What are some games with difficult moral choices that impact the story?

What are some games with difficult moral choices that impact the story?

Not like the "Life is Strange" "Telltale" or "Firewatch" fake choices.

Mass effect :v)

The Witcher series seriously excels at this.

Got a problem with my suggestion? You can come say it to my face.

witcher fans are so defensive on Sup Forums

Fallout New Vegas

I just want to come and say it to your face that you're goddamn right.

Undertale

>moral choices
>New Vegas

Really?

Shit, I'm gonna check it out then.

>Got a problem with my suggestion? You can come say it to my face.

Did you throw the baby in the oven?

Choosing the best form of government is kind of moral. Each ending requires you to sacrifice something or someone irreplaceable.

>picking any side but Mr. House, the only ruling factor in the game that doesn't make you do anything inherently wicked.
you are not the good guy if you picked any side but House.

cringe

Ending slides
Impacting the story

Choose one.

He orders you to eliminate an entire faction, a faction you possibly already have a connection to.

how was I supposed to know raping a goat was going to summon bilbo bagins to kill me?

what about gunning down the brotherhood of steel?

>dont le kill anyone
it really doesn't advance past there.

What I hate about the endings to NV is that, no matter how evil, how scheming you are through your playthrough, you either become a subordinate cuck to an organization or person, or you free the city. How about an alternate Yes Man ending, if you have negative karma, where you actually take it for yourself and rule it with an iron fist?

>he wasn't good enough to convince them to stand down

fuck I forgot about that
I thought there was a way around it though.

Oxenfree. To adequately explain this I need to give minor spoilers.

At the end the game will outright tell you what choices there were to make and how many people made what choices. There are three, one is binary but the other two have five or so options. At no point does the game ask, do you want to make this or that choice. Your actions and dialogue choices throughout will guide the story and significantly impact it. At the end of my first playthough, one girl just didn't exist anymore. The other four knew and were friends with her, but in the span of a few hours she died and the memories of her of everyone except the character you play as were wiped somehow. It's kind of hard to explain, but the point is your choices really do matter in this story, not just how others react to your dialogue choice and the story progresses the same anyway.

BoS elimination is non-negotiable unless you download a shitty non-canon I-want-to-have-my-cake-and-eat-it mod.

Dragon Age Origins is all about moral decisions

Doing bad stuff to Legion/NCR has them come after you and having a positive/negative reputation affects how people treat you, even merchants who have exclusive items will attack you.

You can't convince them to stand down. The only way around it is a mod.

>mod
trashed, bye bye BOS

I was responding to the changing the story aspect.
You are playing the same story no matter what faction you choose.

Yes they did faction interaction well but nothing has a serious impact on the story.

thought you meant the air port people, forgot about the BOS

Fallout 3
Do I blow up this town for no reason or do I now blow up this town for no reason? God will ever be another company that can write as goud as bethesda

Another gem from Fallout 3
Do I murder everyone for no reason because the homicidal talking computer told me to or do I not murder everyone for no reason because the homicidal talking computer told me to? Bethesda is god-tier game developer

God, I'm defending Undertale on Sup Forums, where did I go wrong?

There are choices about who to kill, and why, many of them having minor effects on the plot. Also if you take it as a commentary on how you play video games it can hit pretty close to home.

>Got a problem with my suggestion? You can come say it to my face.

Yes.

Most of the time there's only one option that sounds like something Geralt (a character built on its views and morality) would say, the rest is out of character as fuck.

To be fair, the Enclave in 2 were just as two-dimensional. You couldn't side with the Enclave there though, so here's that.

KOTOR 1
No sir I don't want any reward vs. Yes give me the reward and also I murder u for no reason now. BIOWARE WRITERS ARE TOO GOOD!

>not going independant and making all the choices yourself
cuck

also house wanting to bring back pre war vegas is delusional not altruistic.

What happened to your nose mate?

Remember the time they had a Modern military force from Ronto with mini nukes and Vertibirds being fought to a standstill at the Niagra Falls power plant by a bunch of guys cosplaying as Spartans?

More quality choice from Fallout 3
Do I help the Brotherhood for no reason or do I join Autumn and help him make America great again? Oh wait we didn't write the second option in you have to help the Brotherhood lol fuck you. GOD I WANT TO SUCK TODDS FAT COCK ALL FUCKING DAY

EVEN MORE QUALITY FROM FALLOUT 3 CAN THIS GAME EVEN BE CALLED A GAME ITS LIKE PURE SEX??
Do I sacrifice myself for no reason or do I sacrifice this brotherhood cunt Lyons that I have absolutely no reason to care about? EVEN PLATO HIMSELF WOULD'VE STRUGGLED WITH A MORAL CHOICE THIS COMPLEX

Does anyone have a Sheev "I can feel the hate flowing through you." pic?

This thread needs one.

That """modern military force""" was also horrendously overstretched, undertrained and disorganized.

For me NV was a case of buy the premise buy the plot.
I just didn't.

never played the witcha but doesn't this game have like two dialogue opitions?