900p 30fps confirmed

uk.ign.com/articles/2017/01/17/nintendo-explains-differences-between-switch-wii-u-versions-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild
>Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
>On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.

Other urls found in this thread:

technobuffalo.com/2017/01/13/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-targeting-1080p-at-60fps-when-docked-for-launch-video/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares, fps and resolution are not important.

How is this even possible? The game isn't even visually impressive.

this
I play all games at 50p 3fps.
It's all my computer can handle and it looks fine to me

It's a tablet, it can't handle much

they're working on getting it to 1080p 60fps, their optimizations aren't done yet, though. Source: technobuffalo.com/2017/01/13/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-targeting-1080p-at-60fps-when-docked-for-launch-video/

The source for the IGN article is literally Nintendo you tard.

yes, and?
it doesn't contradict what I just said in any way

post a pic

Have you just woken up from a 10 year coma?

This. I play all my games 1024x768 at 14-30 FPS (it goes up and down a lot) but enjoy them just as much as my friends who play at the highest resolutions at 60 FPS.

I literally don't fucking care. Worrying about resolution and frame rate is for autistic PCucks, not me.

> is ok when Nintendo does it
> is not a """real""" console

I don't care

>resolution
yes
>frame rate
no
only someone who hasn't played a game at 60fps would allow themselves to play anything lower. it's a massive improvement.

if the game doesnt have a drakengard 3 fps drop im sold

It is genuinely hard to judge how valuable the portability is without actually having it. Maybe the downsides are worth it, maybe not.

This, both are way blown out of proportion so mustards can shit on consoles, you can adapt to almost any framerate.

>tfw PCs were more powerful a decade ago

>900p
What the fuck kind of resolution is that? It bears no relation to anything. Fucking Nintendo

He is an internet troll. Some people grew up in the jungles and came out as monkeys, so their fun is to throw shit around with their bare hands. They really think it's ultra funny, those primates.

>Haha take that nerds, Wii U is as powerful as a PS3!
>R-r-resolution and FPs d-don't matter ;_;

Loving every lel

That article is the only source on that I can find anywhere, and
>While playing the game at the Switch event in Europe, Eurogamer was told that Nintendo aims to bring Zelda: Breath of the Wild up to 1080p at 60fps when docked.
isn't exactly the most solid citation.

I couldn't even find anything on it on Eurogamer itself.

I'd much rather have 720p60 than some botched together 900p garbage monstrosity.

b-b-but its supposed to be handheld!

...but it is a handled.

A handheld with $60 games, paid online, 3 hour battery life, doesn't fit in your pocket... yeah

itt: cognitive dissonance from nintenyearolds

Zelda hasn't been >30 fps since ALttP in 1992, except for handhelds.
60 fps would be nice, but it's not exactly expected anymore.

I'm sick of so many people call the Switch another Nintendo Gimmick

First off I'd like to say I've owned a Xbox 360, Wii, and a PS3. I currently own a WiiU, Xbox One and a PS4. I seriously cannot wait for the Switch. It's so amazing looking. I keep hearing a lot of people calling the Switch and it's controllers- gimmicks. Come one. The fucking Xbox 360 and Xbox One had a FUCKIKG Kinect. The most gimmicky gimmick ever created. I owned one. The games suck. The camera sucked. I literally played it for like an hour and got bored. Then the PS3 had the move which turned out almost as bad as the Kinect. Barely any games, barely any support. Then the PS4 had the little touch pad and lights on the controller. It was a pretty good idea and I saw it utilized well on some games like- Until Dawn. But other than that, no support. The touch pad now gets treated like a regular button. When the Wii first came out, it was something unreal. The games actually played well, a crap ton of games came out for it. Perfect couch coop and split screen fun. Nintendo has always created something different. That's who they are. As much as people didn't like it, I honestly loved the wiiu. I liked it more than the original Wii. Now I see people saying the motion controls are just another gimmick. Whatever. Just look back at your console and you will see what a real gimmick is. Nintendo always creates games that have so much replay value. Honestly I play a lot of games and I never have as much fun as I do playing with friends or family on a Nintendo console. I know the Switch will be awesome.

what a shit pasta

1600x900, a direct multiple of 16:9 and the midpoint in size between 1080p and 720p.

>consolebabbys actually believe this

I missed out on Destiny because I obsessed over the framerate of that game.
I will NOT miss out on ZELDA.

He is mostly right, games that truly need 60fps are already 60fps on consoles, fighting, rhythm, fast paced action games.

I'm inclined to believe people just excuse shit in theirs platform of choice. Back in 2007 I had a shit pc capable of just 800x600bon cod 4 at 30 to 18 fps. I found it acceptable and good at the time because it's already I knew. Then I got an actual rig in 2009 capable of 1080p at highest settings on anything and was completely BTFO. Framerate is very important, especially since sub 30 dips are incredibly jarring and unnatural, and big dips do happen in BoTW from all the game play I've seen. People are just prepared to excuse mediocrity because of dumb brand loyalty. You mention all the issues and they automatically deflect to Sony, fun, pcuck, xbot or any other dumb buzzword and make themselves blind to issues. At this point I don't care much anymore, I'll just play whatever and close my ears to retards

Excuse the grammar, I'm typing fast and didn't proofread

Legend of Zelda has been sub 30 for years, people will just eat up anything that franchise shits out regardless of how bad the game actually is

>only someone who hasn't played a game at 60fps would allow themselves to play anything lower. it's a massive improvement.
Absolutely fucking wrong, how out of touch can you be, most people that play games have already played both, people only give a shit when they get "educated" on why they should be offended by 30fps

Is 900p actually that much of an improvement over 720p?
Most consumers will have a 1080p screen to play this game on, which means that in both cases the footage must be upscaled. Doesn't 720p upscale more nicely onto 1080p than 900p does or am I not thinking straight?

I don't take issue with the game running at 30fps, I only hope framerate dips won't happen too often.

fpbp
2 fps with 8p dynamic resolution battlefield 1 and can hardly notice anything

900p does look better but scales unnaturally since it's 1600x900, some areas of the screen will look somewhat bad.

I hope this is true because I have been leaning more and more to just buy BoTW on wii u. I saw that there was some frame dips on the switch but I hope it stays consistent on the wii u version

Cool argument

This, the human eye can't even see above 15 fps anyway.

>when docked
>he still thinks the dock is anything more than a glorified HDMI cable

>PS4 games
>shit resolution, shit fps
>nobody cares

>Xbox One games
>nobody cares

>Wii U games
>excellent resolution, high fps
>nobody cares

>Switch games
>because it's portable
>WHAT A FUCKING TRAVESTY

why is this

>bloodborne technical shitposting continues to this very day
Nintenyearolds have the worst victim complex of anyone on Sup Forums.

Victim complex

What the fuck are you talking about? TVs these days have a 16:9 aspect ratio. 1600x900 will scale just fine.

>No denial

when the system docks, the fan is used. So it's not just a simple HDMI out exactly.

Nice, i'll just pirate the wiiu version then

WRONG

Both the PS4 and XBone have better resolution and FPS than Switch and Pii U.

thanks for the (you)s

this
I fucking blind, as long as it has good sound, its good for me.

#
So we're to believe they can take a game that drops as low as 20 fps, and make it 60 fps and 1080p within the next month? Keep in mind the game will have to go gold weeks before launch, so they only have roughly a month left of development.

>that drops as low as 20 fps
Switch version never dropped, it was even able to handle large explosions on-screen with not even a single frame dropped.

I'm actually mad they didn't drop stupid graphic effects like that dumb DoF that appears when you lock on enemies and the framerate tanks if the grass gets blurred, why not remove that faggot instead of lowering resolution.

I can't recall a single zelda game that ran at 60fps after Ocarina.

Too bad about the fps. Was really hoping they'd hit 60. I don't really care about TV output. Will play this mostly on the Switch's screen.

nope