Majora's Mask

>Largest, hardest, most original dungeons in the entire series
>Lengthy, substantial side quests that can actually compete with dungeons
>Unique game mechanic, ripe for expansion and utilized throughout the entire game
>Actual fleshed out characters and towns that progress with the game
>New abilities and transformations that are genuinely interesting and helpful
>Best eldritch setting in any game
>Handles themes of anxiety, acceptance, and death better than any game, and it was made by fucking Nintendo
>Plot that bothered to go beyond 'save the princess and fight Ganon', adding new shit to the lore
>Most importantly, this game would never have been created by Nintendo today, because it's too complex, dark, and different, which is the most anti-Nintendo sentiment possible to have

How people don't consider this as the best game is beyond me.

I think it would be more accepted as the best game if it had a bit more mainline content. The side stuff is nice but it's hard to compare to Ocarina on paper due to the much smaller dungeon count and so feels much smaller in scale, even if the game is overall better which I do agree with.

Man fuck that wedding mask quest though. Got through everything just to see the stupid thing taken fuck that shit.

>hardest dungeons in the series

The smaller scale works well for it though.

Also odd that game about a lunar apocalypse can be considered "small scale" but yeah

I love Majora's Mask, but the dungeons were super easy.

The sides quests is what makes up the majority of the game's difficulty.

It would of been better if the final boss wasn't such a pushover even without Fierce Deity mask on. Honestly I wish they made the Majora boss fight so hard that even with the mask on you'd still have a really hard time and not using the mask would make it nearly impossible to win.

Maybe its cause I played MM first and that I am a noob at Zelda but between, Mm, lttp and oot, I genuienely am loving OoT so much more.

Reviews were right bout love or hate on the time mechanic. I didnt like it. I had a big attachment to Cremia and Romani, Kafei and Anjo, the Zora band but seeing it undone everytime kind of made me distance myself and felt like a chore. Granted I also suck at puzzles which didnt help. I did make it a point to save Romani ranch, kafei and zora band in my final timeline though.

Oot its nice to see things stay as is. The characters are also really sweet. Saria and how she waited for link all those years hit me harder than anything in majoras. Plus the standard route of things makes the pace much nicer.

>dungeons
>super easy

Holy fuck I am literally shit if thats the general view. Spent nearly the full 3 day cycle in the final dungeon with 5 minutes to spare.

what would happen if link wore the mario mask?

It's all the handiwork of this man

Even with Inverted Song of Time?

I was exaggerating a little bit when I said they were easy, but the dungeons they really aren't difficult.

I still can't finish Great Bay Temple on a single cycle.
All other Dungeons in both OoT and MM are a breeze, but I aways spend a ridiculous amount of time in Great Bay Temple

This legit got me thinking, weirdest dungeon

Yes. I knew I sucked, but between the puzzles, resorting to a walkthrough, getting stuck even with it sometimes, dying to the boss (didnt roll on time) and struggling to hit him, inverted was literally my life line.

When I said I suck, I do mean it. OoTs more noob friendly intro is helping me enjoy it much more. The pressure of the moon and timer mid dungeon didnt help. Legit was sweating to beat the desert temple.

I do consider it as the best Zelda though.

Its the worst 3d zelda game aside from TP.
OP is such a scared faggot of this fact that he had to make a thread.

News flash no one cares and the game is 17 years old anyway. Move the fuck on already you goddamn mongoloid

MM has a very interesting aesthetic/themes but the core gameplay is lacking compared to OoT and TP. You say the dungeons are original but they're not very memorable.

I died 3 times to Majora with 3 fairies. Wonder how ganon compares.

Ganon in OoT? He's just as easy. Honestly Zelda games haven't been challenging anymore ever since the N64 games.

protip: use the sword to kill enemies

theres really no such thing as a hard dungeon in any zelda game.
majora's mask definitely has some of the more SATISFYING dungeons in the series. i would argue that the main dungeon in the DS zelda (no the other DS zelda) is probably the most satisfying in the series though.
MM is overall the best zelda.

>Side quests: The game
>Hardest dungeons

No.

>just as easy

In that case I expect to die at least once. I actually found Majora tough with his bloody tentacles. Knowing I could hit A to break out of his throw grab made it much easier.

inb4 someone says it gives hims the ability to jump

>How people don't consider this as the best game is beyond me.
The gameplay isn't that fun.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I genuinely appreciate Zelda games where Link ISN'T part of some generational prophecy to defeat Ganon and save Hyrule. Link feels that much more heroic when he's saving the day because it's part of his character to aid those in need rather than it's because the powers that be said he MUST save the day. That combined with the fact that the game takes the effort to establish a personal connection between you and Majora makes him feel more threatening and effective than just showing us yet another picture of Ganon's face is why MM has stuck with me after all these years

The best Zelda was Okami though

Zelda 2 has longest dungeons, I'd argue Twilight Princess has the most unique dungeon themes despite the game being overall dogshit
>Lengthy, substantial side quests that can actually compete with dungeons
true
>Unique game mechanic, ripe for expansion and utilized throughout the entire game
both Oracle games, Minish Cap
>Actual fleshed out characters and towns that progress with the game
true
>Best eldritch setting in any game
True, but the unsettling part about the game comes from seeing the same characters from OoT
>Handles themes of anxiety, acceptance, and death better than any game, and it was made by fucking Nintendo
>Plot that bothered to go beyond 'save the princess and fight Ganon', adding new shit to the lore
how exactly does it do this when Termina is entirely self-contained?
>Most importantly, this game would never have been created by Nintendo today, because it's too complex, dark, and different, which is the most anti-Nintendo sentiment possible to have

>How people don't consider this as the best game is beyond me.
because although Majora's Mask is the best 3D Zelda, Oracle of Ages is the best Zelda game period.

>True, but the unsettling part about the game comes from seeing the same characters from OoT
Not the incredibly depressing setting? Or character writing and melancholy music?

do you understand what eldritch actually means or were so trying to say melancholy?

You probably wont even die at all, he is really slow and his attacks are very predictable. Also rather than having to try to strafe around to get his weak spot you can just roll under him.

where does this "great dungoens meme" come from

the forest dungeon and water temple sucked, and the only good one was the stone temple

Now I have tried getting into this game ever since I was a kid and got it for the N64 on Christmas and have played it on almost every rerelease so far, Virtual console nonwithstanding, and I just cannot get into it.

It's at the same spot every time to: Snowhead temple. I go through it, find out I'm on the third day and I don't have enough time to finish it and I just say to myself "Fuck climbing this stupid tower AGAIN".

The game is just very boring to me. I've tried it on N64, Gamecube, and N3DS and I just can't find it in me to even want to play it again.

>can't beat a game for children

I wasn't the original guy, just responding to your comment about the unsettling nature of the game.

>theres really no such thing as a hard dungeon in any zelda game.

pretty sure the water temple in OoT goes down as the hardest dungeon in a zelda game.

It's hard to say. I feel like the temple required a greater degree of lateral thinking to clear, but everything was so clearly labeled that you were never in danger of getting lost.

>I feel like the temple required a greater degree of lateral thinking to clear, but everything was so clearly labeled that you were never in danger of getting lost.
have you ever played OoT?
There are no "lables"
Yeah you have a map like every other dungeon but that helps you very little in the water temple.
You do need lateral thinking, and amemory, there are also loads of hidden areas in that temple too.
You also neeu
d to go into first person a lot.

It is a really tough dungeon, well especially compared to other zelda dungeons

where did this meme come from

water temple is stupid easy once you get the compass that tells you where are all the chests

not to mention the absolute BEST concept art

I love the hard shadows of the concept art.

you can jump higher, and also at anytime

>No Roc's feather mask

> 4 dungeons
> 1 major side quest, apart from the main story
> New abilities = Equiping masks every 10 seconds to solve a puzzle

Your other points are good but you sound like you're either 12 or autisic so your opinion is shit