I need a break

How do I pull myself away from vidya?

I've been in love with games since I was 3. Started with the nes and now I have a huge collection of stuff.

I also have a wife and kids now but I still find myself it concerned with games. I can't stop.

When I'm at work I'm just thinking about how far I can get in Necrodancer or Risk of Rain and when I'm not rougueliting I'm ripping it up on Titanfall as scorch just melting bitches down into bottle caps, lopping faces off in dying light, or just crafting bullshit in terraria and minecraft with the kids.

On top of that my wife is amazing and plays CoD zombies, farcry, l4d, edf and all kinds of shit with me. We have a blast but lately I want to die.

The feeling of remaining dormant for several hours with a controller in my hand feels the same as if I ate whole pizza and tub of ice cream by myself.

How do I take a break. How do I convince myself that I don't need to constantly sharpen my skills or experience cool obscure vidya? If I'm not playing, I'm either on Sup Forums or /vr/ learning everything I can about shitposting so how do I genuinely remove myself from the vidya world, if only for a short time?

tl;dr mfw risky rains play time is 177:34

If you have a job, wife, and kids then what the fuck is the problem.

What you should be asking is
>Hey Sup Forums, my bitch wife and whiney kids are distracting me from vidya.
>How do I cleanse my life of their impure presence and devote myself entirely to getting good?

/thread

THIS THE PROBLEM U FOOL

I have all this shot plus modern but it's like it's not enough. I'm always thinking about games I don't have, building a small pc for old rts's and mame, hunting flea markets and thrift stores for great findss....

Why is costs a disease that has infected my brain.

Is it as great as I make it out to be?

I love the action, the music, the puzzles, the stimulation, the skills required. I love it all. Why do movies and tv and books and sports and other hobbies just seem to pale in comparison to the all supreme VG?

Do you play everything you buy?
How much time do you spend o/i daily

>have job and family
>spend free time with something you love
What the fuck more do you want. A another hobby? Then get one.

You are literally wanting to get rid of something you love doing in your life. Why?

I'm going to use your thread as a way to vent because it's somewhat relevant.
>Work with 3 women
>I'm the youngest and least experienced
>Boss is the maternal type
>The three of them all do a tonne of shit on the weekends, while I just see friends, family or stay at home
>Keep trying to get me to do random shit like volunteering
>Just want to spend my downtime playing videogames
Am I a bad person? After one of these discussions, one of them asked me if I was happy and I couldn't answer. She said she'd stop if I said yes but I couldn't decide.

volunteering is literally work without pay
only a retard would look at that and go yea okay seems good
if you're not a neet you're not a bad person for spending your off time as you desire

Adults can play video games, user. There's no need to "break free".
You have a wife and children. As long as you meet your responsibilities, there's nothing wrong with playing video games. You're allowed to be passionate about games.

tl;dr Stop being a faggot and keep playing games if that's what you love.

It sounds like you are having fun, why stop?

If you really must stop, go on a fucking holiday then.

>thread 1
>wolablooo why I don't enjoy games anymore /veee/?
>thread 2
>waaaaaaaaaah why I enjoy games too much??? Help me /veee/?
Why don't you shitty fagsn get a fucking blog and fuck off? Accept what you are and what you have, and this is not your personal counseling board

>I'm having fun and building a great collection! How do I stop!?

Why do you want to stop? Has your wife started making a big deal about your vidya hobby?

this doesnt sound like a problem fag.

Start doing some light exercise.

And remember to take a break every 15 minutes!

i think he is talking how he thinks about vidya all the time when he should not, like at work, kind of disturping thing when doing work and thinking vidya at same time
i do that too, fuck

why do you need to

>The feeling of remaining dormant for several hours with a controller in my hand feels the same as if I ate whole pizza and tub of ice cream by myself.
^this misperception is what you need to fix

you have something you like. you're good at it. you continue to like it. you seem to be able to sustain a stable home life alongside it. do you really think you'd be better off, I don't know, collecting model trains? following reality shows? writing mediocre short stories that nobody will ever see (much less want to)?

if your problem is that you're playing the same games over and over, rather than just games in general, then that's easy: expand. try new games in new genres, on new systems if necessary. make it a goal to play 1-2 (or more) new games a month.

It is but it looks good on your resume. She's asking him if he wants to improve on his postion to get ahead in life, maybe she wants to see if you have the motivation and effort and she has a promotion in mind for you.

>hey user you might be getting a promotion but only if you work without pay on the weekends
Literally extortion

You keep thinking about vidya because you want to escape from your life.

I remember when I had school or worked a lot and all I could think off was how much I wanted to get home and play vidya.

But during neet stretches I'd want to do other things as well, or just go out sometimes. Vidya is often escapism from a bad life. Maybe look at your surroundings or your job. Do you enjoy that? Do you enjoy your wife? If not, that's why you want to constantly play vidya to get away from everything.

Maybe you don't even hate your real life, but you just find it boring, or unstimulating, lacking in some primal way. You desire challenges and adventure you are not getting elsewhere.

Not just in the job you currently work but it helps you with literally any other job.

I don't see the problem, you like games and your family enjoys them with you. Why would you want to get rid of something you enjoy?

>everything is going perfectly!
>tell me, Sup Forums, how should I fuck this up?

>what is a hobby
no problem here as long as you don't neglect your kid