Can we talk about mgs3?

Can we talk about mgs3?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QkkP-UXTN0k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Oh man.

One of the best MGS titles, imo. What do you want to talk about user?

We can. You can't.

Skullface did everything literally

sure, gotta wait first, I just have to spend 20 mins in the menu before we talk

i need you to fly the wig

No, because Miller is not in this game.

>Implying MGSV is canon

Git gud

>Who was the better mentor?
Boss to Snake, or Snake to Ocelot?

It is, even if you don't like it.

Am I the only one that thinks MGS3 is at the lower spectrum of MGS games? It's honestly not as good as MGS1 or MGS2.

Nothing after PO is canon.

probably the best in series because of its balance.

Good balance between campiness and legit kino.

Good balance between joking and seriousness

Good balance between action and narrative regarding kinoism

Good balance between kino and gameplay

It's just so fucking good. still praying for that new engine remake though

3=1>2

Explain.

>Am I the only one that thinks MGS3 is at the lower spectrum of MGS games? It's honestly not as good as MGS1 or MGS2.

Yes, you are the only one.
Get lost.

Mgs3 with mgsv engine, weather dynamics.

Hnnng

Portable Ops was the last one with a good story before Kojima decided he actually did want to keep making games and went fucking crazy.

Anything. Currently replaying it on the Vita. Translated well into handheld. Been a couple of years and forgot just how perfectly everything comes together in this game to make it purely due.

youtube.com/watch?v=QkkP-UXTN0k

F

>Anything

Well, here's something.

I think the reason that the story is so good is because it didn't try to force some raised stakes like PW or MGSV did by having super Gundam transforming robots completely out of synch with the series established timeline.

The Shagohod was just some big fucking tank with rockets on it that shot missiles, not some ancient Metal Gear that was somehow better than MG's from 50 years in the future that everyone apparently forgot and never mentioned again.

It hit that MGS1 sweet spot of political intrigue and espionage without going pants on head retarded. Which is impressive for a game with a lightning powered bisexual sadist for a main antagonist.

It really is strange how Kojima diverts from his own established story lines in his new releases. Why write in antagonists and MGs that were never mentioned in the games that took place after those events?

Especially when using Ocelot as the recurring character.

Get your pitchforks ready, thread.

Am I the only one who really liked mgs3 but didn't really like actually playing it? Like, it wasn't long before I was just playing through the game to get to the next big cutscene and story part. Here's how the game generally went for me:
>crawling through the bushes, super slow
>spot an enemy occupied building in the forest
>"this time, I'll do it sneaky for real!"
>observe enemies for a while like I'm supposed to
>creep up as slow as I can and enter the building
>alerts triggered even though no enemies around at all
>hide in some bullshit place where the enemies clearly saw me go to, but can't access it
>hang out for five minutes for the alert to go away
>exit hiding, get caught, hide again
>get caught a third time
>kill everyone with the shotgun
>get the next story segment
>tell myself "I'll do it sneaky for real this time"
>repeat
I got tired of it and chose to enjoy mgs3 like I would enjoy a passive media, like tv or movies. I would not say that it made for a good game.
Thoughts?

Well by the sounds of it you should have went loud anyway.

Well since Snake didn't really teach Ocelot anything and Boss taught Jack techniques, gave him weapons, I'd say The Boss wins this one.

I'm playing 100% sneak now. It is a bit difficult and takes a long as time but it can be done

>I couldn't into stealth
>This is the game's fault, not mine

MGS3 is probably the worst offender of what you described. It has the worst gameplay in the franchise without a doubt. Shit like level design, enemy placement, camo-switching, pseudo-survival mechanics... They all add up to making a really clunky game.

Not to mention the fact that the stealth is a complete downgrade to what we had in MGS2 and you've got a pretty uninteresting menu-simulator. MGS never had good stealth mechanics to begin with, but at least they were arcade-y enough to have fun with. MGS3 throws the concept out the window and slows down the pace of the game. So far the only MGS game that did the slower paced gameplay correctly is MGSV.

youre just fucking garbage, I was doing pure stealth till I found the LMG and figured snake did a Rambo scream when praying and spraying, the part when The Sorrow showed how many people you killed, clearly marked the point when I found the thing.

>People who felt like they had to change camo every time they crawled over a different surface

Is this autism in the non-meme sense of the word? The first time I played I looked at all the camos once, then changed maybe 5 times through the whole game.

5 times is 5 times too many. It's a mechanic that didn't need to exist.

An optional mechanic shouldn't exist?

Fuck you, I liked it.

>not wanting to go naked snake with croc head
what are you gay?
>not wanting to go full stars and strips
what are you not American?

If all it does is hinder the pace of the game then yeah, it doesn't need to exist. From the sound of it you don't use the camo mechanic anyways so why are you so defensive about it? Surely you out of all people can see how meaningless it's inclusion was to the franchise.

All you need is splitter and you're pretty much sorted.

That or Tiger stripe.

Because I like having options. Did you get annoyed when you found an M16 even though you already had an AK?

>Oh fucking hell I have to into the menu to equip the M16 now, fuck this game

But I do use the mechanic. I swap it each time I enter a new area to raise the camo index. I'm just not bothered by it. Might be because I enjoy a lot of srpgs and enjoy outfitting and taking my time to plan actions.

I just change when I enter a new environment. In the jungle? Tigerstripe or you're a fag. Entering a warehouse? Better get on the splitter. In the water? Mother fucking croc cap.

Do a full alert run or fuck off.

But Kojima didn't write PO, and PO's story is garbage either way.
Peace Walker's is great though.

Is PW a necessary play when going to MGsv?

A little. It will help you understand and introduce you some characters that also in V like Huey/Paz/Kaz/Strangelove and what is that AI pod thing. And what is MSF and such.
Also
>can't build your own Metal Gear in V
Wasted opportunity right there, that shit Huey build on his own doesn't count.

>PO's story is garbage
>Peace Walker's is great though

What the fuck am I reading?

And who gives a shit what Kojima did or did not write? He also wrote MGS4 and MGSV, that doesn't make them not complete shit stories.

I thought the opposite, despite some hiccups I felt that PO had a pretty decent Metal Gear story and that PW was fucking garbage.

Gotcha. How's it gameplay wise ?

Portable Ops on steroids with better crew management, CQC and tps aiming camera like in TPP