioning matters in ds3 a lot, usually when enemies or bosses have long strings, you should find a way to make sure your firstroll counts, ie gets you efficiently out of the way of later attacks. The dancer is pretty much the same, even though she swings 10 or so times you should be able to go unschated with 1 or 2 rolls

Dragonslayer Armor. It actually felt fair for any build you can run, and you could approach it in different ways.

lighting resist shield + straight sword and literally the easiest boss of the game

Souls of Cinder
scary dude

>anris sword lightning against his wyvern
>faith build
>spirit tree chrest shield

this guy was easy. I probably died in phase 1 more than 2. It´s just if the fights get longer the probablity of me doing a mistake is high. but mostly just be near him and roll.

A bit too samey for my taste, but the highlights are definitely amazing
>Aldritchs corrupted version of Gwyndolins theme
>Soul of Cinder
>Lothric and Lorian (especially the instrumental part, harpsichord should be used more in games)
>Dragonslayer Armour

He's actually not that hard, after you kill the dragon that kills your lock-on all the time he's very predictable to dodge since all his swings have about the same wind up.

Use the Dragon Armor Great shield, fucker has 95% resistance to lightening and amazing stability should be easy to kill him

Ultra weapons work good on Pontiff though if you just say fuck it and go for that xbox hueg damage.