LMAO

LMAO

#sony4lyf

Why would you even want the charging one when JoyCons last a lot and charge conveniently on the console?

I think he's saying the grips look a bit like DS4 grips?

Wait, there is a non-charging grip?
What is the point? Is it just a plastic surface to put the gamepads on?

joycons have 5x the battery life of a DS4.

>Wait, there is a non-charging grip?
yeah, the one that comes with the console

It's for Nintendo to jew you, no joke.

The plastic grip is free, the Joycons have a 20 hour battery so they didn't think it was required for you to charge them while playing, if you want to just use your switch as a home console but not buy a pro controller you can buy the charging grip.

If you don't have 19+ hour play sessions regularly then you don't need the charging grip.

This is some Apple tier kikery.
How much does this (((optional))) charger cost?

>the Joycons have a 20 hour battery

This seems unlikely. My phone allegedly has 10 hours of battery life, but if I actually use it, for example to play Shadowverse, its more like 4.

$30

Its completely optional as well as redundant as the console charges the controllers. There is literally no need for the usb charging controller

>redundant as the console charges the controllers.
which you cant do while playing
unless you buy the separate charger

I am The question is if I can leave in friday evening with a fully charged portable gaming device, and have enough battery until I come home some time sunday evening, playing while in the bus, on the back seat of a car, waiting for people to show up, pretending to sleep on the couch and so on.

you do realize the joycons arent running the videogame right

>free
no, it's part of a $300 dollar console package. that isn't free.

No, I didn't. I thought its a portable console.
I guess I am stupid.

The Joycons each have a battery larger in capacity than the Dualshock 3 did and have you even looked at how long Wiimotes lasted on decent capacity batteries?

The ProCon has a battery capacity of like 1700mAh for christ sake, controller battery is the one thing Nintendo haven't done anything wrong with.

You know what I mean, I mean it's part of the package.

>which you cant do while playing

Why would you need to play while they are charging?

>WOAH!!! HD Rumble!! The thing we spend 10 minutes of the presentation on!!
>Oh nvm you grip a slab of plastic instead, completely negating that, you'll barely feel any rumble at all, much less "HD" rumble
>better pay $70 if you actually want to feel the fucking rumble while holding a normal controller, or use the JoyCons seperately without the grip at all times.
>By the by, the thing we give you doesn't even charge, you have to go up to your console every day, remove the joycons from the grip and put them on the Switch over night, yes! That's the ONLY way of charging them with no extra cost.
>What's that? What if you want to play it in console mode at home without draining Joycon's batteries before heading out? Too bad, no can't do, better buy the charging grip!

>Waaait! One last thing, no controllers of any kind have an audio jack to connect your headphones into. You better play with sound blasting through your TV, it's literally your only option, or play 3 feet away from the console so that you can put your phones in it (or the TV)

Nintendo went 300% retard.

Joycons are controllers, you think the Dualshock 4 runs PS4 games?

Kek, literally cant make this shit up.
Jews

The console will die before those joycons do.
I plug in my dualshock to charge every nite, whats the difference? How much of a fat fuck do you have to be for that to bother you?

Well the actual device charges the controllers while you're in portable mode. Adding to that the fact that the device only plays for 2.5-6 hours remote. You'll probably have a charger with you though. Just standard USBC

Before this thread I thought that the thing you connect the joycons to is the console, that it charges them from its battery and plays the games.

Oh well now you know. Thats just the grip to make playing easier when its docked. When you have it portable it looks like the wiiu gamepad but a bit smaller.

Not him but what if i dont want to buy a pro controller and want to play on my tv? How long does the battery last?

> play at home
> take it outside at 50% battery because there was no way of charging them while playing on the TV
>play outside
>go back home with 10-20% battery left, longing for another long Zelda playsession
>play for a couple of hours until you are FORCED to stop becaues there is no way of charging your controller, NEED to put the joycons on the switch and play it in portable mode until they charge

No excuses, completely retarded and a jew move to not have the "charging grip" as the only and standard option. See pic related, it's actually a mirror.

Reports are saying the joycons last close to 20hrs.

>whats the difference?
I gave you quite a lot. Try reading next time.

For one, you can play while charging your controller on any other console. I know, AMAZING new technology! It's so alien and out of this world that you can actually do that.

Why would you want to go against the will of Nintendo execs op?

They know better than us because they own Nintendo and Nintendo games make my bellyfeel happy.

>defending charging while playing
>ignore the fact its because those controllers have pathetic battery life

You know they probably didn't even think of your scenario when designing the thing and already had all the grips manufactured and ready to be boxed up when someone in the engineering team was like "Wait what about this" and they were like "FUCK well we need to make charging grips now, and because of our production factories having to switch (heh) to a new form factor with electronics its gonna be really expensive for a peripheral not many people will buy so we need to charge at a pretty high profit percentage"

And now neckbeards on Sup Forums are the only ones autistically screeching about it.

hey guess what, the PS4 has been out for 4/5 years, get a life sonygger

That's some bait and switch *SNAP* right there.

The JoyCons have a life of 20 hours. I seriously doubt most of the casuals on Sup Forums will play vidya for that long, instead of shit-posting on Sup Forums.

If anything that gives Nintendo even less of an excuse.

>People defending this
Holy shit, just stop. Admit it, if this was on any other console there'd be a shit storm. The closest we've come to this is the 360, but that had batteries so they were replaceable when they ran out. The Switch is unusable for hours when you run out of battery, unless you want to plug the unit in and play it with the joy cons attached in tablet mode. In which case, why the fuck would you not just provide a charging grip?

So they last 9 hours, that's still more than enough. also the joycons don't have processors that are running multiple things which vary in processing strain.

the joycon's own battery life lasts for 20+ hours though

for those saying "but Nintendo says the battery lasts 20 hours!" — you're telling me you've never had a rechargable run out on you mid-game?

I can't believe Nintendo is shipping a game console with a controller that can't be charged while you play it. That is 100% unprecedented.

Like look at this dipshit try to rationalize it and defend Nintendo

This.

Fatfuck's scenario here won't work because the Joycons will outlast his hours awake, and they can easily be charged overnight. People should be worried that the Switch itself has to be on life support.

The charging grip is a jew move, but mainly because it's to grab easy money from dumbasses who don't realize that the JoyCons have a much longer life than your regular PS4 or Bone controller.

If you charge them everytime you are done playing you wouldnt need to.

Also you have autism.

what are you talking about? In 4 years the switch will be $150-$200 and have 20 games for 2021 just like a ps4, while the ps5 releases having a few 5 or so games like the switch does now, it's a damn cycle

If it was any console, there would be a "shitstorm", like this thread here, because Sup Forums is full of people who like to fling shit around.

>The charging grip is a jew move

That Sup Forums will defend to death because they can't stop gargling Nintendo balls in their mouths

Considering how everything else Switch-related is priced I actually feel my balls receding into my body when I think of pricing the online

This is one of the stupidest posts I've seen in a while. You are comparing a phone, a device with a processor, a screen, backlight, speakers, wifi, bluetooth, and a data connection to a much simpler device that only uses a wireless connection to the console, input sensors, a gyro, a few motors, and a very simple speaker and trying to use that as an example for your argument.

No shit, the batter life on your phone is going to vary wildly depending on what you're doing with it. Playing a game on your phone is going to sap the batter a lot quicker because it's making much more heavy use of the processing power, screen, backlight, and speaker, in addition to any other features the game utilizes, many of which draw a lot of power. A joycon controller, or any wireless controller for that matter, is always going to consistently be using the same pieces, none of which draw that much power. If the Wii U pro controller is anything to go by, then I am fully expecting a 20+hr battery life on the joycons, thus the charging grip isn't even going to be necessary. You'll be able to get by just fine if you just plug your controllers back into the system when you're done using them, just like you're probably already doing with the PS3/4 and XB1.

>you have autism if you criticize Nintendo jew decisions
get fucked

Sup Forums is not one person. Get over yourself.

PS4 had 26 games out on launch day, at this rate Nintendo are going to be lucky to make that number by the end of the year.

>In 4 years the switch will be $150-$200 and have 20 games

Just like the Wii U right?

In 4 years the PS5 will be out (and whatever Microsoft has assuming they still make consoles) which just makes the comparison even more embarrassing for Nintendo.

Looks like a classic bait and SWITCH

*snaps fingers*

Sup Forums is full of people who like to eat shit and will proudly brag about it while calling people autistic for pointing out they're eating feces.

How does one thing negate the other? How isn't having both the best option?
Seems like you are defending NOT being able to charge while playing on the TV (at no aditional cost) with a completely unrelated excuse that battery life is better. Yes that's good, but has nothign to do with the fact that you can't charge them while seperated from the Switch unit.

How is that relevant?
Is the Switch releasing in 2017 or 2013? I don't get it. How is it not competing with current PS4/Xbone prices and library?

>get over yourself
>everyone on Sup Forums who disagrees with me is a fatfuck autistic neckbeard

Nintendo fans seem to think the Switch deserves extra slack because they decided to release it 4 years late.

>implying the last 5 days haven't been nonstop nintendo hating circlejerks

Just because you found a nonissue doesn't mean there aren't legit criticisms of this system. The whole issue you describe is not an issue for 99% of people. If they find their controllers dead and want to play, they will just take the console out of the dock and play like that.

>If they find their controllers dead and want to play, they will just take the console out of the dock and play like that.
Forced to play uncomfortably rather than releasing the tension in my shoulders and relaxing on the couch?

What do i win?

Forced to do so for your own dumbshit mistake of not putting the controllers on the dock when you're done with them.

forgot my (you)

Autism

>your own dumbshit mistake of not putting the controllers on the dock when you're done with them.
guess what
most people are dumb as hell

Or, how about, let me charge them whenever I want like literally every other piece of technology with an internal battery that I own. What a novel concept.

no water to middle house

Autism bro

How the fuck do you even charge the joycons then?

you must be a Sony only player huh user?

Wi, 360 and Xbone controllers batteries last quite a long time, unlike the ps4 controller which lasts like half the time of those.

>30$ Ethernet port
Kek you can get them for 8$

Read the thread retard.

Oh look you can protect yourself from stupidity by paying 30 extra dollars

Its like insurance for your idiocy!

>the Joycons have a 20 hour battery
[citation needed]

>implying the last 5 days haven't been nonstop nintendo fanboy circlejerks
>implying a controler that can't charge while playing in TV mode without an overpriced grip not included in the console is a "nonissue"

Thank you for proving my point. You are a case example of the apologist drone who will run damage control for Nintendo' decisions no matter how fucking stupid they are.

>If they find their controllers dead and want to play, they will just take the console out of the dock and play like tha

can't wait to play the Legend of Zelda on a tiny screen instead of my TV because my controller just died, sounds like a blast

Or they could just include it in the console itself
or even better they could just make and include a normal fucking controller that doesn't cost the price of two games

>s-spoonfeed me daddy!

I'm not even a nintendo fan. I think that the switch is dumb as hell and will fail. Stop being massive retards and complain about the things that matter.

Luckily you can charge if not replace the batteries on all of them while playing

内蔵バッテリー リチウムイオンバッテリー/電池容量 525mAh
※内蔵バッテリーの取り外しはできません。交換が必要な場合は、任天堂サービスセンター(オンライン修理受付)で有償にて交換させていただく予定です。
バッテリー
持続時間 約20時間
※目安の時間です。使用状況によって短くなることがあります。

still have to pay extra for something that should be included
just like selling chargers separately for 3DS
nintendo is going full jew

>Paying money to do something every other piece of technology does right out of the box
Tell me, how does it feel to be retarded? When will you understand that it's not about forgetting to charge the controllers, it's about not giving Nintendo more money for their already overpriced system to do something so basic that it should already be a part of it. It's not "paying for insurance", it's paying for the option. The privilege of giving money to Nintendo for the option to choose.

You dont need a ethernet adapter.

>buying a console at launch
You're already stupid.

>I'm not even a nintendo fan. I think that the switch is dumb as hell and will fail

You are a massive retard and are convincing nobody

>hey I am not a Sony fan and the PS4 is a giant piece of shit but paying for online is actually a good thing! complain about something that matters retards!

>Nintendo just keeps digging a deeper hole for itself

>He preordered the nintendo switch

That happens with a lot of capitalist ventures.

I'm not even buying the switch. If I were I would never buy the charging grip because I would never need it.

>You dont need a ethernet adapter
STOP.

>have to charge your grip so it can charge your two wireless controllers
Yeah fuck that. Anybody who doesn't get a Pro controller is a fucking mongoloid anyway.

Fuck. I'm fucking tired but I think this one is right?

I'm a PC gamer. I come here to see what senseless arguments you faggots spew because its fun to argue. I'll just emulate it in a year or two.

Hangon I fucked up the fire but it's just connected to the wrong one. I've gone two days without sleep. Let me fix this.

No its a ruse.

People are comparing screenshots of reveal shit to the event shit where designs changed a bit, and are calling it a different product.

Summer Sup Forums no longer applies. Year round retards are the norm now.

>muh CAPITALISM
oh fuck off

Try again.

You do realize it's to force you to use the Switch in portable mode, right? If you're too stupid to plug the switch in some time during the day, or are otherwise unable to, it forces you to keep playing on it when you do get home. but lets be honest it'll just be a roadtrip/bathroom machine when not docked, it has the same battery life as the 3DS so I'll probably use the switch the same way

When you finally do get to switch to the tv, you'll be in amazement and will be glad to be on the tv, but know that you're playing the same game and will as a result appreciate the machine.

>anyone who doesn't spend $70 on top of their $360 minimum switch purchase is a fucking mongoloid

lol

Thats literally how technology is now my guy. You buy a phone, but then are mad that you can't hook it up to a TV so you buy an HDMI adapter

Same shit. Convenience has a price. Just like that one faggot that was mad another dock costs 90$

Well yeah of course it does nobody is going to buy another dock.