Why they make different videogame covers in different areas?

Why they make different videogame covers in different areas?

this is the actual one

Marketing.

because amerifats love burger

that's a stupid reason, because the american looks bland and stupid. Who would buy stereotypical videogame #32334

Because American men are so fucking fragile that they literally wouldn't buy the game on the left because the hero looks feminine and "gay". He's prancing around a colorful meadow taking in the sights.

Meanwhile the guy on the right cover is brooding and edgy, he has a #manbun and you can tell he is about to go kill some shit.

the one on the left has a worse color selection

Both of these look nice, why don't they just make the cover reversable?

different markets
americans respond more to "badass" imagery, europeans prefer artistic imagery and japanese like cute visuals. there are exceptions however

What does the japanese boxart for botw look like?

Different areas have different cultures. You may have also noticed that different areas will use different words for the same thing, or even pronounce the same word in a different way! For further information, leave your house.

The NA version.

I am enticed by the patriotism exhibited by the American version. Day 1 buy for me.

>left
>see that mountain? you can climb it
>right
>instant gratification

I think each region has their own marketing department. Burgerland's hasn't graduated from hurrdurr blue n orange. Literally all murrican media is blue and orange.

either one is a big step up from pic related

They're looking at the same mountain in both covers.

special edition is

i think this is fine, the art is good but it doesn't show the world

>mommy

I wanna fuck that hylian.

That glorious font, might have to print off that version for my case

europoors need happy and colorful covers to hide the fact how shit everything actually is in their country

left < right

Would be alright if the background wasn't just some brush strokes and scribbles.

Burgers are retarded and violent and as such if a game's name isn't in huge overwhelming text on the backdrop of mass murder their poor little minds cannot comprehend what the object they are seeing is and walk off, shekels unspent.

I like the American one more.

wrong
kill yourself

>country

>for once USA get the better zelda box art

Right is Japanese version as well

the problem is the offputting amiibo logo and the fact that it's ultimately another uninspired "angry dude stares at you" cover

both covers appear to use the same size text for the title

Right one is better, though left is good too. I'm glad they didn't slap an ugly ass piss filter on top for once.

you know they could do this resting sword thing also with link just sitting down and not making him doing a gay photo for instagram

shut the fuck up

>man bun
>right handed
>no green tunic
>ubisoft tier checkpoint towers for fast travel
I'm starting to feel a bit nervous here.

but people in usa have worse living conditions that people in europe

It's called a ponytail

I'm praying this is still a placeholder because I'm getting this version

switch american box art looks so good holy shit

>man bun
retard

Someone post the image of all those covers put together with the fucking MAN WITH BACK TURNED WALKING AWAY WEAPON IN HAND SO COOL BUY ME NOW

In the euro version link poses like a fag, to appeal to their large gay population

>country

>orange and blue

Does that mean the NA cover should have a black person on it?

>manbun
where's the bun retards

>american men are so fragile they have a problem with their wives being raped by 85 iq muslims

True.

Then why am I living on a beautiful wooded 2 acres while you're living in a shitty inner-city government subsidized apartmenr

it's manponytail?

It's based off a painting.

>iq
>relevant
I bet your biggest accomplishment in life is having iq of 101

lmao

>EU
>country

Lmao

It's still got all that marketing bullshit they use to appeal and catch your eye, even the orange/blue contrast.

I live in a 3 floor 2,800 sqf house I own and pay miniscule taxes for it. And I have zero debt

back to your containment board, retard

Regional sensitivities. Japan dislikes violence/grit so they use colorful childlike-covers, 'Murika dislikes soccermoms bitching at sexual themes (or guns if mass-appeal) even if said game contains them and prefers "epic" imagery, Europe prefers subtler emotion-evoking covers and Germany/Australia are just sensitive to everything in general.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

fuck piggu marketing.

yes, or just ponytail.

>Europe

Love this "comeback" from americans. Everytime they are criticized this is the only thing they can say back.

May as well be honestly

fuck off already

it's true though. real healthcare and no school debt is great

Yeah, because Bulgaria is fucking heavenly...

>no gold cover on a Zelda game

Literally breaking a 30 year tradition Nintendo.

>Zelda
>Fuck Yeah
>Comin' again to save the mother fuckin' day yeah!

>Manbun
>Not Manbun
>Both faggots

>Because European "men" are so fucking gay that they literally wouldn't buy the game on the right because the hero looks masculine and "manly". He's preparing for the dangerous adventure that awaits from a top a mountain.

god I fucking hate DaS' western cover.

right > left
left > right

I loved the gold covers

They're both fine but I still don't get why changing the boxart is a thing at all

I like both covers.

I am eurofag but i might just get the US version since it's region free and all

Cuck!

the worst european country is somehow the norm lol.
And yeah, I bet Bulgaria is better than most usa states.

so they can get free advertising from autists on Sup Forums

But the US version will be censored to hell in game. Better stick with the EU one. Or even the Jap if it has subtitles.

>An American attempts to banter
embarrassing

I'm sorry that the basic artistic merits of color theory are reconogizable to a consumer public?

DaS1 American > Japanese
DaS2 American < Japanese

same, which is why I'm complaining about it.

The gold color and box art is what initially drew my eyes to the original NES game and asked for it for my 7th birthday not knowing anything about the game except it involved swords But you know, I was 7. even the cartridge was gold, that meant it had to be good right?

Well it fucking was.

That has to be a placeholder, its too shit to be real.

>implying eu version doesn't get censored the same way us version does

>y--you too... ;_;

do you think zelda is an 18+ game in europe or something?

Remember when censors removed homosexual mentions in japanese games and no one cared?
You anti-censorship warriors are a bunch of hypocrites

>Xenoblade Redemption

Everything shit hahaha, you guys actually have hobos and gangs and stuff.

When I was a kid the gold not only stood out, I also assumed that since it was gold it must be "the gold standard" in gaming.
It definitely was.

Nobody cares about faggots, faggot.

You know that part of Europe that's not:
Scandi
U.K.
Holland
France
Germany
Spain...ish
Italy
Porto

Shit like turkey, the eastern bloc, Bosnia ... yeah, there's a lot worse places in Europe than even the dullest of flyover states.

And then there's the influx of shitskins and open borders.