Nintendobros, I'm starting to fear Sony's upcoming Horizon: Zero Dawn

Nintendobros, I'm starting to fear Sony's upcoming Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Think about it, Nintendobros. It's essentially Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
- PS4 already has a significant base of potential buyers.
- More realistic artstyle with better graphics.
- More mature, progressive story and setting instead of a variant of the generic fairy tale.
- Same creative gameplay, perhaps even better in Horizon's case.

What if people go for Sony's option?

Don't reply, just report.

It could also tank. Remember The Order? Zelda is basically guaranteed to be great at this point, assuming the new changes don't fuck everything up. Comparing the two is useless.

Why do Sonyfags allways make threads pretending not to be Sonyfags

Nobody is fearing Framedrops: Zero Replayability.

sorry kiddo.

General audiences were still too immature to enjoy The Order when it came out.

Sony realized this and lowered its focus on artistic cinematic storytelling. Through a chain of upcoming game it'll slowly shift back to it though. You know, going from Horizon -> God of War -> The Last of Us 2 and so on towards cinematic art.

I'm scared ninty bros

It's guaranteed to get great reviews, but the actual quality is a different question. Is the open world actually fun to explore? Are towers & shrines basically the only thing to find in the world? Are there memorable characters or has the story something different to offer?
The exact same of course also applies to Horizon, it could just as much be another empty, boring open-world game.

>The exact same of course also applies to Horizon, it could just as much be another empty, boring open-world game.

Hardly, if it has a progressive story. That's guaranteed to be interesting.

I guarantee the story will be less dumb than Zelda

fuck off marketers

>Framedrops: Zero Replayability
That describes every sony exclusive

True.

The story can be progressive and dull. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Such a stupid meme. All games can be replayed.

Or rewatched.

Depends on the volume of sales. 50 million sales of consoles and usually the top numbers are EA Sports games or other multiplats.
I'm none too worried about Horizon: Zero Dawn. Games can exist in a vacuum and the "us vs them" mentality doesn't need to exist.

haha well memed bro xD
Talladega Nights and what not

but can you get a new experience when you replay it, or will it be functionally identical?

Every time I try to play TLOU, I get more frustrated at the sheer amount of forced walk and talk segments that should have just been skippable cutscenes. Fuck this shitty trend.

Replaying it makes it worse.

I fucking love false-flagging threads.

It's not the game's fault you can't appreciate the message it gives you.

I know this is bait but you shouldn't worry. Zelda will sell just fine and this is the first Zelda since Wind Waker that looks worth a damn so that will help.

Horizon Zero Dawn also looks great but I'm worried it might end up being a shallow game. But time will tell.

There's room for both in the market.

Looks like shit to me, I don't think you have anything to be afraid of.

Right? Sonigger?

This game is looking a bit like Far Cry Primal with robo animals and that's definitely not a good thing. That game had absolutely no substance.

Lacking substance is the defining marker of modern AAA production. Most people simply don't have the time to really get into a game with substance.

That's why in open world games most go for the Ubisoft/Betshesda formula where you can easily hop in at any time, run to the closes marker on the map and do some short simplistic task.

Horizon will most likely be like this. Let's hope Zelda isn't.

Because you enjoy the mechanics?
Uncharted 4 for example has a mode with no story and there's also unlockable cheats and interesting filters that can alter the feel.

I'm glad they removed the fat shaming cheat.

You're right. It's the developers and writer's fault for deciding to pad out the game's length with worthless filler when games like Metro and Sleeping Dogs do the same thing in a much more effective and memorable manner.

>Metro
Has no PoC.
>Sleeping Dogs
Generic appropriation of Chinese culture.

But can the game be any different functionally in it's gameplay when you replay it? Removing cutscenes that I assume can be skipped in your first playthrough anyway and adding a noir black & white filter isn't changing the gameplay. For example, I can replay Pillars of Eternity using different characters, builds, and strategies to get a gameplay experience that's different from previous playthroughs. For all the ps3 exclusives I owned (uncharted 1-3, GoW3, last of us), the only real meaningful change I could make on multiple playthroughs was to increase the difficulty setting. The novelty of playing uncharted as fat drake or any other of the unlockable characters, although funny, wears off within minutes.

You're a spoilsport.