Custom Robo

What the fuck happened with this franchise?
>little known japanese game
>gets a few trophies in melee
>a game finally comes to the west on gamecube and it's top tier
>becomes an assist trophy in brawl
>gets meh DS game

And that's it. The games don't even get a mention in Sm4sh. One would have been incredible for 3DS or Wii U, but their lifecycles are ending and it seems like the franchise is gone for good.
Why the fuck would Nintendo develop Arms over another good Custom Robo game for the Switch?

I only know the ds one but absolutely loved it.

Dont think its coming to 3ds tho, damn shame

The DS had a really generic story mode but the parts and customization were really good. If you played the Gamecube one first you could see how it's a step down. Still very enjoyable though.

F

DELETE THIS

>yfw this literal pair of tits who gets more representaton from nintendo than badass robots

forgot image

Best Little Raider.

it wasnt really top tier

>>Why the fuck would Nintendo develop Arms over another good Custom Robo game for the Switch?
>Nintendo releases a sequel from a IP
>It's a rehash. Do a new thing
>Nintendo releases a new IP
>NOoOO! You should release X game I like
kek

You're only insulting Custom Robo by comparing it to shovelware like arms.

>arms
>shovelware

>fans of dead IPs getting mad at Nintendo for trying new things rather than yet again trying something with a financial sinkhole
lmao every time

literally mario's prostitute

>game tries something different
>"no we want the same"
>game doesn't try anything different
>"rehash! don't make a new game if you don't do something different"

>it's not shovelware if nintendo made it!
go back to playing Federation Force, Cody

Pretty sad seeing you guys use the corpse of a dead franchise to shitpost about a new game you don't like

Game is not that good desu. Nintendo should call in Tri-Ace to reiterate the combat mechanics more.

But yeah, no reason to not keep it as a B-tier franchise that has guaranteed sales with kids and anyone who likes online multiplayer with customization/cheesy cartoons.

Isn't Sakurai working on a mecha game?

>Nintendo is trying to warn us something
>is trying to warn us something
>trying to warn us something
>warn us something

Niggeritis is a hell of a disability.

Language is flexible and dynamic
You would understand that if you weren't autistic

>I'm not illiterate, the world just doesn't follow the unique rules I made up.
t. nigger.

Who the fuck is she and why is she in every Smash game?

You are using rules that would trigger an autist exactly like yourself years ago in the very post you made.

>Its not illiteracy if you point it out.
t. nigger.

Barbara the Bat

Please don't use the n slur.

You're right, I can shitpost Arms without it.

No problem, just give me something to argue, because so far you've just been needlessly defensive over a grammatical error begin pointed out.

Were these games like Armored Core? Did they have as much insane customization as AC and Mechwarrior?

t. nigger.

STOP

Armored Core is pretty much a sim in comparison. Custom Robo has expansive customization but without worrying about stuff like weight balancing, so it plays more like an arcade game.

It was more like AC's customization with the tuning removed and just the body parts

All I wanted was a new Custom Robo online on Switch. Like, I would've bought it just for that. Instead, not only did a new Custom Robo not happen but even if it did I would've gotten monkey paw'd with the paid online. What a world.

>we will never get another Custom Robo game on Switch, 4 players with joy cons

You just combine base stats that come with a body, three weapons and legs that change how you move, and then fight in a versus battle.

Please, respect the dead

People were expecting another game like what we got for the Gamecube, and when the DS Game released and it was more like what we got with 1 and 2, AKA generic Saturday Morning Animu plot, people were really disappointed. It didn't help that you were only limited to 1 on 1 or tag battles, and the online being shitty. The Diorama mode was fun, at least.

I would have fucking loved a new game on the 3DS or Wii U that had everything from both the Gamecube and DS versions, in terms of features. Alternate color palettes for your Robo, an improved Diorama mode, the return of 2 on 2, Battle Royale, and 2/3 on 1 Handicap matches, and either bringing back Soul Boost, or something like it.

Between the silent Shonen Animu-looking protagonist of Arena, and the hotblooded, if a bit snarky protag of the GC game, I'd much prefer to have a protagonist with something resembling an actual personality. Retain all of the Robo types from the DS Game, and maybe add some new ones to keep things fresh, and boom, there you go.

>Didn't sell
>Had repetitive gameplay
>Never took off even in a niche way in the West

What you expect m8

>DS version
>a step down
At least you could save whenever you wanted in the DS version

I wish these build-fighter type games were more popular. The LBX games don't sell too well either, and they're basically the same thing.