>netcode
I agree
>No arcade mode
Who gives a fuck
>Poor core gameplay
ya dun goofed

popular opinion of SFV is that it plays worse than IV
arcade mode is a big deal for casuals believe it or not

Thought about finding a cheap used copy. Is it fun?

I only play fighting games when im bores or with a friend. I dont get into the deep mechanics. I just like to have fun.

Literally everything.
It's not even a meme surprisingly. Try to think of one (1) thing they didn't fuck up. Good luck

>Who gives a fuck
Apparently a lot of people since it was and still is one of the main complains with the game, it is pretty much how people get into the genre.
>Poor core gameplay
That's debatable but i do find the gameplay to be quite boring.

are the servers back up?

Option select fighter 4 is in no way a better fighter than 5. Everything was too safe, and if it wasn't you could FADC it to make it so. At least in SFV when you do a fucking wake up shoryu you're not rewarded for it.

Ultra DP FADC wasn't safe, -5.
Hard to punish consistently but it wasn't as big of a problem.

IV you actually had neutral game and variance in play.
V is very narrow at least so far into the game's life.

Also V doesn't lack OSes, jump back+tech+block OS is basically crouch tech but more defensive instead of offensive.

DP FADC being -5 doesn't mean it's gonna get punished every time. There are characters where it's actually pretty hard to punish that. Neutral game is shit when it's just shitters pressing buttons(like every game), but in higher levels of play it is definitely there. OSes in SFV are actively trying to be ironed out unlike in SF4 where they stopped trying to fix them and left them in on purpose.

>At least in SFV when you do a fucking wake up shoryu you're not rewarded for it.
You mean like you can simply fucking block the shoryuken on wakeup and end the guy into oblivion with an ultra or a combo?

Not much different from 5 although i do like dp's not being invincible on anymore unless you spend the bar.

>Game has been "simplified for a wider audience" aka casuals who just want to mash buttons
>Slow as shit movement and walk speed
>Huge floaty jumps with next to no horizontal range
>Tiny ranged normal's
>Tiny hitboxes on everything
>Normal's have a shitty priority system
>Throws are slow as shit with no range
>Links are gone and combos are now mashable
>Huge buffer window
>No close standing attacks
>No neutral jump attacks
>Dizzy making people fall out of combos
>Game is full of comeback mechanics desinged to "lower the effectivness of player skill"
>Only super can chip kill
>V-Trigger a huge universal buff you get as a rewarded for losing
>V-Reverasl a get out of jail free you are rewarded with for losing
>Receve less damage the less health you have
>Worst roster in a street fighter game to date fan favorites replaced with characters no one wanted like birdie and rmika
>Risk/Reward is skewed due to high damage from jump ins yet pitifully low damage on anti airs and how you can no longer get large damage punishes from a jab
>Huge amounts input lag
>Constant fps loss on ps4 and high end PC's
>Random input drops
>Dumbed down mechanics
>Top players already saying the game is casual garbage
>P2W
>Game literally released in an unfinished state
>Online doesn't work correctly
>No punishment for rage quitters
>lobbies that dont even work most of the time with no flags or ping
>8 frames of input lag
>Actually install malicious Kernel level rootkit that grant unauthorized access to your machine

Yeah it didn't get punished every time but you certainly lost your turn.

SFV's design philosophy isn't about ironing out OSes. Zangief is a good example of a character with a myriad of OSes and they haven't and most likely will not be removed, most likely because it's too much trouble for the effort.

>shit I heard on Sup Forums: the post

>SFV's design philosophy isn't about ironing out OSes
Except it literally is. Combofiend himself said that they wanted to get away from option selects.

>>Poor core gameplay
>ya dun goofed
sf5 singlehandedly killed my scene

most of this is wrong

combofiend is not in charge of game balance
he's a PR guy

Thiccin all the girls, whatever happened to cute?

Having a scene based on one game is your own fault.