So I'd like to upgrade my GPU this year. I currently use the R9 280 3GB...

So I'd like to upgrade my GPU this year. I currently use the R9 280 3GB. I'm thinking of getting either one in pic related, but I'm open to other suggestions. I'm not looking to spend more than $350, though.

What think, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aqd81Vt81CA
youtube.com/watch?v=SbXVl4dUip0
youtube.com/watch?v=oNF8c9y9GxE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just save up for the 1070 or 1080. A 1060 can't run all modern releases at 1080p 60fps on ultra, it's already out of date.

>A 1060 can't run all modern releases at 1080p 60fps on ultra
any examples?

GTAV
Watch Dogs 2
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

off of the top of my head. There are also more releases where it does 60 or just barely breaks it so it will become even more common for even optimized games (unlike WD2 and MD) to not hit 60.

any source to backup your claims?

rx480 8gb

The games not being 1080p 60fps on ultra you can look up yourself on Youtube.

Second one is common knowledge. You can also verify that modern releases barely pass 60 by looking up framerate tests yourself. I'm not going to do all the research for you.

you made the claim, you should be able to back it up. You're not just pulling this out your ass, are you?
The burden of proof lies upon you.

>do all the work for me
pparently a Google search is too hard for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=aqd81Vt81CA
youtube.com/watch?v=SbXVl4dUip0
youtube.com/watch?v=oNF8c9y9GxE

hes kinda right for watch dogs 2 : The game has options that can easily kill any GPU : HTFS shadows, dynamic volumetric fog (that costs 30 fps alone), etc.

Jesus you're a lazy fuck

Other than maybe some GTAV I don't think I'd be playing any of those games anyway - are those the only ones with performance problems in ultra on a 1060?

you should actually bother looking it up when he says you can instead of being too lazy to move your chetto dusted fingers several keys away from your dick

Sup Forums would be a better place if everyone provided source for their claims as they make them. There's no excuse

this
1070 is the best value per dollar right now
though I just got one and it's bottlenecked to hell by my gpu so I'm not really able to enjoy it

dude you can run every game with the 1060. just dont activete some of the meme options that eat frames like crazy.
outside of that you can run everything at 1080 and 60frames no problem

because youre too lazy to inquire into it?

samefag

then do you research on google and fuck off.

dude

you could literally google that information (which is what I did).

this isn't rocket science.

when I built my PC, I got a lot of help from Sup Forums and Sup Forums. but for something this simple, he can definitely look it up on his own and verify my claims. I spoonfed him anyway.

fuck off fag

no, because it wastes time and encourages shitposting when you don't.

he made the claim, not me

no shit, but as you can see in this thread someone used it to shitpost since that user didn't source to begin with

>inb4 photoshop

Not worth upgrading unless you're a big graphicsfag.

Isn't the 480 8gb cheaper and doesn't it perform pretty close to the 1070?

>no, because it wastes time and encourages shitposting when you don't
i never knew 5 seconds out of your life was such a detriment to it that you didnt do it

as if your time is any more or less valuable than mine. you're the one who wants to know, I made a claim. To verify if this claim is true yourself, all it takes is maybe three seconds to find the videos from the information given if you're a slow typer.

t. Lazy child

I'd say it's worth getting the 480 over a 1060, if that's your budget range.

the 480 is pretty much equivalent to the 1060, but the 1070 is considerably better (and more expensive) than both cards. Still, a 1070 can be overkill for 1080p/60fps; it's mostly intended to be a card for 1440p or 120-140fps at 1080p.

Get the 1060. They're both the same price roughly, and perform about the same on stock clocks, but my card goes all the way to 2GHz on Asus blower fan while his windforce struggles at a 10% OC and I wreck his little red boypussy.

Wait for 500 series with Vega and then get a second hand 1070, plenty of salty faggots will be selling them and prices will go down like your mom on a friday

unbelievable, you're all so focuses on shitting on me that you didn't even realise I didn't request source either, I'm just pointing out that if source was provided in the first place you wouldn't have got that user derailing the thread because of it.

1070 >>> 480 but its almost twice the price in my country.
I got a 8gb 480 at 240€ while the gtx1070 costs around 450€

I don't know shit about computers, but can you guys tell me if I have room for one of those 212 cooler dealies everyone is always going on about? My cpu has been blazing lately and I was worried my prebuilt was going to die

I opened it up for the first time since I got it in 2015 and it was pretty dusty, so I cleaned it out and it's working better, but I'm wondering if the fan is still a good idea (assuming it will fit or whatever and it isn't too complex to install)

Spoilered because I know dust upsets people for some reason, also it's a prebuilt so don't yell at me if the way the wires are arranged triggers you or whatever

It looks like you have a giant midtower case, of course you could fit a 212 evo in there. Even some microATX cases can fit that.

>Got Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 8GB and 6600k yesterday
How'd I do Sup Forums?

I'm really sorry for assuming an user is so lazy he can't find the source himself. It's not like I posted an unreversesearchable page from a doujinshi, I made a claim about a game that could easily be Googled and the initial user was too lazy to Google it himself.

This whole thing is really stupid. In the time he took to say "the burden of proof is on you" and "do you have a source" he could have easily, easily found it.

dust that shit son like damn

in the time it took for you to tell me to find it, you could've found it :^)

nigga you could fit a dead body in there, of course a cooler or two will fit

I used compressed air like everyone recommends, I think I did a good job

My cpu was idling at like 40c - 50c before, the fan was caked in it

If you play at 1080p/60hz, you did fine.

I do because I'm too poor for 4k/144hz
I'm just wondering since some people say the MSI 480's are quieter but they're like 25-30 more

> people in here complaining about 1060 not running max out settings with infinity AA
> was running gtx 260 with high settings and no AA back in 2012

you can get it for $200 right now on amazon. just get that.

for shits and giggles I was looking up gtx 260 price and someone is selling one for $370 new.

OP here. Thanks for all the advice and recommendations. Really appreciate it.

I'm gonna follow the 1st post because it's not too much more expensive and FPBP.

>Prebuilt

You deserve what you get.

how many times are we going to have this thread

I just wanted to play games at 1080p, I've had zero issues with it until now

Until they are banned from the board or everyone owns an rx480 8gb.

RX 470 or GTX 1050 Ti?

470 is a way better deal for the power
The 1050 is underpowered as fuck

470. It's usually slightly more expensive (in the US) but it's better than the 1050ti in every way