You have 10 seconds to name one iconic game franchise created during the current console generation

You have 10 seconds to name one iconic game franchise created during the current console generation...

undertale

frog fractions 2

splatoon
umm..umm...

hatred ;)

Iconic would be pretty hard to achieve after one title.

that doesnt seem fair considering the last genuinely iconic franchise made was Mario. Prior to that it was what? Pacman?

Splatoon

Five Nights at Freddy's

bloodborne

Zelda came after Mario though

Knack!

Titanfall

This sadly.

>iconic
When do things become iconic?

Bloodborne

>Generation has only been going on for ~2-3 years
>Expecting something to become iconic in that time

OP you're being silly

Don't give me that. The last generation had plenty:

>Uncharted
>Souls Series
>Bayonetta
>Bioshock
>Mass Effect
>Assassin's Creed
>Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

why does it need to be iconic? why can't it be good instead?

>2-3 years
>Wii U came out in 2012
>Bone and PS4 came out in 2013

Bloodborne is part of the souls series tho

>implying an average person would recognize any character from any of those games
I'm not sure you know what iconic means.
Link is MAYBE iconic but most people would just call him Zelda. A safer bet would be Pikachu

mike has pretty eyelashes

The Assassins and their logo are pretty iconic

Battleborn
iconic fdor being iconic failure

Titanfall
Splatoon
Overwatch
Undertale

What do I win?

its a random nobody wearing a white hood

most people aren't going to see that and say "Oh look hun, its that assassin creed man".

But you can believe they'll recognize a pikachu or a mario or pacman

Undertale and Battleborn

Pretty much these. Enjoy the rest of your day user! ;^)

>the Assassins
>Nathan Drake
>Marcus Fenix
>Big Daddy/Little Sister
> Mass Effect's N7 symbol

I'd wager most people with even a passing knowledge of video games would recognize most if not all of these things.

>the current console generation

a little early isn't it

you are way too connected to video games then. No one is going to see marcus fucking fenix and know who the fuck that is.

Only Titanfall is a franchise you stupid fuck.

>Splatoon, Splatoon 2
What did he mean by this Sup Forumsros? I just can't figure it out.

>Undertale
>Battleborn

>One Game with Zero Merch
>Franchise
Pick One

A kiss from Cosmo

More people play video games than you realize, user. This isn't the 90's anymore. Most men and a sizable percentage of women under 30 played these games while they were growing up.

>no one is going to recognize dudebro shooter man

wat

Remember Red and Blue?

Cos...remember it?

Do you remember it?

i agree with this. i wouldn't even be able to recognize him, just bc im not a huge gears fan. for all the other characters on i think most would recognize

HITMAN™

>something this new being iconic

You're a retard.

this has to be bait.

Also:

Franchises that were revived last generation and received more widespread popularity than their previous releases.

>Elder Scrolls
>Fallout
>Red Dead
>Deus Ex

Splatoon

you have to define "iconic game franchise" and "current console generation" because without that I could list hundreds of things but they wouldn't meet your criteria.

3 years is plenty long enough for something to become "iconic." Don't be stupid.

>Bayonetta
>iconic
Wha

I sincerely doubt people would recognize Nathan Drake off-hand, there's nothing particularly interesting about his visual design

No it isn't you stupid fuck

With love, /vg/.

Overwatch. As much as it pisses many of you off this game is only getting bigger and theres nothing you can do but say damn.

>bioshok
>iconic

Games like Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, DOOM, Star Craft, and Bioshock were already iconic within months of release. Sorry you don't understand how the world works.

it's not though

Rich > Mike > the canadians > Jay > Beardfat > the woman > Aidsmoby

>Red Letter "oh lets just regurgitate critic's opinions when it comes to DC" Media

It really isn't..

>Games like Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, DOOM, Star Craft, and Bioshock were already iconic within months of release

Are you fucking retarded?

Do you also believe people are "regurgitating" the opinion that shit stinks?

>movie is shit
>people call it shit
>"wow come up with your own opinions"

I skip any Best of the Worst that doesn't have Mike or Rich.

>Are you fucking retarded?

Nope. Just correct.

Sup Forums is a Civil War between Marvel and DCfags. DCfags seem especially defensive of BvS, having mistaken the "kino" meme to be unironically indicative of quality.

>it's a mike + rich + jay episode

RLM is tsundere on Marvel desu

Hum, Rust? H1Z1? DayZ?

I think what you meant to say is
Jay > Rich Evans > Mike > Woman > Aidsmoby > The Canadians

>Bioshock

Also those classics you mentioned took years to become ico

Iconic in what sense?
Destiny? I'm pretty sure it sold well and they plan to make more.

>Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, DOOM

those took several years to establish themselves as gayman icons

>Star Craft
>iconic

If you're Korean maybe.

>Bioshock

Your opinion is completely invalid.

>iconic game franchise in only a three year console generation
You are a fucking idiot. The only answer is Knack baby.

While not exact, it is like saying name one classic book or album to come out in the last __ years.

It takes time for iconic things to be established.

Splatoon

Hamilton

>Super Mario
You mean the game that basically sold the NES and made Nintendo a household name?

>Legend of Zelda
The first Nintendo game to sell over 1 million copies

>Star Craft
The best-selling PC game the year of its release

>Bioshock
Everyone recognizes Big Daddy. Don't be an idiot.

Titanfall

simply being popular for it's time =/= iconic

Never stopped being popular = Iconic

>Everyone recognizes Big Daddy

Halo

Agreed, fucking normies can't barely even recognize their own president or prime minister, let alone videogame characters. Maybe they also know who Sonic and Donkey Kong are, but thats about it.

All those games took more than months to establish themselves as icons, and also more than 3 years you daft sack of shit

>Star Craft
>Bioshock
>icons
Oh, you're just mentally challenged

Bloodborne.
NioH.
Titanfall.
Let It Die.
Horizon.
The Last Guardian.
Splatoon.

Off the top of my head. And before you shitpost about quality, you said "iconic" which is actually pretty retarded considering instant-icons aren't born like that very often, it takes time for those games to ferment. For example NieR and Dragon'dDogma last gen went almost entirely ignored by most people at launch, yet I'd say they are pretty memorable now.

Then there are dozens of new IPs that you'd say "literally who" but hey, still count, like Grand Kingdom or Exist Archive and a plethora of other AA's. I'm not going to start counting indies or early access shit though

>Never stopped being popular

yes

over a long period of time

dumb fuck

next you'll tell me Vines trash that came out this year is iconic

Again, it took time for Halo to become iconic. At least 3 games.

You misunderstand OP. He means " icons " as in you can ask someone's grandma and she will recognize what you're asking about.

Which is actually a pretty stupid question to begin with.

>Horizon
>Let It Die
ha ha no

oh right my grandma really knows what bioshock is

I know it took time. What is the point of this thread? You either mention older things that became iconic or you say nothing because there hasn't been anything on this round of consoles that has become iconic because there hasn't been enough time/releases.

What is the fucking point of this exercise?

None of those are icons or even potential icons except maybe Splatoon.

>What is the point of this thread?

There is no point. The thread is fucking stupid. Nothing this gen has been iconic because this gen's barely started. Especially fucking franchises, which none have really been established yet.

This thread is fucking stupid.

The smell of fecal matter is the true patrician smell, so yes.

Only one there that's arguably iconic is Splatoon.
>Let it Die
>Horizon
Might as well call every game iconic, then.

>because this gen's barely started
We're over halfway through, friend. It feels like it's barely started because we only have as many games as we'd normally have when just getting started. All three consoles have had dick for games, fewer releases than both previous sets of consoles. Console hardware sales were down in 2016 from 2015.

"Haha, nice try, but [Nintendo game] is the only one that counts"

I'll give you non-vidya examples because you appear to be a moron. Here is a list of movies which were inarguably attained "iconic" status within months of release.

>Jaws
>Star Wars
>Raiders of the Lost Ark
>Jurassic Park
>The Matrix
>Wizard of Oz
>Gone With the Wind

You wouldn't have to wait 3+ years to tell that these movies were culturally significant.

OP should have just clarified that he wanted this response.

It's true. Most new franchises are niche

I kind of like it. I feel like video games are starting to head back towards being fun because the money train can't go much faster than it already does and people are sick of Cock of Dooky tier franchise milking

The only one even bordering on iconic is ass creed

good

hopefully this gen shit can fuck off and die like this thread

>Call of Duty isn't iconic

You might not like it. It might be shit. That doesn't matter. Everyone knows CoD.

sad that the only innovative there is the souls series simply for the invasion/summoning mechanic

I don't even own a Wii U you sonygger subhuman. The very concept of an iconic franchise spawning within three years is basically impossible and you somehow STILL managed to make a complete ass of yourself. Nioh is iconic? Fucking really?

CoD and AssCreed pioneered new heights of whoring a franchise to death.