How come Splatoon 2 doesn't feel like a sequel?

How come Splatoon 2 doesn't feel like a sequel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9YSzDXldPzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because the visual style is very similar and we haven't seen enough gameplay footage to have an accurate impression of how much or how little has really changed.

People played the demo and said it was the same shit

The version they played didn't even have the option to disable gyroscopic controls, even though they were told that the game would have that option at launch.

Given even that basic option wasn't there and they were only allowed to play one of several modes, I have a feeling that they didn't get an accurate impression of the full game as much as a small demo.

Did you play it?

Because it's more like an update than a new game

Because its almost in the same place like MK except MK got only "deluxe" tag Splatoon have glorious TWO.
Difference is MK is really just about identical with few simple tweaks and for Splat they actually put (little) bit effort into it, like reworked character customization.

It's more like splatoon 1.5

Because it looks almost exactly the same. It's more like an expansion pack they're calling a sequel.

Most demos at least "feel" different from other games in series, as long as it isn't yearly stuff like CoD or Madden. For example: BotW feels different from past Zelda games, even if someone played only a demo they would be able to tell immediately. That's different for Splatoon 2, which has only added tiny shit like new weapons

I'd say it's more like a OoT to MM really, assuming they follow through and actually introduce a large number of new gameplay modes, a new single player, new weapons, etc.

You really think that Nintendo would show the whole game with all new things at reveal?

They really need to add SOMETHING new, like ink mixing or something

cause it's the same game

It's basically a re-release for everybody who missed out on it on the Wii U.

I'm hoping something similar happens with Fatal Frame 5.

Probably because shooters usually loose their spark after the first game. Besides the big norime games like COD and Battlefield

>>Nintendo releases a new game that changes things so it on't feel the same
>It's a gimmick, they should have released the same thing but more polished
>>Nintendo releases a improved and more polished sequel of a game
>It's a rehash, glorified port, they should have changed things

Im sure the multiplayer will feel more or less the same.

The single player will be the real sequel.

Sup Forums is not one person
I'm someone who would want the same thing but more polished so I'm happy

they need to add a new faction that's ideology is autistically militaristic form of nihilism that wishes to snuff all life from Inkopolis. They use paint thinner suicide bombs among other new and exciting weapons

Because all sequels feel the same.

WHY DID THEY KILL CALLIE IT'S NOT FAIR

Because that's how you want to feel about it, despite knowing very little

Because it's just a port with extras, like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, but decided to brand it a sequel for reasons.

>The single player that is literally locked behind amiibos.

>He preordered the nintendo switch

Sisnt the amiibos only give you an extra level? Never bought them. Had tons of fun with the single player though. Final boss was fantastic.

Because it's objectively worse in every way based on one fact

>Paid online

What are you talking about? The amiibo shit just added a couple of challenge missions.

youtu.be/9YSzDXldPzo
Can't wait to see how they top this.

>he copy and pasted

Fuck yeah.

>new stages
>new weapons
>totally revamped specials
>new music
>new hub
>shitload more customization options
>new single player mode
>addresses all the shit people were complaining about in the first game like an added spectator mode and removing abilities from gear
>"doesn't feel like a sequel"
I don't know what to tell you.

You should have won the splatfest.
Best sister lived.

/thread

Honestly, if they changed it so it didn't feel like the original game people probably wouldn't like it as much. The original Splatoon already controls amazingly.
Small changes like the vertical roller splash, hold charges, and the rolling already make the game look alot different than the old one. I rather have small changes and tweaks than reinventing the wheel when it already worked perfect.

Because it's using the same engine and assets as the other one. It's a port that's being rebranded into a sequel.

>totally revamped specials
BOOYAH

I WANT TO FUCK A SQUID

You better get used to it, this shit will be Nintendo's CoD.

at least cod feels fresh and unique with each new iteration

My, people will say anything in order to shitpost.

Good fuck that's blocky and jaggy for current year+15

Because it's the exact same thing as the first game, just with a different coat of ink

>removed abilities from gear
Do you mean shirts and hats and shoes don't give bonuses? Because I would like to not have to deal with minmaxing faggots this time

>removing abilities from gear

So wait, I can be truly be fresh now? I don't have to wear shitty gasmasks or clashing gear to get good abilities?

you're saying that there's no longer an RNG merry-go-round of fuck you just to stand a chance against everyone who already minmaxed?
cos that would be neat, though some of the negative effects of abilities might need to be tweaked to compensate (ninja squid comes to mind)

This, there are tons of new things already, and we have yet to see the new campaign.

Because it has a distinct visual style and that's enough for the retards to claim it's a expansion. Yet they'll happily go out and buy generic grey-brown shooter/RPG #567. Fuckers.

fucking fresh

the real question is why wasn't it called spla2n

So how bad are the roller changes gonna fuck with dynamo users.

New hairs bruh. I can get a negro fade on my negro squid.

not that big of a deal
the "doesn't feel like a sequel" thing has been done before

You can never win with sequels.
>add too many new formulas and mechanics, people complain about it being different
>change too little, people call it a rehash

>jump flick is a huge line running across the map

Translations.

Because there was nowhere else to go with the concept to make a sequel that looks that different and new. It was a one hit wonder.

why would they?

I think it's great that they decided to do a whole new game rather than a slightly improved port.

That's weak. This apply to every game that share the same name, except (ironically) zelda games that refresh their art style every game.

because it doesn't work in Japanese or any non English language.

Because it's literally the same game but with jetpacks and killstreaks.

Narrow ink wave is easier to dodge than a tsunami of death.

Splatoon already had killstreaks dummy
Now it just has new ones

Good. Fuck dynamo rollers. Carbon for life.

Splatoon never had kill streaks and 2 doesn't either.

What would it need for it to be a sequel?

I don't understand.

>we haven't seen enough gameplay footage
That's because you're not looking

all rollers have the old horizontal fling and the new vertical fling you stupid fuck. this changes nothing

>There isn't enough new stuff, this is just the same game again
>Why does Nintendo keep forcing gimmicks? What was wrong with the old game?

what game?

Every game

It does.

She's not dead she's just "missing", this is a Nintendo game after all

haven't seen anyone complain that they changed too much in splatoon 2 though

>not just "Sup Forums.jpg"

Because it's literally a expansion pack.

Some people krakenfags are throwing a shitfit about all the old specials being removed.

It pretty much confirmed my thoughts that they can't really add much to this series, honestly feels like it's going to be something that should've been like a one shot like Animal Crossing, but they'll make more games without much added because the fanbase will take anything.

special fags are complaining

It does, but I've lost a lot of interest knowing it's paid online.

because you never played the first game

>replaced all weapons
>replaced are super weapons
>replaced all clothes
>completely different hair styles
>new map mechanics with singleplayer movement options implemented
>new animations

conversely if you look at dark souls 1 and dark souls 3 it looks like the same game with a graphics update and nothing more (which ironically is not far from the truth).

Aren't sequels by their very nature supposed to be the same game with new shit in it?

This isn't the board for reasonable people

Jesus christ they knew what they were doing.

Depends who we're talking about here, Nintendo usually handles their sequels in a certain way that so much is changed it almost feels like it's an entirely different game, or enough has changed to justify it being a sequel. Splatoon 2 looks almost the exact same, but people will me like "lol the hairstyles and outfits are different, it's different enough from the first one".

But it's not the same, sure it plays the same but there's all new stuff in it.

In Splatoon 2 the undershirt is a spaghetti strap instead of a short sleeve

Just for you Fucking Hiroshima needs to enable sound webms on all boards already.

oops

no innovation
exact same graphics

Good. The gameplay is still fresh, no need to fuck with something that's not broken.