2 million pre-orders beating PS4's record as highest selling launch console

2 million + whatever Nintendo plans to sell at launch.

It already beat PS4's day one fluke sales.

already 2/10 of wii u's entire sales.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MixhcWSrrAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does anyone actually get triggered over another company's success?

Every console has amazing launch sales, even the Wii U.
It's all about keeping consistency, something the Wii U couldn't do

>Every console has amazing launch sales, even the Wii U.
>even the Wii U
you're so wrong it hurts, the Wii U did terribly on launch. The PS3 also did badly on launch, although for slightly different reasons.

One and a half million returns a week after its release.

wii u didn't have 2 million day one pre-orders.

oops meant for

dont reply to me, retard

it was sold out day one. It's not like they restocked within the week.

Don't ever reply to that poster again, or else

NINTENDO WON

Typical drone spreading lies.

There have been 2 million Switch GAME preorders.

The only source for actual Switch pre-orders is GameStop, which said they have 0.5 million CONSOLE pre-orders.

That doesn't count cancelled pre-orders which it will have at least some of, so calm your tits.

Neither did the Switch.
They have prepared 2 million, not sold

YEAH! ANONYMOUS REPRESENT!

which means day one sales. The PS4 ''1 million day one sales !'' articles were printed the day of the pre-orders.

holy shit GAME UK got that many preorders alone?
Switch is going to dominate

(You)

If Switch launched the say day as ps4. Sony would go bankrupt.

Switch would have outsold PS4 easilly.

WAHOO
BING
BING
BADOOP

lmao

If Nintendo restocks in time for March. They can sell 10 mil day one.

same way Wii beat the shit out of ps3

>It's a "Let's brag about pre-order numbers as though they have any precedent of correctly forecasting retail success" episode.

Jesus Christ nintoddlers are arrogant

>ps3
>still alive
>wii
>dead for over 5 years

Do you have a scope of reality?
Everything is different from 10 years ago

''still alive''

lmao. That's fucking sad.

meh i'll wait 6 months before everyones bored of it like every nintendo console and buy one for dirt cheap and have a nice dust collector

PS4 is dead on arrival

Irrelevant, all launches, including WiiU's were a massive success, it's pretty much impossible NOT to sell out launch units these days, and it happened to all current gen consoles - as you can see with vastly different result in the mid to long term.

Make this thread in June and July, that's where you'll see if sales will truly keep up or not.
This thread is useless, serves no purpose, and everyone and their mother knew this would happen since the first time we've frist heard the word "NX"

it's already irrelevant.

Sony gonna rape the fuck out of that tablet garbage wanna be console in 2017

Are these images supposed to be false flags or are they serious? because alot of that is absolute shit.

2 million units are shipping throughout March, you fucking idiot. Only a fraction of that 2 million was available to pre-order.

nice movie collection, but we're talking about video games here

switch is gonna scrape the floor with the shita and piss4.

Scorpio will take back the dudebro casual audience with super graphics.

Gaming is saved.

What a relief ! These past years have been terrible for gaming.

What is sony gonna do? Go turd party?

the people deserving the title '"sonnygers" literally only post on Sup Forums to antagonize the other brands.

what games is sony gonna go turd party with?

Does sony even make games?

is this definitive proof there are sony shills on Sup Forums?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

2 million+ scalpers on ebay day 1

Hivemind deluxe.

Hivemind

>used to know someone who did that
>ask them why they'd shit up a website they scarcely used
>"because it's funny"
People really need to understand that there are lots of people who do this sort of shit. They use twitter, reddit, tumblr, or cripplechan when they want to discuss something and then shit up Sup Forums for fun because in their minds, "Sup Forums is already shit so I'm not doing any damage" is all they hear yet they're the ones responsible for shitting up Sup Forums.

>WiiU
>a massive success
this is so wrong

I didn't see a ps4 in any store for weeks after launch because they were literally sold out for weeks, with every new shipment the lurkers were already taking them they were gone just like that

meanwhile Xbones and WiiUs piled up from day 1
I believe some of these WiiU boxes have never moved for 3 years or so, they didn't even drop the price, the retards

thanks to sony's black marketing bullshit we have the worst gen in history.

You should be happy sony's death is on the horizon. Gaming will be saved.

You people have more brand loyalty than NeoGAF.

yes I am, but that doesn't change that the WiiU was a flop from day 1 onwards

As if you don't deserve it?

>this is so wrong
It's not. WiiU sold out at launch too. and I think it did very well in its 2nd month. It was only at the 3rd and 4th that it got a MASSIVE drop and never recovered.

Which is why I'm saying this thread is shit. Of course Switch will sell out. Call me back in 3 months.

>I didn't see a ps4 in any store for weeks after launch because they were literally sold out for weeks
Yes, PS4 had the most explosive success, but every single one of them sold out at launch (the first weeks)

You know that PS4 sold 4million in the first month?

Twice as much as Switch in the first month.

And so the whole preorder hype culture will continue to dominate into the next generation of games as everyone involved on both the consumer and supply side continues to up the ante. It's actually truly fucking impressive the level of consumer confidence still remaining among gamers that preordering as early as possible based off of minimal stuff shown and what basically amounts to promises not only still seems like a great idea to people but even seems to be gaining ground as a thing. Like not only is putting the cart before the horse deemed more than okay by todays gaming audience but it actually seems to prefer it this way and like nothing could ever possibly go wrong with this business model even though it always does and then there's tremendous salt and people do it all over again anyway.

Great if this shit succeeds we will get more WAGGLAN PAID ONLINE + 99 BONGS CONTROLLER
Thanks nintendo

>weeb trash
>movies
>more remakes
>kingdom hearts 3.15
Sonyfags on suicide watch

Nice, Switch set to sell 10 mil first month.

If they sell 10 mil every month, they can overtake sony by double within the year. RIP satan of gaming.

>slightly different reasons.
Wasnt it the 599 US DOLLARS that fucked the PS3? Well it had no games for a long time but talking about launch week here.

Wii U shipped more than 3 million in its first month of release and sold out of pre-orders at launch.

So unless Nintendo is prepared to ship at least 2x as many consoles it's not going to sell significantly better than the Wii U at launch.

At least I'm glad that they combined the peripheral shit into the base console.

It's somehow yet another console wars thread.

No joycon charging grip tho

said the increasingly nervous sonygger.

I'm still not buying it until it gets a decent library of games.

Also, will you let the GameCube rest in peace already? It's 3 generations ago now.

>Hey asshole I'm going to sit here and dick wave a bunch of numbers that literally only the people selling the product should actually care about

Whoooo and meanwhile games just fail to get discussed entirely while Sup Forums is in charge of worrying about shit that literally only affects publishers

>$80 for controllers WITHOUT the pad to charge them
>paid online made even more JEW
>literal basic online features cost money (that don't on PSN/XBL)
>to use said basic features you HAVE to use your phone
>half the titles this year will be Wii U ports
>console DOESN'T come with a charging grip for your joycons
>console it $100 overpriced for its shit hardware

I wanted it to be good, but I'm skipping Nintendo for a third time. Get your shit together, Nintendo.

Lol.

BotW and SMO looks good, but

Nice ad hominem
Try a real argument when faced with hard facts

what do you expect with stinky sonyggers around.

>expensive controller
>paid online (no voice chat, no online chat, no web browsing)
>forcing devs to adapt games to the joycon shit
nah

When will the Wii U get a mad price cut?

I want to pick one up now, unless of course the Switch has backwards compatibility.

>not wanting a (you)

NOOOOOOOO DELET THIS

NINTENDOMINATION. FOR NOW. FOR EVER.

PS4 WAS A FLUKE

Easy there breh. You need some Sony in your life.

just buy a second hand one my bro

>I need the success of Nintendo to validate my existence.
Mods need to nuke all consolewar filth but as seen by , they're incapable of being competent at their job.

youtube.com/watch?v=MixhcWSrrAw

>they are still over $200

Fuck me

>You should be happy sony's death is on the horizon. Gaming will be saved.

Oh no is one those sony " will die " retards, gaming will be saved but not by the switch which is a piece of shit alrdy.

OP here, don't ever reply to my thread again unless you're going to contribute.

To the literal extent that I even care about this console wars bullshit I'll just throw it out there that when you notoriously under stock and under-allot retail outlets like oh let's say Gamestop, with your product as Nintendo infamously does I'm not sure selling through your preorder allotment in one day means much. I mean Nintendo could have literally just allotted Gamestop like 50K units worldwide for initial pre-order or something just so that they can do the PR Hype spin that it sold through on day one in order to create a market frenzy that it's a hot new product that you need to get NOW before it's too late. It's like basic hype marketing 101, I mean Square Enix did the same thing with their ultra super duper premium FFXV box set that they only made like 30K of and it sold out in under an hour which they of course immediately went into PR mode to "brag" about.

>No source whatsoever
Shut up already, quit making these retarded consolewar bait threads

If you want to talk about Zelda's
eyebrows or how ARMS is the greatest fighting game ever created because Nintendo there are dozens of threads for you to do so

>only two consoles
>being a wojak poster

Just embrace vidya.

Not him, but I was Nintendo/Sony for a while back in the '90s and early '00s. Arguably got more playtime out of my PS1 than my N64.

Then with the PS2 all I bothered to get was Crash, MGS, and AE before dropping PS after that. Meanwhile my GameCube had dozens of games and thousands of hours clocked on it.

same people that hate multiplat games because muh snowflake

Wowah. GAME still exists?

Haven't come across a game I need to buy a Bone or PC to play, yet.

Nice source yoy have there shill
Sage

>tfw you've become fucked to retardation so hard by Sup Forums you retreat into tribalist shitposting when faced with facts

There is literally no reason to own an Xbone if you have a PC and PS4.

Then what are you posting on right now?

Also that still classifies you as an idort, if you'd be willing to buy a platform if has games you want, because you care about the games and not the platform.

It'd sure be nice to not have half the threads be about this literally who cares bullshit and for the other half to devolve into it rapidly over the course of the thread. I mean there's about a good half dozen points that could be getting made and have been getting made about the OP's topic but nope the same 5 people or so have to do their ritual zero sum game thing and pit Sony against Nintendo in a thread that initially had absolutely fucking nothing to do with console wars and was just about the Switch period. Like a Switch pre-order topic that had nothing to do with Sony, absolutely fucking nothing at all whatsoever and yet still......

ok i guess

Bummer to hear that man. Personally, PS2 was what chipped away at my hostility towards Sony. Now, I have a Wii U I hardly use, a 3DS I've used plenty, and a PS4 I've used to catch up on Sony IPs. I love it. I'm in no rush to get a Switch, but I intend to once there are enough games I want to play on it.