You are going to buy that new Advance Wars right Sup Forums?

You are going to buy that new Advance Wars right Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/816631519846526977
wesnoth.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'll certainly torrent it.

hot damn, love that artstyle
game?

does this even have a release date?

>starbound developer
kill me

I dunno if I would, considering how shitty Intelligent Systems has gotten since the last Wars release.

What game? Does it have multiplayer?

Does it have non-braindead AI?

Stop shilling your shit indie game using the nostalgia of a starved fanbase

From the Starbound guys. I guess if Nintendo won't do shit someone else has to.

twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/816631519846526977

The art style reminds me of shitty Minecraft texture packs and completely puts me off it

what the fuck is this?
explain!

codename STEAM was the proof they still know how to do good TBS

looks like a crisper advance wars to me

>chucklefuck

you'll be lucky if there's a game to play and it's not just a gigantic fucking collection of sprites in an unsorted folder

Might be okay.

The main problem with Starbound was that they had no fucking clue what they were doing and promised(planned way too much shit.

Do they still keep interupting game play with constant pointless dialogue? If yes, then no, don't care about this ruined game.

Had no idea about this and was just wondering literally a couple days ago what a new Advance Wars game might look like and how there hadn't really been one in years. Thanks for being useful with information for a change instead of just bitchy as all fuck Sup Forums.

Well hopefully now that they're not tied to a sandbox type of game they can deliver a refined game.

After it was patched, it was proof they can still make an ok budget one without waifus.

Let's not go overboard here. It doesn't compare to even the worst Wars games. But I'd still buy a sequel to it, so yeah, I guess I'd still buy a new Wars.

>rip off terraria
>now rip off advance wars
brilliant

it will be day one buy for me if i get to bomb the russians lol

no, the problem was that they're composed primarily of 'artists' and half the dev time was spent on making more cosmetic shit because drawing with pixels is all anyone knew how to do

Well, yes.
A smaller project like this would still probably work out better than Starbound did because of this, though.

as long as it gets AW2 endgame hard around midgame.

this looks a lot more like a different series, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

No, if anything it will make it worse. A big, open, sandboxy game is arguably improved slightly by a large number of decorative and cosmetic shit to scatter about

A focused, strategy based game is just going to fall apart if everyone on the team wants to spend their time designing a faction's units or some terrain

absolutely

> machine gunners shootin' up doggos

That won't go over well

You actually need good level designers and a non-retarded AI for a strategy game, though.

honestly I'm ok with the shilling since I'm a fan of advance wars and fire emblem and nintendo abandoned one of those series and turned the other one into a dating/child stat optimization simulator

Keep in mind that Sup Forums is full of people who think things like modern FE, Disgaea and Stella Glow are good srpgs.

Conquest had good maps though.

Just in that screenshot you can see Advance Wars elements that you won't find in that other series.

>no one has informed us about the god damn name of the game

fuck you niggers

Advance Wars has AI that's beyond retarded, that doesn't stop people from praising its campaign.

>Fantasy Advance War
Just a quick reminder that this game already exist, and you can play it for free right now in this very moment.

wesnoth.org/

looks like someone crossed tactics ogre and advanced wars

Nah looks kind of ugly.

Wesnoth is nothing like Advance Wars, for starters Advance Wars features no RNG.

Medieval advance wars clone isn't exactly a new concept.