Good

Good.

>humblebundle
>its rust
>AGAIN

Don't die on me thread

Rust needs some AI in the style of Fallout so you can co-op a world with friends instead of playing with a group of fags who grind resources to destroy what took you hours to build. There's a special kind of rush you get in defending something you put actual time into, but it's not worth logging off, logging back on to find your shit in ruins.

Play on the battlefield servers that don't have 200 players.

>AI in the style of Fallout

I want to say fucking kill yourself, but apparently Garry's original goal was (and still kind of is) to add zombies, but he's fearing a tremendous backlash if he does.

I don't need mutant or zombie shit, just any AI with real pathing. No bullshit warping through terrain or no-challenge animals running in a circle. The helicopter is nice, but that's all there is. I want that level of difficulty, but with variety. Small group of soldiers that you want to hide from most of the time, or strategize a way to take them out.

Animal AI is lower on the list, what they've been doing was a bandaid fix because before that animals would just stand inside cliffs.

If the AI enemies could also destroy parts of the base and if they did it correctly that could be fun.

>lower on the list
That's the problem I have with their updates. They're adding content to how the game works now, but I don't find the core content to be enjoyable.
>Be a prick and shoot anyone on sight
>Be passive, and killed
>Everyone works together and there's nothing to do
>Organize battles and the fun is removed through lack of spontaneity

New guns, better graphics, and caves aren't going to change it. There needs to be more AI challenges for me to get any fun out of it.

Well there's nothing major left to add, I think they're realized they can't add zombies to the game, and if not then they probably don't want to work on AI for them.

Game is loads of fun though, I think it's one of the best games, but I'm not raging in chat, I'm enjoying the game. What I DONT like is having to be in a VoIP to be in a group because no one fucking uses push to talk, it's nothing but spam. That's why I'm loving the many different battlefield servers, in one hour I can build a 15x15 armored 5 story base, insta craft rockets/C4, stacks of anything, whack a tree once and get 150,000 wood, hit a stone node once and get 7k high qual, teleport, remove stuff, etc.

I do have 500+ hours on vanilla servers though, but the last few months were on pvp servers.

I haven't actually experienced vanilla servers with the component system, I only lasted 40 hours in the XP system, it was bad.

That's what's stopping me from playing. It would have to be fairly decent though, I tried Ark and still couldn't stand it even with dinosaurs to hunt. Only The Forest and Subnautica are playable to me.

People make it more fun than any shit AI could

Bundlepill me on Rust, Sup Forums, please.

The best survival game out, work started on it before all others and the DayZ mode gave Garry the idea.

It's the best graphically, gameplay wise, has the best building, but it's only survival because of PVP, has one of the most toxic communities.

Will also actually get finished compared to most.

What if you have no desire to destroy someone's base? What's my motivation to go C4 something someone put hours of work into? For faster resources? For better guns? I'd prefer to work towards them myself. The only reason I'd attack someone's base is if they attacked me first, and it put me on a path for revenge.

The issue with that is:
>They've got a group of friends that will annihilate your base if you counterattack
>They're alone and have no base or nothing worth destroying
>They just log off or switch servers

Now you're left with no shot at vengeance and a big chunk of your time/base gone. I'd much rather have harsher survival conditions and more AI.

You only need C4 to raid, or to Zerg raid, otherwise you use rockets to hit 4 surfaces simultaneously where they meet.

If you're not raiding then you can just have fun with the random encounters or building.

There are tons of other servers too, but any server with an active admin WILL abuse the power, be warned, that's why many stick to official servers, just takes longer for cheaters to be banned as an actual FacePunch staff member has to log on and handle it whereas on community servers you can report it and it'll be handled faster, assuming the admin isn't a cunt.

Selling admin to people on community servers is a real issue, and many offer perks, depends on the server.

There are a few pve servers too.

You're supposed to be prepared to log on and your base is gone, that's the fun of it, you build and relearn, try new things. Make alliances, become a traitor, all kinds of stuff, the game is amazing dude.

There are also other ways to play depending on the server (Embankment, Hunger Games servers, etc, medieval servers, but those admins cheat)

If you have to play it on low I wouldn't bother playing though.