Suda 51 or Swery?

Suda 51 or Swery?
Who's the king of the niche boys.

taro

rip translator

None

What kind of question is that? It's like asking who's your favorite kid. Love them both.

/thread

Swery > taro > suda

Just a reminder that Suda hasn't directed a game since No More Heroes, don't judge him based on other things Grasshopper did

Suda for quirky Japanese unintelligible nonsense
Swery for quirky crime/detective drama stuff
Taro for quirky depressing fantasy
Kojima for quirky action

>Suda 51 doesn't direct No More Heroes 2
>It's better in every way
wew

>terrible games are just niche now
Hah holy shit

and (you) for quirky faggotry

What's the matter, user? Too much QUIRK for you?

Not really. It's a textbook case of one step forward, two steps back.

Better gameplay but still pretty bad and MUCH worse characters which were the only appeal of the first one.

Deadly Premonition and Michigan Report from hell are masterpieces in the 'so bad its good' category

I love Suda, but let's be real here.

What percentage of his games are really all that great?

I am. Proof is the fact that you don't know who I am.

0%

Some of his pre Killer 7 stuff (Flower, Sun, and Rain in particular), Killer 7, and No More Heroes. I'd say about 4 or 5 truly underappreciated classics.

>leave baka gaijin translators to ME

>20 replies
>No has said Kenji Eno
For shame, Sup Forums. I though hipsters were browsing this board.

I literally own that exact same sword. Down to the shitty kanji engravings on the bottom of the blade. I got it for like 40 bucks at an Amish crafts market.

Kenichi Nishi and Kenji Eno are probably my favorite cult developers. They even ended up making a couple phone games together.

There we go. Shame about Eno passing in 2013.

None. Killer7 is only game that came close to being kind of decent. I've played all of his games and even own Jap versions of FSR & SC.

Suda's games are fucking garbage. Any genius that he seemed to have shown with SC/K7 crap were probably the result of his co-writer.

Check out Suda's latest interview with Extra Credit. He actually mentions that he had a co-writer for SC & K7 who worked on most of the poltical crap. It's yet another Metal Gear Soild style Fukushima situation where the co-writer wrote all of the gud shit.

It could sure explain why everything that Suda has done post K7 have been complete shit.

When I first discovered Suda51, I always wanted him to work with Eno. That was before I realized that Killer7 is his only truly weird game. Every other game Suda has done since then have been generic hack n slash or animu games.

Eno and Taro working together might have been something.

I'd like to see Suda work with YokoTaro and/or Kamiya. I'd like to see Swery work with Kojima.

I'd actually not be surprised to hear Sweary and Kojima work together. Koji mus be a fan of his work, die to the "allusions" he made to Deadly Premonition in MGSV.

I'd like to see them make a detective game together.

SWERY made a cult game that literally steals 95% of its content directly from twin peaks.
Same characters, same storylines, same world building.

It's not an homage, it's straight up ripping off.

>die to the "allusions" he made to Deadly Premonition in MGSV.

elaborate

also SUDA is best even tho 65 is cool as fuck, just because suda's library is bigger and slightly better

The cigar mechanic is taken right from DP's cigarette mechanic, and they both have a similar twist
The story of Deadly Premonition beats the shit out of MGSV, as well as a bunch of other Metal Gear games as well.

Can we talk how Swery is fucking lazy?
His talent for creating characters is incredible (probably thanks to the cinema school he went), but he made so few games during his career.
He's all about PR.

Because it's literally Twin Peaks

Not literally, but it's incredibly close.

*unsheathes katana*

Yes literally.
All of the main characters are twin peaks characters and have the exact same development, the locations are essentially the same, the mysticism behind the other world and the red room is the same.

SWERY genuinely stole from Twin Peaks, it isn't a reference it's a theft.

suda51: made some good games

swery: literal boku no gameplay retard for zany facecam ecelebs

>All of the main characters are twin peaks characters and have the exact same development
Actually, no. Plenty of the characters go on different arcs from their clear inspirations, such as York to Cooper, George to Harry, Thomas to Andy, Kaysen to Bob, Harry to Ben, etc. The second half of the game also takes a drastic turn from the TP outline.
>the mysticism behind the other world and the red room is the same.
The Red Room I absolutely agree with, but the "otherworld" not so much. TP's Dark Lodge wasn't anything like DP's Silent Hill-esq otherworld, which took existing locations and warped them, compared to how the Dark lodge was just a bizarre version of the Red Room.
It's not LITERALLY the same.

suda

Yeah I was more referring to the "other world" as the room with the twins in it which is genuinely just the red room. The actual nightmarish world that York goes into isn't really seen in Twin Peaks at all, I'll definitely agree to that.

I feel like if one of these guys worked with the other their visions would inevitably clash, these people are great in their own distinct ways.

Suda for action, Swery for squirrel facts and airplane trivia, Taro for depression and meta-narratives.

nmh2 was worse.