Who had the best PS2 trilogy? Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, or Ratchet and Clank?

Who had the best PS2 trilogy? Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, or Ratchet and Clank?

never played ratched but between the other two, sly

Jak imo

Ratchet ended up with a godlike PS3 trilogy so I'd say he wins in the long run

Ape Escape

Ratchet is clearly the best. Sly1 is better than Jak 1 imo but Jak series is better overall, compared to sly.

You're fucking up. Fix that right now with the PS2 games first.

i dont know how anyone could answer anything but ratchet. Although both sly and jack have a better first game, jak 2 sucked dick and sly 2 was fine.

Ratchet only got better

>le pick one meme
Fuck off.

>Ratchet only got better

It did until after Future when they moved it to North Carolina studio. Now it's stagnant as fuck.

yeah but who honestly cares after original trilogy and deadlocked.

3. Sly Cooper: Bad platforming design. Jump and hit the circle button isn't fun platforming ffs. Minigames are in excess. Combat is just barely the worst of the three.

2. Jak and Daxter: Good first entry that felt like a mish mash of every previous successful 3D platformer. The sequel decided to become GTA for some reason (money) and the polish the first game had is completely absent. The third one is better fortunately.

1. Ratchet and Clank. All the games are pretty much the same but they're pretty up-front about it. Just run around and shoot ridiculous guns at aliens.

All three games don't have very good platforming. Double jumping, man. No.

I remember getting the Ratchet and Clank collection and being so mind drained from how simple it was that my mind wandered off into existential thoughts and I got depressed.

PS2 wise:

Ratchet and Clank had two great games (Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal)

Sly Cooper and Jax and Daxter only had one good game each (Sly 2 and The Precursor Legacy, respectively).

It's no contest

>Double jumping, man. No.

Oh okay

ratchet and clank because it was the series that was consistently good. never liked the direction that jak and daxter took after 1 and i fucking hate the obnoxious minigames in the sly games.

Sly. One hundred percent sly, Jak and Ratch don't even compare.

>participation awards
No. You fuck off.

Jak and Daxter by a long shot.

Sly is my favorite of the three.

Sly had the only good one, Ratchet and Clank are all pretty mediocre games and Jak is trash.

Ratchet because deadlocked

Ratchet>Sly>Jak

Ratchet and Clank

People always say the Sly 2 is the only good one, but Sly 1 is really underrated.

Gr8 b8 m8

>ratchet and clank 1 wasn't good
Found the casul

As far as trilogy's go?

Ratchet and Clank > Sly > Jak

All of the Ratchet and Clank games are good and feel like natural progressions, also they avoided the messy situation that Sly and Jak created when they tried to revamp their formula.

Sly 1 was a great platformer, but Sly 2 was really boring and repetitive. Sly 3 perfected the sly 2 formula by not making it boring and repetitive.

Jak 1 is good, Jak 2 and 3 are better left forgotten.

Ratchet and Clank had the weakest first game, Sly 1 and Jak 1 are close but I'd probably give it to Jak 1.

Ratchet.
Jak 1 and Sly 1 are better than Ratchet 1 but the sequels dropped the ball big time.

Spyro

>tfw really enjoyed Sly 1 but hated Sly 2
I don't really understand why it's so highly praised.

Ratchet and Clank is one of my favorite game series.

I recently played the newest one and was dismayed how lifeless this felt.

Ratchet, definitely. Jak was unfocussed as shit, a Banjo Kazooie platformer at first, then a game with really bad gunplay, then a minigame collection with occasional platforming.

Ratchet 2 actually expanded on 1 rather than just copying what was popular at the time.

To be fair I haven't played Sly.

Personally I enjoyed Sly the most and Rather / Jak are equal

Jak 1>Sly 1>Ratchet 1
Ratchet 2=Sly 2>Jak 2
Ratchet 3>Sly 3>Jak 3
Winner is Ratchet.

Sly 2 is bad because it repeats the same shit in the same order, only thing it does differently between levels is make the terrain harder to navigate. If you played the first 3 levels, you played the rest of the game.

Sly 1 was a much more tightly designed stealth platformer, its immensely more fun and enjoyable.

Sly 3 managed to actually fix the repetitive aspect of Sly 2 and was as much more fun game. No idea why it doesn't get the credit it deserves for fixing the issues of sly 2.

Ratchet

>PS3 Ratchet
>godlike

kys

Ratchet was fun but easily disposable. It was amusing to run around and blow through everything but replaying wasn't that interesting.

Sly was highly worth replaying, either from challenging the stages or just having fun running around the areas in Sly 2.

Never played Jak, so I can't comment on that one.

First game: sly 1 > ratchet 1 > jak 1
Second game: ratch 2 = jak 2 > sly2
Third game: jak 3 > ratchet 3 = sly3
Fourth jak X = ratchet deadlocked

I fucking loved jak X so much growing up. Never had a PS3 though for sly in time or whatever the fuck it's called though :/

I liked it.

kys

i like them all

Remember Jumping Flash?

no

solely based off of ps2 trilogy
Jak>Sly>Ratchet
Overall including other ps2 games, ps3, and psp games
Ratchet>Sly>Jak
I love all of them though
god I loved this game

ratchet was just the same style of game repeated three times, jak actually sort of had a progression of gameplay over the course of its trilogy and hero mode was very fun, between the two i would pick jak

never played sly

What about their HD collections on PS3?

would you prefurr a marry/friend/fug thread?

in which case it would be
>ratchet
>jak
>sly

I liked Sly as well, not sure if I could say why exactly...

>All three games don't have very good platforming. Double jumping, man. No.
And the most worthless opinion award goes to...

She lacks good art though

>Marry sly
>Fug ratchet
>Kill jak

*haven't finished the ratchet trilogy, great series though

Sly > Ratchet >>>>> Jak

however, Jak 1 is right up there with any title of the three. travesty what happened to that series.

Sly 1 was a great game but those racing minigames could go fuck themselves. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong, but I always beat them by a hair. Thank goodness there's only two of them.

Ratchet > Sly > Jak