Is it worth the $30?

Is it worth the $30?

Yes

yes

As long as you like true turn based combat, then yes. If you're expecting a great story, you're gonna laugh.

No. It's one of the simplest combat systems in the series, and the cloisters of trials ("puzzle" sections) are really boring. The last handful of bosses are good, and the story is pretty good.

I would recommend FF6, 7, or 9 instead.

no. just buy it when it goes on sale for $8 again.

Yes, but wait for it to go on sale.

No, just download PCSX2 and emulate it.

Emulate it. It's a 16 year old game made by a company that is a shadow of it's former self. Also the remaster is shit.

yes

Yes

emulate the international version

I put up with this shitshow moviegame for over 20hrs (past the Calm Lands) before dropping it.
Fuck Tidus and Yuna. Literally worse protagonists than the entire extended cast of the XIII trilogy. Combat was acceptable though

FFX is great. Well worth that much.

I unironically liked the 13 series over 10 and 10-2 and have no idea why 10 was so popular. I cant be the only one

you must be me. we are the only one

I think its okay to like those bad games, but to say you like them and then not understand why people like FFX just conveys brain problems to me.

shit taste is a growing epidemic

>I have no idea why 10 was so popular
>competent battle system
>tons of side content/optional dungeons
>minigames
>actual character development
>story has dumb shit in it but is entertaining
>uemetsu OST
>linearity is handled well unlike 13
>First FF with voice acting, was a big deal back then. One of the very few games with such exhaustive dialogue in 2001

Only if its the HD version that includes X-2.

FFX is popular in Japan because it basically combined what the Japanese liked about FFVII and VIII. Despite the massive online meme, Japan really liked FFVIII so copying its character dynamic in X was a smart choice.

The people in the west liked FFX because it was heavily marketed as the 'must have' PS2 title. Just like FFVII was for PS1.

By the time FFXIII came out, Final Fantasy had lost a lot of its brand power in the west. It still sold on its name, but wasn't considered the 'must have' PS3 title. That title being taken by GTA. In Japan, FFXIII seemed to go out of its way to spit on what the Japanese wanted in a FF game. And despite SquareEnix rigging famitsu polls and insisting Lightning was the most popular video game character in Japan, she really wasn't.

To add to what I said, Im not saying 13 is better than 10. I do think 13-2 and 13 LR had better peaks as games.

Lightning is my armpitfu