What do you suppose japan was thinking with their wyvern designs?

What do you suppose japan was thinking with their wyvern designs?

Japan makes the best dragons

I don get whats the different of those dragons

>Let's make our games not look like every other one
Something like that

Even though I'm not a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls I always thought Skyrims dragon design was really good. It's just kind of classic.
I believe they probably pulled a lot of inspiration from the Hungarian horntail from Harry Potter and the Goblet of fire, as they anatomy and manurisms of the dragons are very similar, which I was very excited about because that is one of my favorite dragons in fiction.
Also I'm not autistic.

The biggest issue with the design is the wing membranes are fucking nonexistent.

>1 is a drake and 2 are wyverns
???

I liked the Witcher 3's design most.

It just looks savage and dangerous.

I've singlehandedly stopped a reign of ancient wyverns from destroying a nation!

>bat with scales
>classic
na. generic, but not classic

Dragons=/=Wyverns

All 3 of those are wyverns thoug

Oh boy, if it weren't for that last line I'd have thought you were autismo!

The Japan one doesn't even look he can fly like a wyvern

>not using monster hunter wyverns in your argument.

That's literally their call of duty and you choose some literally who game to represent their wyvern design. Rathapos and rathian are the best designed wyverns in all of vidya

Generic? How many dragons have there been that looked like that before those?

That's because that thing is not a dragon just google Wyvern all look the same

So the dragon is actually strong and not a skinny bitch and you complain?

I don't see any dragons in OP's picture

What's even the third one from?

>literally who game
Isn't that ffxv?

>Rathapos
embarrassing

ye

Nips ALWAYS have to add their own flare to let us know it's nip made.
>Giant super fucking monster for enemies
>9ft tall super knights
>hard as fuck with cheap difficulty
It's like those japs just skim through western fantasy and fill in the gaps. Not everything needs to be a fucking monster hunter

Everything is always overdesigned from them

the head is too big and the wings are too small, it looks kinda goofy

>That Japan

it's too sexualized

I know. I don't mind the overdesign but when those fucking japs keep thinking western fantasy as being by yourself in some desolate shithole fighting giant monsters and super knights it get's stale. Pic above would be a nice jrpg dnd inspired game, just get rid of that faggy gob slayer, replace with a nice Paladin and you got a decent party!

MonHun has the best dragons though.

>Hating best Goblin Slayer
Men kill this goblin

>pic not related

you could have picked any of the dragons other than that piece of shit terrible fight

>Skyrim dragons
>classic

Skyrim doesn't have a single "classic dragons"

in heraldry dragons had either snake or lion-like bodies and 4 legs, while the bird-like body and 2 legs were called wyverns

an actual classic dragon design is something like Smough from the Hobbit or Grigori from Dragon's Dogma

>Smaug from the Hobbit

>Also I'm not autistic
It's okay, you don't have to hide it. You're among friends now.

All of these Wyverns have different problems
American has a stupid body shape and shit wings (also terrible animations)
Polish Wyvern's Hair looks stupid and the body looks too thin but the head is pretty big.
Japanese Wyvern is too small and the upper body looks shit

Polish also has tiny wings

t. goblin

get fucked gobbo

I forgot how in the movies they also made him a "more realistic dragon"

either way, both in classic fantasy descriptions and in heraldry dragons have 4 legs

Why do games in general insist on using shit-tier wyverns now instead of dragons? The only game I've played as of late to have real dragons is Dragons Dogma and that game is old

Because it's "more realistic"

>talking nonsense out of my ass to justify myself: the article

>waaaaah, they don't depict giant fantasy reptiles the way I want, waaaaaah

the amount of autism in this thread holy christ

That old fart literally had no coherent or justifiable reason other than that Bethesda is very likely too lazy to model proper dragons.

>waaah people don't like wyverns which is the way I want it why are they autistic
Nice double standard

UHHH ACTUALLY *adjusts glasses* YOU SEE M'GOOD SIR *vapes* REALLY IN TRUTH *tips fedora* SEE THIS IS REALLY *watches my little pony* TO BE HONEST *reads fantasy novel* MY FRIEND YOU ARE MISTAKEN *eats cheetos* IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY *plays Skyrim* IN REALITY SIR *drinks bud light* THESE ARE REALLY *burps loudly* WWWWWWYYYYYVVVEERRRRNNNNSSSSSSSSSS

except I don't mind either way, both types of dragons look fine, it's retarded getting your knickers in a twist over such a stupidly minor thing

>Reign of fire

Really liked how they just terminator and replaced them with dragons. Loved the dragon's look though

Game is fun as hell though, I still remember playing as the dragon for the first time.

>reign of fire still has the coolest movie wyvern design

What went wrong?

Source on that last dragon?

love how fucking huge the wings are

It's annoying because they're by definition not dragons and literally everything uses the wyvern design now purely because it's easier to model and animate

Final Fantasy XV

>tfw George killed the last one instead of imprisoning it

This. A dragon in my opinion needs four legs/limbs, otherwise it's classed as a Wyvern or off-shoot.

yeah, I like how they tried to be realistic with the dragons, like those wings being that big just to make it fly or how it breaths fire is more like them spitting like a cobra to make fire.

I think Japan has the right things in mind.

What about thoses ?

What the fuck is this

is the girl a giant or is the dragon small?

Probably a giant girl, the artwork in Dragons Crown gets a bit weird.

>in heraldry dragons had either snake or lion-like bodies and 4 legs

Nigga dragons were pretty much "whatever the fuck you want"

so dragons should all look like crocodiles?

laaaaaaame

>this fictional creature doesn't adhere to another fictional creature in a different fictional work! It's wrong!

You know dragons aren't and never were real right?

Thanks man... also does that thing have a nipple?

prove it faggot

Have you ever seen a dragon in real life? Yeah thought so bub.

Same goes for unicorns, bigfeet, hydras, cyclopes, drakes, wyverns, armadillos, mermaids, yetis, chupacabra, and every single pokemon.

That's a great statue.

>>/mlp/

;^)

If you want to cherrypick then TECHNICALLY the skyrim one isn't a wyvern OR a dragon, it's a Dovah

The first two are wyverns the last one is a dragon.

Giant flying lizard that probably breathes fire? Dragon

Wyvern is just a type of Dragon t b h

If you saw that nigga flying towards you would you say "LOOK OUT EVERYONE, IT'S A WYVERN!!!"

>"Wyvern"
>no poisonous stinger

kys

>that fucking model kit costs $1000
>even the chinaman recast costs several hundy

this flying cunt is the most recognizable wyvern of japan tho.

shut up dude you know what he means and youre just looking for an opportunity to let everyone know you looked up dragons on wikipedia once

FF wyvern's aren't iconic, whilst MonHun has easily the most recognisable wyvern-style monsters in Japanese vidya.

>All interpretations of dragons were uniform
Okay.

the fight is shit, but his design is great

This liberal thinking is cancer.

By your own retarded logic I can create a sentient cactus with wings and call it a dragon and it perfectly is a dragon.

Why even have any labels or names for anything if your cancerous liberal logic tells you to not give a fuck nor respect order?

left and right aren't wyverns

Dragons have been made in most movies, books and vidya as giant lizards with bat wings. The difference is that some decided to make them tetrapods more "natural" style and others went for the hexapod more "classical" style.

This is Japanese elder dragon.

But those are wyverns...

> like those wings being that big just to make it fly

That body/wing surface ratio is ridiculous tho. Not even the biggest bats have that much proportional wingspan.

We need less filthy wyverns.

Post the squid instead

The bigger the animal, the larger the wings need to be in proportion.

Its not even an actual dragon. Peasants think they're dragons all the time, but they're not. Witcher 2 had a real dragon.

>USA
>the name of the dragon is literally just "Dragon"

I've seen a dragon in real life

Left Shit
Right Shit
Middle Fuckawesome

But this isn't a Japanese elder dragon.