What games are better with a controller?

What games are better with a controller?
What games are better with a keyboard/mouse?

Controller for platformers, racing games, and third-person action games that don't require precise aiming.

M+KB for everything else.

>What games are better with a controller?
Ones for children.
>What games are better with a keyboard/mouse?
Ones for manchildren.

Most of them.
MMOs with a million different skills that have to be bound to a different key each.

oh no this thread from the 18 billionth time

>tfw too smart for vidya

3PV games are better with dual analog. Fighting games too, even though some faggot is sure to mention hitbox, which isn't a keyboard and hasn't won a major yet.
Most genres that have mininal inputs or more casual, a controller is simply more comfortable.

For almost every other genre M&KB is better.

Try playing melee on keyboard- I dare you.

That said Things like castle crashers/battleblock theater can be used with a keyboard but controller is better. i just learned on a keyboard.

Fighting can only be played on a controller.

Is that picture of Gaben on his table photoshopped in? Or does he really keep a pic of himself there?

>Most of them.
Sure, especially fps, rts and anything that requires precise.

Wheels for racing
Joysticks for flying
Dpad or Joystick + mouse for FPS
Dpad + buttons for platformers
Musical instruments or wack ass turntables and shit for rhythm... Etc it goes on and one, each genre has ideal controls.
I'm still a fan of arcade style light guns for house of the dead etc, and the motorcycles you lean on... Why were arcades so damn fun?

>yfw mouse accuracy is moot when every game nowadays features some kind of lock-on mechanic

>Why were arcades so damn fun?
Because you really had to be around people, not in room alone.
>lock-on mechanic
Oh, I'm terribly sorry, m8. I thought you said "play a game" instead of "watch a game play itself".

what the fuck do you think idiot?

>Oh, I'm terribly sorry, m8. I thought you said "play a game" instead of "watch a game play itself".

That was my first post in the thread, buddy. Anyway, I don't see how more effort = more fun automatically. I mean, I'm not talking about rail shooters only.

Me neither pal.
It just kills all the fun when your aim automatically jumps. I literally can aim for a head with a mouse in a matter of milliseconds in any game pretty much, but with pad it's fuckin impossible.

That's exactly it. Now you can aim for a head in milliseconds with a controller from a comfortable position on the couch.

Mouse accuracy is useless when you have a good control scheme set up for the controller. It all boils down to preference now.

>iv never played a FPS on PC

>I've never played an FPS on consoles

I can play that game too, friend.

My point is that instead of having extremely bad aim with a controller compared to a mouse, nowadays it's balanced out with autoaim unlike in older games such as Halo CE.

An FPS is not a game.

>yfw mouse accuracy is moot when every game nowadays features some kind of lock-on mechanic
only in absolute garbage console games