I thought this game was shit? Probably the most fun melee combat I've ever seen in a game...

I thought this game was shit? Probably the most fun melee combat I've ever seen in a game. They forgot how to be challenging and technical and remembered how to have fun.

World's lore is kind of shallow and the game is very easy (I'm blowing through it on the highest difficulty even though I've never gone further than the tutorial boss in a Souls game) but if it wasn't for that this would be the best WRPG I've ever played.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Rolston#Video_game_industry
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's never getting a sequel either. The studio shut down.

They forgot to balance. Crafting is op as is the ability to not get dmgstunned.

>forgot how to be challenging
>saying that like it's a good thing

>and the game is very easy (I'm blowing through it on the highest difficulty even though I've never gone further than the tutorial boss in a Souls game)

Did you visit later areas early on? Apparently the game has an issue where new areas scale to whatever your level is when you first enter them, so if you dash to a later area while still low leveled, the area will remained scaled to that level.

I loved KoA. Great combat and world; the only thing that sucked was that the combat was too easy.

>forgot how to be challenging
that's why it's shit

>The studio shut down.
Never forget never forgive.

They shut down because the owner or some stockholder or whatever wasn't paying taxes, so yeah.

I only know this because I live in Rhode Island and the entire debacle was on the news for months.

OP here but I actually kind of hope it doesn't honestly.

EA still has the publishing rights to it (I believe?) so I'm scared they're going to eventually revive it with a new dev team who's going to completely butcher it (Like Star Wars BF)

>this was testing the waters for a free-to-play microtransaction-based MMO run by EA
I love the game, but I'd say we dodged a bullet there.

the absolute 0 difficulty ruined the game,

you never die and you never are even close

it just makes it boring and a chore

Not every game has to be hard to be fun. Do you guys understand anything about a comfy experience?

From Sft.s games are cool but it's also nice not having to take 5 hours and 100 deaths to beat each boss

The world was quite beautiful. Story was ok, combat was ok.

7/10
would pirate again

it's that it would be more fun if it was harder, but that it was so horridly dull since the leveling curve and level scaling is completely fucked, to the point where you're ridiculously overleveled before you're even halfway through the story. A game that isn't overly challenging is alright if it's short, but my first playthrough was somewhere around 50 hours and it was a complete cakewalk for the entirety

The slow predictable enemies are actually what makes the frantic hack-n-slash melee fun. It feels good being able to button-smash and fuck up multiple enemies with crazy combos.

Albeit this is all very subjective as again, I'm a guy who's never gone further than the tutorial boss in a Souls game because I don't find it enjoyable.

Kingdoms of Amalur is the most creatively senile game I've ever played. I'm not charmed enough by the combat to bother, it's competent but at its best on-par with other 3rd person hack and slashes.

>story is that everyone is bound to their fate and get reamed if they are unlucky
>you are the only fateless person
>instead of the whole world sucking your dick to get their fates improved you only do shit in a few main quest missions and beyond that do just MMO shit

>go rogue build
>if you max out the multiarrow and move into melee range you can get 9 arrows to hit 1 person dealing isnane damage
>crafting is a mess
>every magic class gets blink, which sucks

It's a game that will forever have a place in my heard because of all the mixed feeling it left me with

>comfy
so it's trash then

I liked letting dwarves know their place

man I got a bug on that mission

>>instead of the whole world sucking your dick to get their fates improved you only do shit in a few main quest missions and beyond that do just MMO shit
Let's se
>For eons entire world worked on the princeple that you die if you are killed and that there exists something like a fate thread or some shit and fateweavers can read it and tell your future with exact detail
>Suddenly on literally who shows up and not only claims that (s)he came back from the dead but also because of that is not bound by fate and can alter it hoever you want
Gee senpai I wonder why no one sucks your dick day one

>walk into village
>woman says she knows you can change her fate and make her not forever lose her dildo
>asks you to look around for her dildo

>Probably the most fun melee combat I've ever seen in a game.
Congratulations, you're a genuine shit-eater. I played this garbage for a good while, but dropped it eventually, because it's boring as fuck and the quests and story are dogshit.

KoA is the ONLY game in the last 15 or so years that I have actually purchased, and not completed.

Never have I lost interest in a game after about 30 hours quite like it.

Really? I never touched crafting once and ended up with a pretty cool sorrow fae two handed sword.

Does anyone have a copy of that long picture of all the level range caps of each area of the game?

It's no longer available from the wiki (only a tiny thumbnail left) but I never got a chance to save it.

it's very shallow but the first time i played it i enjoyed unlocking the new abilities and it felt novel for a time.

i like the setting of the tuatha and shit and it felt sort of different except it wasn't really from the normal tripe you see in rpgs these days.

these random CTE "killmove" with magic-weapon out of your ass where retarded honestly.

The gentleman responsible for much of the gameplay design was Ken Rolston.

If this game tickles your pickle give Morrowind a try.He had a fair amount of say at the time and there are many similarities.

Bethesda dodged a bullet.

He also worked on Oblivion and The Long Dark, and was one of the designers for the Paranoia tabletop RPG.

See
Too bad the game will never get fixed even by mods cause EA made everything goddamn awful nor get a sequel. Its great but flawed.

He retired before Oblivion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Rolston#Video_game_industry

>Rolston was the lead designer for Bethesda's role-playing game, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, its expansions, and was also lead designer for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV:_Oblivion

>Designer(s) Ken Rolston

The lore is actually kinda interesting
Actually you knew you would die on the mission so you set up your own resurrection and breaking your fate fate.

I'm in the same boat. Came really close in the last zone, but got bored and dumped it.